English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 19 October 2003, 18:35   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

CM2 Installer

When I released Championship Manager 2 for Fairlight, I did two different hard drive installers.

The first one was quite messy, the second version was a lot better and it worked on o6o processors as well.

Anyone got my second version still? Would have been released as an lha/lzx file in BBS days.
Old 15 November 2003, 16:30   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Did you ever manage to get your hands on the CM2 installer that worked on 060?

I can remember leeching the 1st installer, but I had an A4000/060 back then. I was really hanging out for the 2nd installer, but I never came across it on the boards or on IRC. I just presumed that you never got around to doing the 2nd installer.

Beavis didn't include any CM2 installers on his 5th and final CD compilation (although CM 2 was on there), which is surprising given he released the CD several months after you cracked CM2.
Old 15 November 2003, 21:43   #3
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I did you know!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBong
Did you ever manage to get your hands on the CM2 installer that worked on 060?

I can remember leeching the 1st installer, but I had an A4000/060 back then. I was really hanging out for the 2nd installer, but I never came across it on the boards or on IRC. I just presumed that you never got around to doing the 2nd installer.

Beavis didn't include any CM2 installers on his 5th and final CD compilation (although CM 2 was on there), which is surprising given he released the CD several months after you cracked CM2.
I did do a second version that was released as the first version was a nightmare to use, but was unavoidable as there was a hard to trace bug that refused to give back all of chip ram.

I included a ripper so you could rip your save disks, and it also worked on o4o/o6o.

Its all on one of the A4ooo hard drives, just got to piece them all together to get it extracted.
Old 18 November 2003, 01:22   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

It's a very big bloody pity that CD burners and blank media cost an arm and a leg back then coz I lost a heap of stuff that I'd leeched off the boards and IRC as a result of HDs dying. CD compilations such as the Beavis CDs and the Util Vault CDs took some of the pain out of such losses, but they couldn't make up for everything. I still have about 2Gb of stuff on jaz and zip disks from that time, so I'll have a look for the 2nd CM2 installer. Like I said, I can't remember leeching it, but you just never know your luck!
Old 20 January 2007, 13:59   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Galahad
Just revisiting this old thread as today I came across your CM2 installer for 020-060 machines. In the readme of the archive you talk about releasing a 3rd installer - CM2 Turbo - that would give further speed increases. Out of curiosity, did you ever make a start on this one?
Old 20 January 2007, 14:12   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
@Galahad
Just revisiting this old thread as today I came across your CM2 installer for 020-060 machines. In the readme of the archive you talk about releasing a 3rd installer - CM2 Turbo - that would give further speed increases. Out of curiosity, did you ever make a start on this one?

I got part way through it, but lots of bugs to fix at the time, it was roughly twice as fast as standard.

I'd love the 2nd version if you still have it
Old 20 January 2007, 14:52   #7
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Pity you didn't finish it as doubling the speed of the game would have been a very neat trick, especially back in 1998. C'est la vie! Anyway, the 2nd installer is in the Zone for your nostalgic pleasure.....
Old 14 May 2007, 10:23   #8
meckert

Hey, I've just dug up this thread ... can you guys reupload or e-mail me the 2nd installer, I've been looking for it of some time now ...
Old 14 May 2007, 13:30   #9
DamienD
Banned

Hello meckert,

Welcome to EAB

Take a look in The Zone!
Old 14 May 2007, 13:35   #10
seuden
uber cool demi god

Excellent, i think i'll grab it also, thanks DamienD.

Edit: Thanks to Galahad/FLT also.
Old 14 May 2007, 15:55   #11
meckert

Cool, thanx :-)
Old 14 May 2007, 18:54   #12
meckert

Tested and working :-) damn slow ofkoz ... some time ago Galahad was making w WHDLoad for this ... any update on that ? CM2 went missing from whdload.de .... also there's a mention in the readme that Galahad was planning to make a Turbo version ... make the game actually playable :-) what happened ?

edit: well i did some transfers, made the tacticc right and pressed advance. when the date chacged from 1st to 2nd the game freezes - the ball stops spinning, and you can't move the cursor ... it's like that for half an hour so i'm sure it crashed. i have an 1200 with blizzard 040/40 and 3.1 roms

Last edited by meckert; 14 May 2007 at 19:35.