English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 05 August 2019, 20:16   #881
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
That's something that I have been wondering too.

I remember that at the end of 2017/beginning 2018 he posted in the off-topic section about issues at his current work.
It seems he didn't post on EAB after (he last logged in February 2018).
The most recent video on his You is from March 2018.

I had asked mailman via PM if he had some info. He told me he didn't and to maybe see with members from TheCompany. Maybe Shoonay or someone else will see these posts and have information.
Old 06 August 2019, 18:54   #882
andyhants

+ 1 on the above last couple of posts. Really used to enjoy S2325's on-going 'tour' of PD Games. Real shame when it appeared to come to an end.

Hope the chap (or chapess) is ok but for what its worth would really love to see this back as a regular EAB Forum fixture.
Old 03 January 2022, 01:11   #883
qupe

I have just uploaded to the zone the adf for Creepy Crawlies (version 2.0) from Aminet. DamienD kindly created the adf for me.

I think it's a highly polished Centipede clone - it has 100 levels apparently (I need practice)

Some footage

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 March 2022, 22:07   #884
qupe

Added a load of games recently here are the ones from the last few days.

Shoot-Out from Farus Software - A mouse controlled Operation Wolf style game
[ Show youtube player ]

Shoot Out from Frank Otto - Collect the gems, avoid the enemy fire
[ Show youtube player ]

Speedtris from Polygon Software - Tetris game
[ Show youtube player ]

Shivering Sheep - played so you don't have too as it's very limited (sorry to the develpor)
[ Show youtube player ]

Spelltris from Gerry Quinn - Try and create words from the falling letters. Can be quite relaxing
[ Show youtube player ]

Silverblade from James Hall - Helicopter shoot 'em up
[ Show youtube player ]

Tubes v1.6 from Chris Hodges - Pipemania clone with some extras
[ Show youtube player ]

Shapez from NC Gamez - Block Puzzle game
[ Show youtube player ] - complete playthrough

Hit Tiles 2 Special Edition Registered from Hitman (Luca Ciccotelli)- Shanghai/Mahjongg game
[ Show youtube player ]

Colours from Carsten MagerKurth - Zoop style game
[ Show youtube player ]

nIbLIT from Marzio De Biasi - unregistered snake clone (does anyone have the registered version?
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 March 2022, 21:49   #885
qupe

Spin Brix from Spunout Software - Tetris Clone, a few modes and a remix of Out of Space from Prodigy
[ Show youtube player ]

Slide It from Only Games - Puzznic style puzzle game. Nice game if you like puzzle games. There is a sequel I need to play.
[ Show youtube player ]

I don't know if people would like me to continue posting these or not. I may duplicate the odd game from S2325.

If you do, do you mind SEUCK games too?
Old 15 March 2022, 22:04   #886
qupe

Silverblade from Mirrorman Designs - basic shoot 'em up
[ Show youtube player ]

Superballz from David Reed - nice Marble Madness clone with a level editior but the game crashed after level 7 due to maps 8 & 9 missing.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 March 2022, 22:59   #887
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
I don't know if people would like me to continue posting these or not. I may duplicate the odd game from S2325.

If these are old games which aren't available in the usual sources (TOSEC etc) then yes, please.
Old 15 March 2022, 23:29   #888
andyhants

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Spin Brix from Spunout Software - Tetris Clone, a few modes and a remix of Out of Space from Prodigy
[ Show youtube player ]

Slide It from Only Games - Puzznic style puzzle game. Nice game if you like puzzle games. There is a sequel I need to play.
[ Show youtube player ]

Yes great idea I’m all for rejuvenating this thread
Old 19 March 2022, 00:26   #889
qupe

Bubblestones 2 from Guy Masonnave - Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-move clone (I know this has been covered but recently someone asked about Puzzle Bobble clones)
[ Show youtube player ]

Bug! from Asa Margetts - very short and easy dizzy style adventure game. So much so I think the loading and startup screens felt longer than the actual game!!!!
[ Show youtube player ] - I have cut some of the black loading screens in this full playthrough....
Old 19 March 2022, 09:04   #890
hitm4n

Hi Qupe, i'm enjoying this thread too. Giving me ideas for games to add to my update pack. Superballz looks great, shame it crashes. I've also noted down nIBbLIT, Colours and Shoot Out (Otto version). If anyone does have working versions or full versions of some of these please throw them in the mix

Qupe, you mentioned "Added a load of games recently here are the ones from the last few days." Where are you adding these, just your own collection? Would you mind me adding to my unofficial pack?
Old 19 March 2022, 10:28   #891
qupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
Hi Qupe, i'm enjoying this thread too. Giving me ideas for games to add to my update pack. Superballz looks great, shame it crashes. I've also noted down nIBbLIT, Colours and Shoot Out (Otto version). If anyone does have working versions or full versions of some of these please throw them in the mix

Qupe, you mentioned "Added a load of games recently here are the ones from the last few days." Where are you adding these, just your own collection? Would you mind me adding to my unofficial pack?
I may see if I can create some level maps for Superballz as it is very short as it is anyway, even if the other 2 maps were there.

Colours and Shoot Out (otto version) are the full versions? Both are on Aminet.

I have a few playlists on my channel but one is Amiga PD/Shareware and there are currently 120 (1 is an updated version tho) games in there, alphabetically. I could post all the videos here if will benefit.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...H3gNkEOdryqbXm

I then have another playlist which is 'the search for the full version' as there are a few PD games I can only find unregistered versions.

Please add what you like to your packs, we all have our own preferences, setups etc. As some my know I use FSUAE as my main emulator but do own Amiga's and will do a little video on my collection at some point
Old 19 March 2022, 17:11   #892
qupe

Funtris from Xact - Single player Tetris with some different mechanics. A little slow paced and it crashed when I went to enter my name at the end.
[ Show youtube player ]

Funtris from Pais Laaksonen (Registered Version) - 2-4 player Tetris (CPU or players). No sound or music but you can add your own music
[ Show youtube player ]

AHextris from Ives Aerts - Tetris with Hexagons and harder to place shapes. Game has no sound
[ Show youtube player ]

Ricochet v2.0 from Martin Longstaff - Table Tennis/Pong game
[ Show youtube player ]

Rush Hour from Andreas Spreen - Control the traffic (sorry I was experimenting with an overlay here)
[ Show youtube player ]

Phantom from Andrew Lunn - Defender clone - decent game
[ Show youtube player ]

Numerix from Gary Brown - Place Tetris shapes on a board ala scrabble and try and outscore your opponent
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by qupe; 13 April 2022 at 23:19.
Old 20 March 2022, 10:58   #893
qupe

Fred the Frog from Robert W Benjamin - catch the insects move on. Die once, restart all
[ Show youtube player ]

Fruit Panic from Jose Angel Calvo - Collect the fruit avoid the ghosts but on platforms
[ Show youtube player ]

Fracas registered version from Casco/John Smith - Mech Fighter game, nicely presented
[ Show youtube player ]

Full Speed from the Software Agency - like the old LCD games drive fast avoid the other vehicles
[ Show youtube player ]

This one I am trying to email the author as I can only find a demo

Conundrum 2 from Pete W Storonskij - Connect the numbers a bit like Atomino
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 March 2022, 00:00   #894
qupe

Colors from Keith Johnson - Columns clone but can only rotate the blocks and not cycle through them
[ Show youtube player ]

Color 'n' Mind from Oliver Michel - blatant Gem'x clone
[ Show youtube player ]

Colorix from Ventzislav Tzvetkov - another Columns clone has no sound
[ Show youtube player ]

and this is an unregistered game but not sure how limited it is.

Colours Professional from Carsten Magerkurth - The Zoop clone with major updates, a campaign mode, new 1 player game and 2 player via serial link
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 March 2022, 21:44   #895
qupe

Code Name Nano from Malcolm Lavery - cross between space taxt and thrust
[ Show youtube player ]

Mouth-man from M J Barker - Pac-man clone
[ Show youtube player ]

Cognition from Team Hoi Productions - Puzzle game, turn the gears to get the colours to match
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 March 2022, 15:00   #896
hitm4n

Code Name Nano looks very cool. Must have that one.
Old 03 April 2022, 11:51   #897
qupe

Bounce from Ben Wyatt - bounce around the levels to the exit, collect diamonds if you wish
[ Show youtube player ]

Cantaloupe from Dave Schofield full version - nice puzzle game based on the C64 game Sensitive. Has a level editor
[ Show youtube player ]

Captain Bonus in Another World from Simon Read - Another World style game that I believe no part 2 ever happened - This is a complete playthrough of what was released.
[ Show youtube player ]

Captain Carnage - Alien Exterminator from Dan Reynolds - Alien Breed style action/explore game
[ Show youtube player ]

Cardz from Paul Morley - Klondike game. A NON AGA version of Klondike Deluxe as explained in the read me.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 April 2022, 16:32   #898
qupe

Cybertech Corporation Amiga Format Competition Version - Alien Breed style game that unfortunately was never finished as Peter found out here - https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50654
[ Show youtube player ]

Viper from Steve Winkler - SEUCK game
[ Show youtube player ]

Tritus from Davin Pearson - competitive 3 player Tetris (I know this has probably been covered) - The developer has released the registered version on Aminet but is version 2.41 and not 2.43 (which is in DamienD's pack)
[ Show youtube player ]

Star Buster from Hayrettin Yildiz - Breakout/Arkanoid clone
[ Show youtube player ]

Tittris v0.5b from Dawnbringer - puzzle game
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 April 2022, 21:16   #899
qupe

Tank Attack from Culture - Multiplayer game from the people who made Xenomorphs
[ Show youtube player ]

Hungry Harry from Artware - surprisingly decent Pac-man clone
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 April 2022, 23:30   #900
qupe

I've tested and played quite a few games the last few days, some are not the best to be fair, but this one I think from Andreas Lunn is worth a look.

Rebellion - Shmup (reminds me a little of Photon Storm)
[ Show youtube player ]

the other game, it is posted above, from the same developer is Phantom which I also think is worth a look [ Show youtube player ] - That one is a decent defender clone.