English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 10 November 2019, 11:26   #1
Copeland

Looking for: Das Amiga Profi Buch by Garry Glendown and Roland Haas"

Hi,

I'm looking for the book "Das Amiga Profi Buch by Garry Glendown and Roland Haas".It was distributed by Sybex,And an English version might exist, but I'm not aware of one.
I have been looking for a pdf version, since it is (obviously) no longer for sale, and I can't find one on eBay.
I do have the accompanying diskette, if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance,

Copeland
Old 09 June 2021, 07:23   #2
Garry_G

better late than never ...

I doubt there is a copy around in PDF format - unless someone took it upon himself/herself to actually scan the complete book ... considering the time the book was written, I'm not sure PDF even existed yet at the time of print, I at least never saw a proof copy before I received the actual book. We just handed in plain text files and accompanying files, so neither Roland nor me have anything that could be released even if we were allowed to ...
I've seen a copy of it sold on ebay every now and then ... sadly, it came pretty late (too late, some may argue) in the lifetime of the Amiga, so sales weren't as good as everybody involved hoped ...
Old 29 August 2022, 14:25   #3
Garry_G

Quick update: Looks like the operator of the website kultmags.com is trying to get this up on his site - according to the publisher Sybex, rights were returned to the authors (which I wasn't aware of). I was asked for permission to publish the book on the site, which I agreed to, but of course Roland also has to agree ... he managed to locate him already and contacted him ...

Last edited by Garry_G; 29 August 2022 at 14:47.