English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR contributions

Old 10 February 2009, 20:10   #1
kyrian

10 or so AUI coverdisk ADZ images available.

Hiya,

Hopefully my bloody internet link will stay up long enough to post this...

Firstly thanks to all the other AMR contributors for allowing me to get images of so many of my other coverdisks.

Anyway, since I was resurrecting my Amiga, for a few known reasons and a number of others I haven't quite nailed down yet, I have imaged the following AUI coverdisks I had, and then came back later (editing this msg, after scanning in the JPG's, while waiting for BT to come and fix my damn phone line) adding JPEG's.

Here's the list of JPG scans and ADZ images I have from the aforementioned after scanning in the NDOS ones too.

amiga_user_intl/superdisk_102_mar_1997.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_101_mar_1997.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_101_mar_1997.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_75_feb_1996.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_75_feb_1996.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_74_jan_1996.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_73_jan_1996.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_73_jan_1996.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_70_nov_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_69_nov_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_69_nov_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_68_oct_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_67_oct_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_67_oct_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_66_sep_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_65_sep_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_65_sep_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_64_aug_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_63_aug_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_63_aug_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_60_jun_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_59_jun_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_59_jun_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_54_mar_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_53_mar_1995.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_53_mar_1995.adz
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_44_oct_1994.jpg
amiga_user_intl/superdisk_44_oct_1994.adz
amiga_computing/july_1997.jpg
amiga_computing/july_1997.adz

Done with transdisk on the amiga, and Linux gzip after copying them accross to there, and the JPEG's are 300dpi, and straight ish, give or take a few degrees, scanned on Linux, although that's probably irrelevant for JPEG's.

The hard parts of the process have been:

- X-Surf / MiamiDX TCP stack seems really flakey, and my PowerFlyer Z-IV isn't working at all, so that being the case I figured it (my slightly strange method) was the best way. If anyone can help with stabilising/fixing/etc either bit of kit (all combined into an A1200 tower case, via Elbox Zorro bus board ["power tower" I think?]), I'd appreciate it greatly.

- I have the second disks to go with them for the most part, but I do not know how to image non-amigados files for AMR, although I can extract them to separate disks I suppose and image those. What do the AMR folks prefer/want?

Further, given that my 2nd-baddie-from-the-end Knightmare save disk (among many others) is also non-amigados, and hence I can't get it onto my regular linux box to emulate, I'm very interested in knowing how to image non-amigados disks, if anyone can help??? DMS did not seem to like it?

Either way, like many others, I don't know where I should email, or upload them. I can put them on a public website temporarily if that is the best way?

HTH, HAND, etc.

K.

Last edited by kyrian; 11 February 2009 at 14:56. Reason: update / duplication / clarification / etc.
Old 12 February 2009, 17:28   #2
hit

hi & welcome,

i'm not into collecting them, but thanks preserving them
you can upload them on Magix ftp:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38697

create a sub-folder in /User/ (with your name if you like) and place them there, for example

Edit: if you cant DMS a disk, it might possible it has some kind of protection on it. there is a hardware-solution on its way, to enable us, creating images from protected amiga disks. ( http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40959 ).

there are some other disk imaging tools (forgot their names - maybe warp* ) which can make images of some protected disks, IIRC. but maybe someone else can answer this

Last edited by hit; 12 February 2009 at 17:34.
Old 13 February 2009, 00:15   #3
kyrian

Uploading...

Hi,

I'm uploading these as I write this. Should be done soon...

I'd like to hear from anyone about the best ways to copy the missing NDOS disks, as well as of course my game saves.

More pressingly for me, though, and more annoyingly, I need to work out why my PowerFlyer/FastATA-ZIV is incompatible with everything else in my amiga.

I suppose I could image the covermount CD's from AF etc that I have under linux since that would work, but still, doing it on a native amiga would just feel better.

I'll open a thread in the right section about that though.

K.
Old 13 February 2009, 00:16   #4
exoticaga

For magazine disks it's better to put them into coverdisks directory on magix. All coverdisks in one place are easy for all to find.

I'll have a lookaround to see if i can add some there with yours.

I'll up the ones that are not on your list above. Try ADF normal and extended images of the disks you have it should work. I'm sure i converted them to adf from diskSqueeze will replace for adf versions later. The ones i up are compressed with DiskSqueeze. Aminet has a few ADF utilities to choose from. Ask on the forum which tool others like to .adf image their disks with. disk one is ok with standard adf image, while superdisk #2 is done with an extended adf image.

Kyrian have a llok here at the magix ftp thread, my post and discussion for this is now there.

Also have asked someone there to move your files to correct location on magix ftp. Making it easier for everyone to find them.

Last edited by exoticaga; 13 February 2009 at 03:22.
Old 18 February 2009, 12:13   #5
kyrian

Doh.

I was following this instruction "create a sub-folder in /User/ (with your name if you like) and place them there, for example" from the above...

Don't shoot me, I'm just a newbie 'round here. ;-)

Shame I didn't come across AMR a few months sooner, though, coz I'd thrown out a 1-2 foot high pile of physical amiga mags a few months before I found out about it, only keeping the coverdisks

K.