English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 April 2011, 08:43   #1
how

CD32 Input Issue - Perhaps !

Hi all

Im just trying to get CD32 emulation for game Zool 2 working with my Laptop or and PC

Game boots fine but annoyingly when the game screen says press fire to start...nothing happens.

Ive tried both USB mouse, ALPs, remote USB Keyboard, local laptop keyboard...HID keyboard.
All device inputs appear to work in 'Test' but when it comes to the game nothing happens.

Anyone had a similar issue? or could help...most appreciated if I can get this working.

Running 2.3.1
Should I try the beta ?

TIA
Old 10 April 2011, 11:16   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I think you have to press GREEN not RED/FIRE
Old 10 April 2011, 14:49   #3
how

Yeah I should have mentioned..Ive tried every single button available including for green but no go...anyone running or have run Zool2 on a laptop before?

Im thinking perhaps I just try the beta and see if any improvement

Just tried 2b3
its working however....I dont think its a beta improvement...this time I set and mapped both port 1 and port 2 (I had only been trying port 1) set in the 'Game Port'....and it worked...(it is indeed the Green button) with Zool.

Working fine now..one problem left no music cept for the title music is working ...any help with that also appreciated....do I need any sound add ons ?

TIA

Ok lol..Ive got the music playing ! I went into 'Misc settings' and enabled 'SPTI' only under 'SCSI and CD/DVD settings'

However the music is a bit choppy and speeds up and then slows...anyone know of a way to improve it ?

Thanks again...almost there !

Last edited by TCD; 10 April 2011 at 15:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 10 April 2011, 15:15   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

What kind of CD drive? Currently CD32/CDTV CDA support requires drive that has good digital audio streaming capability. (Most modern drives should be, at least in theory..)
Old 17 April 2011, 13:54   #5
how

Hi Toni

Apologies for my late reply to your question.

I was using an ISO for Zool 2.....I tried also Lil Divil game and the music was fine.

Thanks so much for your amazing efforts with the WinUAE emulator and of course for including CD32 support !
Old 17 April 2011, 15:29   #6
gehtjanx
Banned

Hello,

For the input: You'll need a joypad or maybe emulate keyboard controller that has enough buttons. You can assign the buttons on the input menu as far as I know. Maybe make a "quick start" with CD32 options pre-configured in WinUAE main window. Oh, edit, and original CD32 controllers will not work also with usb adapter, as the have a special protocol that seems not supported (also need more pins)!

EDIT: OK Isee, music problem solved, here was my poost:
For the music, you have to connect the audio out from your CD to your speakers (or audio output of PC). The Music you hear is from the amiga (Paula), the rest should come from audio CD. A new WinUAE emulator should be supporting aybe also audio without connection cable. Not sure about that, but I read something and just have a look at the options.

gehtjanx

Last edited by gehtjanx; 17 April 2011 at 15:31. Reason: msuic
Old 17 April 2011, 17:07   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtjanx View Post
Maybe make a "quick start" with CD32 options pre-configured in WinUAE main window.
In WinUAE 2.3.1 if you choose the CD32 quickstart the CD32 buttons are automatically assigned.
Old 17 April 2011, 21:34   #8
gehtjanx
Banned

yes, that's what I said / wanted to say. Sry, I have an older version if WinUAE and currently the Amiga Data Files are not on my HDD. So currently I didn't had a look at the exact names and functions. Just remember that so he can try it out.

gehtjanx
Old 17 April 2011, 21:41   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, if the issue is already sorted, why post some non-confirmed 'might-be-like-that' comments? Maybe you haven't read the whole thread?