English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 January 2023, 20:15   #1
hceline

Question about WinUAE virtual mouse driver.

I'm wondering, how far up the input stack does the "virtual mouse driver" sit.
Is it so far up at it could have something to do with the behavior described in the last part of this post?
The reason I am asking:
I made a input recording with RudeTaper (http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/RudeTaper) of the behavior described in the first part. The i restarted WinUAE and turned off the "virtual mouse driver", before running the replay in a loop.
This was almost 9 hours ago, and the loop is is still running, without triggering the lockup described in the last part of the other post.

I see three options.
1. My recording does not contain the exact input to trigger the lockup. It might be dependent on what window I click in when entering WinUAE again. Also the recording contains only the inputs left-button down/up and scroll-wheel down/up.
2. RudeTaper inserts it's replay to far up the chain to trigger the lockup.
3. The lockup happening is dependent on WinUAE "virtual mouse driver" being loaded.

-Hagbard Celine

Last edited by hceline; 02 January 2023 at 20:17. Reason: Forgot to insert link to post referred.
Old 03 January 2023, 15:44   #2
hceline

After running the same replay with "virtual mouse driver" enabled for 17 hours without the lockup manifesting. I can conclude that of my three options, al-least option 1 and/or 2 are at play.
I got no indication that this is WinUAE related. But since I can not reproduce it without physical input and the "virtual mouse driver" enabled, I got no proof that it isn't either.
If this(this being what window gets the Scroll-Wheel messages) is something "virtual mouse driver" and/or "magic mouse" can not possibly affect, please chime in so I can rule out WinUAE.
Old 03 January 2023, 19:45   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceline View Post
I'm wondering, how far up the input stack does the "virtual mouse driver" sit
It is Amiga side task that uses input.device IND_WRITEEVENT to inject IECLASS_POINTERPOS events. Should be the legal and correct way to do it.
Old 03 January 2023, 20:21   #4
hceline

Thank you.
And I assume "magic mouse" does nothing more than watch the pointer position to know when to untrap the mouse.
Is this correct?
Old 03 January 2023, 20:48   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceline View Post
Thank you.
And I assume "magic mouse" does nothing more than watch the pointer position to know when to untrap the mouse.
Is this correct?
Yes. It is fully "passive" operation from Amiga side point of view.