English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 July 2006, 18:01   #1
pbareges

SCUMMAGA 0.2.0 for VANILLA AGA LOW CONFIGS...

Hi there!!
nogfx last scummvm aga (0.2.0) was buggy because of ixemul/fseek (he patched it in further non AGA versions). fseek was returning end-of-file instead of previous-pos when fseeking over end-of-file...i patched it and compiled ixemul 48.2 again for 68020-soft only(source included in zoned package to compile it again for other cpu/bases configs)...now it works!!!
you can enjoy full versions of dott and sam'n'max on your light (ie non expanded) miggys at really good speed !!!
OK no sound and no music....but if your cpu can afford adlib emulation, he can afford scummvm aga last release (which is very slow on light miggys...)..
for os3.0 users like me, to make it work use systempatch instead of blazewcp...
have a nice one!!!
philippe.
PS: if ixemul developppers are visiting EAB, please note that last ixemul release for 68k (49.17) doesn`t solve this bug...as lots of bugs were reported in versions after 48.2 so i preferred to start from 48.2.
Old 08 August 2006, 22:16   #2
pbareges

well, given the feedback i guess you guys have big configs that already gave you the ability to enjoy full sam'n'max version on your miggy!!

for the ones interested, starting from nogfx scummaga 0.38.2 code (meaning version able to play day of the tentacle to the end), i forced fast mode and replaced the soundengine by a modplayer (based on aminet ptreplay library). i then managed to convert 97 out of the 102 dott general midi files to modules thanks to ptmid and gmplay sample bank (the 5 missings are skipped by the sound engine and were only sound effects).

if anyone interested by what could be the most advanced day of the tentacle version for non expanded amigas, let me know - i'll post it to the zone...

also if any talented musician is willing to improve the conversion of midi files, he is more than welcome.

cheers!!
Old 08 August 2006, 22:39   #3
kriz

Please post it pbarges

will test this for sure ...