English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 October 2004, 17:25   #1
Mœbius

Arrow Saving

(spot the n00b )
i recently discovered the S.E.U.C.K image. (I bought this twice, back in the day)
In any case, I was that bored that I started messing about in it again... but unfortunately I have no clue how to go about saving in WinUAE.

I have the standard path for 'saveimage' but when I saved in S.E.U.C.K nothing appeared in that folder.... any ideas?
Old 27 October 2004, 21:07   #2
Mœbius

I'm actually trying to save game data.
(also i have no floppy drives)
Old 28 October 2004, 09:46   #3
Mœbius

ohhh k. I know I hinted that I was a bit of a newbie - but come on.
I hope this isn't gunna take a screenshot and a digicam pic to make you realise that I am quite sane enough to know whether or not I have a floppy drive installed and whether or not I am using WinUAE.
So unless my flatmate has dropped some acid into my coffee and I'm hallucinating - I don't have a floppy installed - and still don't know how to save correctly.
Old 28 October 2004, 09:51   #4
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Mœbius, it sounds like you're getting confused between your WinUAE virtual Amiga, and the actual hardware of your PC. A WinUAE configuration can have up to four virtual floppy drives, even if your PC physically has none. You can add virtual floppy drives to your WinUAE config from the "Floppy Drives" tab, just select "3.5 DD" in up to four of the slots. The .ADF disk images that you load into WinUAE from your PC are the virtual floppy disks. Any load or save actions within the WinUAE Amiga environment are performed on these .ADF images, and any file operations within a game or application (such as saving game data in SEUCK) are accessed in exactly the same way as with a real Amiga (ie. from the file menu within the application or game, or from the game menu). Also, if on a real Amiga a game or application uses a separate floppy disk for saved files, then to emulate this with WinUAE you create a blank disk using the WinUAE interface on the PC side, and then "load" it into one of the floppy drive slots so that the game can access it on the Amiga side. Don't think of it in terms of PC hardware.

[EDIT]

Quote:
ohhh k. I know I hinted that I was a bit of a newbie - but come on.
You'll find that members of Amiga.org and Amigaworld.net are much nicer! I don't come here much anymore, mainly because of the elitist atitude of a lot of the members here. I only come here to check the prb.WinUAE forum because it's where Toni Wilen (WinUAE author) seems to hang out and answer people's questions.

Last edited by StevenJGore; 28 October 2004 at 10:00.
Old 28 October 2004, 10:02   #5
Mœbius

Thanks, I've just made my virtual floppy and managed to save in SEUCK.
I don't think I was that confused with my software and hardware ... it was just that from Kodoichi's posts it sounded like he was saying that I should save to a physical floppy... which upon reading his post again he never expressly said.

Quote:
You'll find that members of Amiga.org and Amigaworld.net are much nicer! I don't come here much anymore, mainly because of the elitist atitude of a lot of the members here. I only come here to check the prb.WinUAE forum because it's where Toni Wilen (WinUAE author) seems to hang out and answer people's questions.
Sweet - and your help is greatly appreciated. I would say though, that on the whole - till now - I haven't really noticed too much elitistry . Mind I am very new to the board... but up to know people have been quite friendly.
Well... cheers to mister Wilen then, for an excellent proggie - if he happens to read this