English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 October 2021, 18:04   #1
Mclane
Old retro god.

Point / Bilinear not working for me now..

Used to work but since the 4.0 beta's it seems to have stopped..

I'm using the very latest beta, I have asked Toni if it was turned off while he's been working on rebuilding the core but he says its working so it must be my setup.

I deleted both the reg key and the default.uae and still it allows me to enable it but has no effect..

Any idea's, all drivers are up to date on my Geforce 750ti, DirectX is installed. Its all on Win 7 X64...

Help!

I like the slightly blurred Bilinear look
Old 03 October 2021, 21:57   #2
thomas

On the top right of the filters page you can select native or RTG. You have to enable Point/Bilinear for each individially.
Old 04 October 2021, 11:23   #3
Mclane
Old retro god.

Hi Thomas, did that already...

I've tried individual settings for RTG, Native, Directx9, DirectX11, all just look like point with Bilinear enabled..

Very weird, used to work...

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.....Not the end of the world, it's just that I like the effect..

Paul..
Old 04 October 2021, 12:04   #4
rutra80

Isn't there something forced in your video drivers?
Or something incompatible in your WinUAE graphics/filter settings?
Did you actually try some old version to confirm that it is still ok there?
Old 04 October 2021, 12:15   #5
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
all just look like point with Bilinear enabled..
Now I'm confused. In your first post you said you want it to be enabled but it does not work, now you say all settings look like it's enabled. Isn't that your goal?

However, if you want to disable it, I think you have to install DirectX redistributable. Because without DirectX WinUAE falls back to DirectDraw and DD always interpolates. DirectX 9 is not part of Windows and always has to be installed. DirectX 11 only comes with Win 10 and above IIRC and in Win 7 you have to install it seperately.
Old 04 October 2021, 14:32   #6
Mclane
Old retro god.

Oops, no I didn't intend to make it sound like its working, it isn't, if I set the point / bilinear to 1 (the right) nothing changes in the display, it just looks like point whatever I do..

And yes I installed the last version when I rebuilt my machine a while back and I have ran the built in test mode and it says it's fine.

I may well try and old version, thanks for the tip...Also will look at my Nvida settings to see if its been turned off by accident..

So to be clear, I can't get bilinear to actually work, I can enable the slider but it does nothing to the display..

EDIT: Just tried an older version and still the same..No Bilinear... I have a feeling I need to do a machine reset, start from scratch, I do this every few months to get rid of the stuff that never gets uninstalled etc etc..

Will post back once its done to let people know if that solved it...

Thanks for the help people.. PS, reset the Nvidia control panel settings to default and nothing changed..

Last edited by Mclane; 04 October 2021 at 14:41.
Old 05 October 2021, 12:51   #7
Mclane
Old retro god.

Well I changed OS to Win 10, complete format and re install and its still the same, but I tried another emulator with point and bilinear settings and they work fine, it seems to be just Winuae..

Oh well, I'll just use scanlines or something..
Old 05 October 2021, 15:10   #8
guest.r

Bilinear filtering can't do the blurring effect (only more even looking pixels) in some situations. For this, the resolution multiplier should be a lower value, lo-res and single line mode also produce a blurrier image.
Old 05 October 2021, 15:51   #9
Mclane
Old retro god.

Ah, thanks for the tip