AOxygen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Those are not my words

Please read the first two posts in this thread and then specifically these

... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=299
... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=381
Ahaaa okay! Thanks for the heads up
You should maybe take it as a big compliment this is being shared out there, because it means people like it and enjoy it
You certainly get a big compliment from me!
Old 28 February 2018, 22:12   #482
DamienD
Banned

Yes, it's a compliment

...but, not very happy when lamers call me a "criminal" for trying to use this to kickstart something good in the Amiga community and then give all the money back
Old 28 February 2018, 22:18   #483
AOxygen

Quote:
Yes, it's a compliment

...but, not very happy when lamers call me a "criminal" for trying to use this to kickstart something good in the Amiga community and then give all the money back
Maybe it's because of the need to donate (which i can totally understand for the work you put into this!)

I just think maybe it's that other collections out there are free, and this one requires payment.
Old 28 February 2018, 22:22   #484
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOxygen View Post
Maybe it's because of the need to donate (which i can totally understand for the work you put into this!)
Well, I say that but...

I'm a very generous / sharing person; 600 people or so got this for free. As mentioned in the previous posts; any EAB members who joined more than 6 month ago can still have this for free

...but if people just join up to grab this, send me a nice PM saying thank you / appreciate, tell me their story etc. then I usually send them the URLs anyway and suggest that they can donate if they feel it's worth it

Obviously I don't for loosers who say "Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!", and trust me I've had many of these type of PMs

Quote:
I just think maybe it's that other collections out there are free, and this one requires payment.
I'm not forcing anyone to use my collection; if this is a problem for people then why don't you just use the free ones i.e. like "Gamebase Amiga" that my good friend Belgarath created and I assisted with when I could?

Last edited by DamienD; 28 February 2018 at 22:30.
Old 28 February 2018, 22:26   #485
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Hello! I hope this is the right forum for this. I have discovered a torrent on a website and the description linked me to here. The torrent's name was <snip> and i found it on <snip>, a public torrent site. Here is a screenshot of it:

<snip>

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there, but even though it says 0 seeders, i personally see 3 seeders and i get good speed! I just wanted to tell you how grateful i am for this collection! I really like it, good job!

Greetings from Lithuania!

AOxygen.
This is such a shame.

DamienD's WinUAE Collection does not share anything with others that can't be found readily with our favourite online search engine, except Damien's own hard work, and the original links were not shared publicly.

The fruits of Damien's labour were originally meant to be shared freely with established members of EAB who would appreciate the considerable effort that went into this project.

In addition, it soon became possible for others to share the experience upon payment of a small contribution to support those who, by their efforts, much like Damien, are helping to keep the Amiga Scene thriving, as opposed to those who are only interested in freeloading, and whose utter disregard will, I imagine, kill it off eventually.
Old 28 February 2018, 22:29   #486
AOxygen

Quote:
I'm not forcing anyone to use my collection; if this is a problem for people then why don't you just use the free ones i.e. like Gamebase Amiga that my good friend Belgarath created and I assisted with when I could?
Oh absolutely! Perhaps for those "rude" people it's about the ethics of selling something that should be free from the start.

I completely understand you wanting to help this board and the WinUAE developer, and perhaps those people do, too, just they see it differently because of the "payment wall".
Old 28 February 2018, 22:36   #487
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Oh absolutely! Perhaps for those "rude" people it's about the ethics of selling something that should be free from the start.

I completely understand you wanting to help this board and the WinUAE developer, and perhaps those people do, too, just they see it differently because of the "payment wall".
Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from spending over a decade trying to even come close to what I've achieved...

Besides putting everything together, working out verified / 100% working files from the TOSEC nightmare... I've also had to teach myself new skills; some of those "[AmigaCD] --> .HDFs" took me days to perfect.

All I'm asking is for £20 (the price of a takeaway in London) for my time involved and as mentioned numerous times; this has already and will continue to go back into the Amiga community that I love and have been part of for eons.

If people have an issue with the above. FUCK 'EM!!! and it's really simple; don't grab my collection
Old 28 February 2018, 22:37   #488
Amiga1992

I know DamienD is fed up with all this shit, understandably, but in the end what's happening here is damaging for every side, so here's an idea:

How about the collection takes the shape of distributing just the screenshot and config files? Yes, it won't be "download and play", because you'd have to get the games from elsewhere (anybody can do this if they aren't lazy) and point configs to the right paths, but come on, the dude here has done a shit ton of work, you can't do any on your own? And then any claim for donations to be "illegitimate" is well beyond moot.

I would go as far as including every ADF/HDF he has created through the years, which he has fixed from HD installs, CD installs and whatnot. But if it becomes mucky, whatever, it's people's job to find them.

Just my two cents to try to construct instead of destroying. There's too much destruction going on, we must protect creation and the builders of it!

At least DamienD you can get comfort in knowing how many people appreciate you sharing this and the work you put in it. I made that Gotek collection some months ago and not many gave a shit, so I just lost interest :P Well basically that happens to me and every project I have, PT-1210 is also not a huge interest generation. At least I haven't gotten any fuck to call me a "criminal " over it
Old 28 February 2018, 22:44   #489
AOxygen

Or perhaps, just perhaps, make the collection free (as it already is out there), but strongly suggest and ask for donations to keep this forum and the work you do alive! Kind of coating it with sugar, you know

Maybe that way you actually get more "likes" and soothe your way with those who hate what you currently do!
Old 28 February 2018, 22:49   #490
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Or perhaps, just perhaps, make the collection free (as it already is out there), but strongly suggest and ask for donations to keep this forum and the work you do alive! Kind of coating it with sugar, you know

Maybe that way you actually get more "likes" and soothe your way with those who hate what you currently do!
That's exactly how I started off... 700 people now have this directly from me.

Total donations; just over £300 pounds... massive hey; less than 50 pence per person?

...but I don't care for or need money and that isn't why I created this project back in 2005... it was for myself and I'm very proud of what I've achieved.

Asking for a small donation is so that I can give everything back to the Amiga community

Unfortunately though; people always want everything for free no matter how much work somebody puts in...

...and as I've already mentioned numerous times, any EAB members who joined more than 6 month ago gets my collection without question; these are my brothers / sisters and people who really understand the work I do in the Amiga community. Otherwise a small donation is asked for; not really a big deal is it and as you've said yourself:

Quote:
I just wanted to tell you how grateful i am for this collection! I really like it, good job!
Quote:
(which i can totally understand for the work you put into this!)
Again, I'm trying to use my project to kickstart something good in the Amiga community and hopefully help it flourish.

Just look at some of the new game development threads on EAB / other popular Amiga forums where the authors are struggling

These are the talented / special people who are still devoting their limited time in making stuff for our beloved computer; and I'm trying to support / help out via my project

...pfft; people then call me a criminal

Plus I've just had a PM from some *hater* saying that anybody could do all this in 2 weeks easy if they know how to use a computer (yeah right, good luck with that), and he'll now just grab my collection, make a few changes, before finally relabelling as his own

Last edited by DamienD; 01 March 2018 at 01:00.
Old 01 March 2018, 00:22   #491
haps
Rumpig

Quote:
Plus I've just had a PM from some *hater* saying that anybody could do all this in 2 weeks easy if they know how to use a computer (yeah right, good luck with that), and he'll now just grab my collection, make a few changes, before finally relabelling as his own
What a goose!

It always saddens me when one person does something good for the community and for some reason it brings all the shitheads out of the woodwork.
Old 01 March 2018, 00:31   #492
DamienD
Banned

Thing is; he joined and started immediately giving me shit publically in my thread.

I obviously removed his numerous posts; as I don't want this to turn into a warzone yet again...

I then promptly PM'd him quoting his post and answered any of his questions / points. He wasn't interested in rational discussion, then proceeded to say what I've already mentioned above and also "Who are you, no one in *the scene* really knows you at all?".

Anyway, I tried to give him a chance to discuss but, just hate...

Got bored so he has now been banned. Bye, bye kurwa1337!!!

Oh, and please tell us all your *scene* name since you must be sooooo important given what you told me.
Old 01 March 2018, 01:21   #493
DamienD
Banned

A very nice PM from one of my good friends who's just become a father!!!

Many congratulations to you and your lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy
Hello my friend,

Sorry to hear there has been some of the BS going on online regarding your Amiga collection.

I have been busy the last few weeks with the lead up to my son's birth and of course very busy the last week since his birth.

I have not had time to chime in with support on any threads relating to the BS...

Myself and I'm sure everybody here who has gotten to know how cool a guy you are, how dedicated you are to the Amiga and how hard you worked on your project really appreciate everything you have done!!!

There will always be people who will share others hard work even though it will cause upset.

They just don't care mate, to them everything is fair game and they have no respect

Sorry to hear you had to go through such upset and I hope your doing ok.
Old 02 March 2018, 11:31   #494
jabybau

DamienD, do not care about others' feeling of inferiority just go ahead with your passion and love for what you have been doing. People who have respect actually behave themselves in the way nobody would complain about, Muhammad Ali used to say " stay pretty whatever happens stay pretty"....all real fans are with you mate!!!
Thanks for your work!

Cheers
Old 04 March 2018, 16:13   #495
walkero

@DamienD,
Today I did a review for the Greek website amiga.gr which you can find it at
https://amiga.gr/2018/03/806/nea-syl...ion-gia-winuae

I know, it's all Greek to you, but I thought you would like to know.

Also, I sent a small donation to you. Unfortunately, I couldn't send you more, and they are not enough to cover the great work you do. think of it as a small thank you.

Wish you the best. Keep up the good work.

PS. Try to clean your PM folder, because it seems it is full
Old 04 March 2018, 21:38   #496
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@DamienD,

Also, I sent a small donation to you. Unfortunately, I couldn't send you more, and they are not enough to cover the great work you do. think of it as a small thank you.

Its the thought that counts!
Old 04 March 2018, 21:52   #497
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Excellent work, here are some issues I noticed so far. They are all issues with either the installer or the games themselves.

The installer does not seem to multitask at all (on Win8.1 at least), maybe it is boosting its priority. It asked an A/B question at the end but did not hear my response.

Uridium 2 might be a bad crack? I must have failed the manual protection check at the end of level 3, as now it is just endlessly looping the bonus section, I assume that must be the punishment :-(

Last edited by Minuous; 04 March 2018 at 23:16.
Old 04 March 2018, 22:28   #498
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] Today I did a review for the Greek website amiga.gr which you can find it at
I know, it's all Greek to you, but I thought you would like to know.[...]
Even if you don't speak Greek, if you follow this link and and two other links after ("Μια νέα συλλογή αφιέρωμα στον Chris Hülsbeck" & "εδώ"), you will be able to find a two CD collection "A tribute to Chris Hülsbeck" and other "tributes to other artists". Thanks @walkero !
Old 04 March 2018, 23:35   #499
DamienD
Banned

Decided to get back to what I enjoy doing; investigating / adding in new games to my collection

So, I've now produced Update Pack #1 which contains the following since base release:

2 configuration updates:
... Body Blows [AGA]
... Body Blows Galactic [AGA]

4 games updates:
... Ghouls 'N Ghosts
... Sword of Sodan
... Uridium 2
... Ziriax

1 screenshot update:
... Assassin

50 new additions which are as follows:
Code:
3D Galax
Abu-Simbel Profanation
Ace the Space-Case
Air Supply
Alien Breed 3D II - Xenium Core [AGA]   [modification]
Artificial Dreams
Backlash
Bangkok Knights
Blood 'n Bullets
Cadaver - Gate House   [demo]
Cadaver - Temple   [demo]
Chase
Crash & Burn
Creepy Crawlies
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Depthcharge
Detonator
Digger
Dragons of Flame
Enterprise
Evil Garden
Evil Insects [AGA]
Galdregon's Domain
Ganymed
Golden Wing
Gorf
Heroes of the Lance
Hillsfar
Hyperforce
Hyperion
Kajko i Kokosz
Krypton Egg
Laser Squad
Lords of Time
Luxor
Mach 3
Mike the Magic Dragon
Narcissus
Orbit 2000
Pool of Radiance
Power Battle
Pssst! [AGA]
Skate Tribe
Starglider 2
Starglider
Steve Davis World Snooker
The Cycles - International Grand Prix Racing
Typhoon Thompson in Search for the Sea Child
Virus
War in the New Era Solar System
How do you get this pack; you need to PM or e-mail me.

...but given what happened last time, am going to be cautious of who I give this to

Last edited by DamienD; 05 March 2018 at 20:25.
Old 05 March 2018, 00:01   #500
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
@DamienD,

...I was wondering who that was, always a good idea to put your EAB member name in the description

Thank you very much, appreciated

Though your kind words were enough in your feedback post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Its the thought that counts!
Exactly

From memory (which can be hazy at times), you were one of the first 500 people that I just sent this to. You didn't need to donate; but because you did and appreciate the collection; it says a lot

Me and the Amiga community that this will go to thank you.