English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 13 April 2005, 14:16   #1
Turbo2Xs
Zone Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo2Xs
Anyone still play Amiga games with friends?

I got to wondering, with all the games available, if people are still in contact with other Amiga gamers or is it just a solo kind of thing?

Myself, there is no one around me (that I know of) who I can play Amiga game with...

With all the great two player games, I feel bad for me, but any of you have someone locally that shares your love of Amiga?
Old 13 April 2005, 14:28   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

One of my best friends had an a500 back in the day. Every once in a while we chuck a couple of games on and have some 2 player games or take it level by level on a one player game.
Old 13 April 2005, 14:49   #3
manicx

I do. Not many games, mostly Kick Off 2. We often organise KO2 tournaments. Some times me and my pals play Speedball 2 or Super Cars II. In the past, we had several wars in TV Sports Basketball too.
Old 13 April 2005, 14:58   #4
Turbo2Xs
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx
I do. Not many games, mostly Kick Off 2. We often organise KO2 tournaments. Some times me and my pals play Speedball 2 or Super Cars II. In the past, we had several wars in TV Sports Basketball too.
You have MORE than ONE Amiga buddy! Dang! I'm jealous!
Old 13 April 2005, 21:53   #5
Soulshaker

No one even knows what an Amiga is around here anymore. It's a lonely existence for me. *Sniff*.

My girlfriend likes to go thrift store scavenging because she's found lots of great antiques and whatnot, so when I asked her to keep an eye out for parts for my Amiga, she laughed at me and said "The computer's called WHAT?"
Old 13 April 2005, 22:24   #6
Traquer

I force my friends to play some amiga games with me, I don't think any would really choose to play Amiga though

Old 13 April 2005, 23:27   #7
Shoonay
Global Caturator

I force my friends to play on my Amy too, keeping them in my closed room, until they manage to complete some part of some game

...and then, they have to complete another one
Old 14 April 2005, 13:18   #8
Turbo2Xs
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
I force my friends to play on my Amy too, keeping them in my closed room, until they manage to complete some part of some game

...and then, they have to complete another one
Think thats bad? If you were local I'd lock you in my closed room until you played my game!
Old 14 April 2005, 13:21   #9
Turbo2Xs
Zone Friend

Seriously tho... I miss the days when I had Amiga friends and we'd play for hours the likes of Colonial Conquest II, Knights242, Speedball, Lemmings, Hired Guns, Mean Arenas etc... *sigh* those were the days...
Old 14 April 2005, 13:52   #10
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Last day I played Shadow Fighter CD32 and The Strangers with an old friend of mine who sadly sold all his miggies ages ago but is looking for a cd32 he says
Old 14 April 2005, 14:11   #11
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah, I miss the day when I would gather up some friends, and go for rounds of SWOS or Great Courts 2 or Micro Machines or Shadow Fighter or so many other great games

Well, I tired play Speedball 2100 with a friend other day (on the PSX). It doesn't feel the same. I mean, Speedball 2100 sucks

Still play Micro Machines V3 from time to time with friends, some of them which used to play MM on the Amiga 10 years ago...
Old 14 April 2005, 14:16   #12
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand
Well, I tired play Speedball 2100 with a friend other day (on the PSX). It doesn't feel the same. I mean, Speedball 2100 sucks
I will NOT tolerate that anymore!!! ARGHHH!!!

Yeah, it sucks in therms of "SpeedBall 1/2 compatibilty" but just pretend you don't know those previous games, and don't own any other games on your PSX and there it goes... "hey... the game's not so bad" i guarantee that
Old 14 April 2005, 15:28   #13
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

My girlfriend, my best friend a dna f ew more of my friends love playing games on the Amiga. At the moment my girlfriend and I are trying to see if we can get through Project-X in one sitting...!
Old 14 April 2005, 15:38   #14
Tommy K

My mate has got an illness that means that he cant get around too good so me and all of my mates just leave our consoles down at his. His house is a multiplayer haven – there is a PS2, Xbox, Game Cube and of course my Amiga – there are wires everywhere. We all used to play a demo of Blitz Bombers years ago and in all honesty it probably cost me a couple of GCSE’s. About 6 months ago a decided to get hold of an Amiga again and managed to get a copy of the cover disk containing the Blitz Bombers demo (which is up to 5 player). Got all of the boys down to my mates for the grand opening and was feeling a little worried that the old magic would be gone. However after 10 minutes playing it was like we had never been away. We do plenty of gaming at my mates and I can honestly say that the Amiga gets the most use out of all the consoles we have down there.

I have just upgraded to a 1200 so that we can play the full Blitz Bombers game once I have installed to the HD. I am also planning on getting some more quality multiplayer games for it, such as Skidmarks ½ and Indy Heat etc. Just out of interest does anyone know how many players you can have on Indy Heat?
Old 14 April 2005, 23:28   #15
mtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traquer
I force my friends to play some amiga games with me, I don't think any would really choose to play Amiga though
I don't think you need to force them.

I remember last year or so i was studying for a [boring] exam, the day before it, and then i was really bored. I started to play speedball 2 alone, then we i played it with them. Unfortunatly the results were something like 200 - 0, so no challenge.

I started to play with Dynablaster with them and it has been a good pre exam day.

I think force / not force depends also on the age of your friends, if they have moreless your ages they don't need to be forced imo.

Personally i don't play post 95 - 96 games, except remakes and few driving ones.
Old 15 April 2005, 02:28   #16
icewizard2k5

a mate of mine had an a500 we used to play on but it's been replaced with going out drinking. he doesnt use it anymore anyway, i've already pillaged his software.

i have recently played lemmings and rampart 2player with a friend on my 1200. course they got their arse kicked on both games having no prior experience.
Old 15 April 2005, 14:31   #17
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

Still organize (rarely, tho) Speedball, Warlords and North&South tournaments with friends... Lots of fun
Old 15 April 2005, 14:37   #18
manicx

Flipping heck mate! Are you in KOS? I was there for 9 months as an officer? had my A4000 there and used to play Dynablaster with my mates everyday...
Old 15 April 2005, 15:14   #19
kriz

Last games i have played with friends are : Pinball Dreams ,Pinball Fantasises (Nightmare!!), Slam Tilt and Pinball illusions..

Great fun sharing the keyboard and fighting for the highest score !!
Old 16 April 2005, 20:00   #20
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx
Flipping heck mate! Are you in KOS? I was there for 9 months as an officer? had my A4000 there and used to play Dynablaster with my mates everyday...
Well, I'll be here for a few months, due to my job, too... Sadly, no A1200 here, only a crappy Windoze box of some friend of mine <sob>...