English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 August 2019, 09:22   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

AmigaAMP Released

Author: Thomas Wenzel

AmigaAMP: New version of the famous MP3 Player for AMiGA systems more and more performant and qualitative, in this release more bug fixes, new features and significant stability improvements have been made

AmigaAMP 3.32 68k/OS3.9/OS4: Download

Bug fixes:
- Loading whole directories now automatically expands playlists found in these directories.
- Fixed wrong behaviour when double clicking on a playlist stream entry while another stream is still in connecting status.
- Fixed handling older visualisation plugins which use an early version of the API.

New features:
- Each playlist entry now has its own error status.
- More detailed documentation about AmigaAMP's settings.
- 68k: Support for coprocessor plugins a.k.a. "engines". The .engine files go into the Plugins directory and can be enabled in the Decoder tab of AmigaAMP Preferences.
- 68k: Support for 10-band equalizer settings according to MHI spec v1.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmigaAMP.jpg
Views:	1820
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	66672  

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 October 2022 at 08:17.
Old 25 August 2019, 11:32   #2
Mr-Z

Hmm seems to crash a lot on WinUAE (latest version 040 and 80bit FPU selected) play time of Mp3's being often incorrectly calculated, and without FPU enabled it will not even start.
Reverted to v3.22.
Old 25 August 2019, 12:00   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

I don't have any Crash on my RTG systems 020/040/060 FPU, i can run more AmigaAMP without crashing, see screnshot, 5 AmigaAMP running simultaneously. It seems to require FPU even if I seem not to have read it anywhere.

From version versione 3.24it is reported that:

This revision has undergone major internal restructuring to make maintenance easier. I've fixed a lot of small old bugs along the way but I can't guarantee that I haven't introduced new ones. However, extensive beta testing has been done to verify the integrity and stability of this new release. Here's the list of the most important changes:

http://www.amigaamp.de/log.shtml

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 07 September 2019 at 22:41.
Old 25 August 2019, 13:54   #4
Mr-Z

Also no crashes when skipping trough a song by moving the progress bar ?
It hangs up my WinUAE config almost all the time, some MP3's are incorrectly read (specially long ones that are over an hour long or so)
I have a mp3 that is about 1 hour but Amiga Amp calculates it's over 8 hours long.
With some mp3's it does work normal.

With 3.22 all the same MP3's play happy for many hours and no crashes and the play length of a Mp3 file is calculated correctly.
Old 25 August 2019, 17:45   #5
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

I've rolled back to 3.24, as 3.25 won't load .pls files that contain internet radio URLS
Old 25 August 2019, 19:22   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
I've rolled back to 3.24, as 3.25 won't load .pls files that contain internet radio URLS
Yes that works .pls and not only that, in the icon Tooltypes do not use "Workbench" but use "Shell" (no prompt for imput) see screnshot, continues to use v3.25 that there are good improvements..

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 07 September 2019 at 22:41.
Old 25 August 2019, 20:01   #7
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Z View Post
I have a mp3 that is about 1 hour but Amiga Amp calculates it's over 8 hours long.
Probably your AmigaOS is not well configured, I tested an MP3 higher than 1 hour, 83 minutes to be precise.

Tested simultaneously on WinAMP PC and AfA One AMiGA, no difference same time same quality listening
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinAMP VS AmigaAMP.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	64229  

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 25 August 2019 at 20:10.
Old 26 August 2019, 08:48   #8
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Yes that works .pls and not only that, in the icon Tooltypes do not use "Workbench" but use "Shell" (no prompt for imput) see screnshot, continues to use v3.25 that there are good improvements..
Ah, thanks for testing but that doesn't really help me - I never use them like that - I click the open button then select the .pls I want to play (which works fine in 3.24). None of my pls files have icons attached.

I'm sure it'll be sorted in the next release (although tbh I'm using Amplifier a lot more these days anyway )
Old 26 August 2019, 08:57   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
None of my pls files have icons attached.
You don't need the associated icons, you can also drag and drop pls files to the PlayList.
Old 26 August 2019, 09:54   #10
TuKo
Apollo Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Z View Post
Also no crashes when skipping trough a song by moving the progress bar ?
I have also such crashes on WinUAE with 3.25, disabling JIT does help a bit. I also sometimes get gurus when closing it.

Tried 030+881, 030+882 and 040 configurations.

Reverted back to an older version to fix it.

Last edited by TuKo; 26 August 2019 at 10:50.
Old 26 August 2019, 10:18   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

The two new versions require updated and performing systems, I have tested on WinUAE 020/030/040/060 JIT no block, I can also play AmigaAMP many times and count everyone, see screenshot 12 AmigaAMP running and no problem.

My ideal configuration 68060 JIT MMULib Installed.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 07 April 2020 at 20:36.
Old 26 August 2019, 10:49   #12
TuKo
Apollo Team

Quote:
The two new versions require updated and performing systems
Concretely, what does it mean ? What is the new requirement (or incompatibility) which seems undocumented ?

Opening 12x AmigaAMP doesn't shows anything useful. I can open it 24x and still crash WinUAE with a single move in slidebar.

Last edited by TuKo; 26 August 2019 at 11:00.
Old 26 August 2019, 11:07   #13
pcotter

I can also confirm the issues.
- Sometimes system crashes while playing
- Slidebar crashes the system
- Sometimes clicking the exit X crashes the system

version 3.24 and 3.25

i have no issues with 3.23

Systems used to test:
Amithlon, AOS 3.9 +BB4
Amiga 2000, vampire 500, AOS 3.9 + BB4
Old 26 August 2019, 14:17   #14
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuKo View Post
Concretely, what does it mean ? What is the new requirement (or incompatibility) which seems undocumented ?

Opening 12x AmigaAMP doesn't shows anything useful. I can open it 24x and still crash WinUAE with a single move in slidebar.
Well it's not really like that, running once is not like running 12 times, because I follow once a hundred times and AmigaAMP and I have no problem, but if I run many at once is easier for something to corrupt, this can happen on Windows even if rarely.

As mentioned above the latest versions have been radically changed, the systems you use are not up to date, now I don't want to talk about my AfA One, try to install it and all the problems on AmigaAMP 3.25 will disappear
Old 26 August 2019, 15:12   #15
honx

afa bloatware required for amigaamp to run properly without problems? seriously?
Old 26 August 2019, 15:28   #16
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
afa bloatware required for amigaamp to run properly without problems? seriously?
Call it what you want, are you sure with your experience you can judge?, for me AfA remains the best Amiga OS I have ever used, before judging you have to try, try and try

AfA is not bloatware nor indeed it's the opposite, it's fast and above all functional, where everything works perfectly and I think I've proved it to you several times, of course you have to know how to install it.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 August 2019 at 16:04.
Old 26 August 2019, 18:11   #17
AC/DC HACKER!

Nothing is "perfect". Anything can be modified or changed. Perfect means final, done, cannot be added to. AfA is still being updated and every OS has bugs somewhere or something that could be altered to fit another's preferences. Do or do not, there isn't any Try. Hehe.

I haven't been using AmigaAMP much for a while so it's nice to see what to check with it. I'll do some of that soon. Seeking causing crashes? Hmm.. I'll test with real A4000 and WinUAE. It is possible to discern before using. I hope it does play well when I check it much more.
Old 26 August 2019, 18:15   #18
AMIGASYSTEM

No operating system is perfect, but there are functional ones and less functional ones. For these modern applications you do not have to go to energy saving, use an OS 3.1, 3.9 base you do not get good results.
Old 26 August 2019, 19:21   #19
AC/DC HACKER!

First this..

Quote:
AfA is not bloatware nor indeed it's the opposite, it's fast and above all functional, where everything works perfectly and I think I've proved it to you several times, of course you have to know how to install it."
Then contradicted by this.

Quote:
No operating system is perfect, but there are functional ones and less functional ones. For these modern applications you do not have to go to energy saving, use an OS 3.1, 3.9 base you do not get good results.
So, which is it? Anyway, I was originally playing with you some with some honesty mixed in. But then you replied that way. Smiling. By the way, fun redundancy about there being less functional. Anyway, not a big deal.
Old 26 August 2019, 19:47   #20
Mr-Z

Guys stay on topic please

Anyway I figured it out, Amiga-Amp 3.25 doesn't seem to like MP3's with VBR (Variable Bit Rate).
I converted a MP3 with VBR that gave problems to wave and then to MP3 again with fixed bit rate, and guess what ? Amiga-Amp 3.25 just works great now.

It detects the correct duration of the of the song and i can skip around with the progress bar as many times as i like and it will just play.

So no problem in my OS config