English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 10 November 2022, 14:53   #1
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Returning and want to tower up

Original thread from Aughey [sorry, I accidentally deleted two duplicate threads - Cody]

Hi EAB Amigans,

Many thanks for adding me to your forum. After too may years away from the scene I rediscovered my old A1200 in the attic.

I have had it recapped (polymer caps) and I want to put it in a tower.

I have sourced a Microik tower. Has anyone out there got one of these?

I read that the PSU is not standard. I don't have any mediators or boards like that so I first want to know how I power imy stock Amiga up in the tower.

I also have a 44 pin Hitachi 2.5 hdd which was in my Amiga PLUS an ancient 3.5" pata drive of 3.2 gigs with a full Amiga tower system installed which a friend gave me.

I have purchased a Gotec from Amiga EU but I didn't specify it was to go in a tower.came with a 32 gig is stick. I have no idea what is on that but it has software on it.

How do I do this. The Micronik has two floppy drives already in It.

Also I have bought a sdhc adaptor and 4 gig card. Can I transfer the contents of the 3.5 pata drive onto the sdhc card?

Reynolds:
Hi, welcome back

What exact help do you ask for the tower itself? Which one is we are talking about? Micronik had some models way back.

utri007:
You didn't tell what kind of Microni tower. If it is a complete, it has a solution to power up you Amiga.

This page has https://amigafun.wordpress.com/tag/tower/ a picture of power plug. Part two and bottom left coner.

You need to replace one disk drive with Gotek.

You can have a Two IDE drives in you system, one drive jumpered to master and other to slave. Sometimes sdhc cards doesn't have any jumpers, then you just need to test slave/master compos with you old hard drive.
Old 11 November 2022, 19:04   #2
Aughey

I am still awaiting it coming via courier. I sent a pic of the gadget you told me about to the seller but it is not included for this Micronik. Hes more interested in selling me a zorro board. If I could afford that I wouldn't need this gadget I will just have to find another solution unless some kind person on here knows where I might buy a spare one for it. I have bought a reproduction Amiga PSU plug from Amiga EU. I also am awaiting a x4 buffered board for IDE connections.I have a multi meter so if I can work out voltages for the PSU wiring im sure something can be done like trailing the new connector out the back of the tower.
Old 14 November 2022, 15:06   #3
utri007
mä vaan

I have a two Micronik towers with zorro extender. Even it is possible to power up Amiga through them, it still good idee solder wires to Amiga 1200's power connector and inject power throgh it also.

You need to solder wires to mobo and and get needed power from ATX connector.