Old 05 August 2016, 18:35   #81
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
<snip>
<snip>
I've now made a "HD install" --> "ADF" file of "Hyboria: Conan the Conqueror"

Use a "Quickstart A1200 configuration with at least 2MB Chip & 1MB Fast RAM", though I just use an "A1200 - 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration"...

"Hyboria - Conan the Conqueror (demo-playable) (1995)(Monoceros)(AGA)[unreleased].zip" is now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"
Old 05 August 2016, 21:20   #82
DamienD
Banned

@CodyJ; regarding the following:

... "X-Fighter CD32" that's available on the AGtW website: http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/4439. This to me seems like a preview and not a playable demo?
... "Mad Fighters II A1200" that's available on the AGtW website: http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/4439. Can you tell me if this is just a playable demo or the full game?
Old 05 August 2016, 22:14   #83
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Both Mad Fighters II and X-Fighter are playable although the latter is much more limited.
Old 05 August 2016, 22:59   #84
DamienD
Banned

Ok, thank you my friend. Both "playable demo" it is

Edit: probably need a HOL entry for "Mad Fighters II 1200" unless you want to group it (like with what's been done on AGtW).

Last edited by DamienD; 05 August 2016 at 23:19.
Old 06 August 2016, 20:06   #85
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
Heya guys,

Has anyone tried this?

Having a few issues and need some help... I'm using a Classic WB 3.1 .HDF and have copied all files from the archive to a directory under SYS: named "MCAmiga". You then have the following 3 icons:

... MoonChild
... MoonChildFireTest
... OldMoonChild

If you run "MoonChild" you get the following screen:

If you run "MoonChildFireTest" this runs ok except for when the "princess" comes in from the right / the "elf" from the left (they are flashing instead of being solid).

If you run "OldMoonChild" you can play the game (but errors are displayed when double-clicking icon; same for "MoonChildFireTest").

Anyway, from looking at the scripts used to start all icons they are as follows:

MoonChild - script:

MoonChildTest - script:

OldMoonChild - script:

With the scripts for "MoonChildTest" & "OldMoonChild" I don't have the files listed in my Classic WB 3.1 .HDF or a clean WB 3.1 .HDF

Any assistance would be much appreciated
Old 06 August 2016, 23:46   #86
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Ok, so have taken a look at the .HDF file you provided and have now created a .LHA file from that (with all required files inside).

File in The Zone! my friend.
Thank you very much! I'm sure it will work just fine, but I'll give it a whirl when I get a bit of time (probably when I update the HOL entry for Turbo Tomato!).
Old 08 August 2016, 12:33   #87
DamienD
Banned

Hello DrBong,

...was going to start updating the master list in post #7 (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1102979&postcount=7) but...

I know that you've recently put some goodies under "~Uploads/drbong/Games_Unreleased_Demos/" and I guess when you get around to it you'll link to these files from the related HOL pages?

What I was thinking though in terms of the EAB File Server cleanup, it might be better to have a central location (not under a ~Uploads/<user> directory) that is easy to find for all. Am thinking about moving all your files to the following location (before you start updating HOL pages / links):

... Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]

I or anyone else can also start adding other files / bits and pieces there as well... Does that sound ok?
Old 08 August 2016, 23:39   #88
DamienD
Banned

Re: Moon Child AGA again...

From actually reading the notes from the AGtW "Moon Child AGA" entry, the following is mentioned: http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/5573

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGtW
MoonChild - this is a newer version of Moon Child, although there is serious graphical corruption in WinUAE.
...so the next question is can anyone with a real A1200 please test this and report back?

I'd be very interested if "MoonChild" runs without any graphics issues as detailed in post #85: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=85
Old 09 August 2016, 15:39   #89
DamienD
Banned

Ok, Retro-Nerd has kindly done the above

On his real A1200 there are no corrupt graphics when running "MoonChild".
Old 10 August 2016, 13:19   #90
DamienD
Banned

Re: Our-Type & Outlander

I've played around with the original .ADF found on the AGtW website to make the text a bit more descriptive plus loading a little easier:

... http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/5493
... http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/5885

Original:

Modified:

.ADF in The Zone! for anyone who wants this

Note for these demos to work properly you need to use:

a) Kickstart v1.2 r33.180 (1986)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000).rom
b) 1MB Chip RAM

Last edited by DamienD; 10 August 2016 at 15:27.
Old 11 August 2016, 19:54   #91
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
@HOL guys; where did the title image come from? Or is it the case that unless you have / set a graphics card then it's not displayed?

I've tried both files from the AGTW website but haven't seen that
Old 11 August 2016, 20:36   #92
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

There were more graphics on the old aGTW website but they didn't make it across to the new site. Let me dig them out.
Old 11 August 2016, 21:23   #93
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
There were more graphics on the old aGTW website but they didn't make it across to the new site. Let me dig them out.
Cheers, thanks Adrian

...from my analysis though I can't see that title screen in either of these file available:

a) deepsilence.lha
b) soms-demo.lha
Old 12 August 2016, 20:02   #94
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Actually; do you guys think it's worth making this thread "sticky" so that it doesn't get lost as time goes on?
Yep!

Quote:
I know that you've recently put some goodies under "~Uploads/drbong/Games_Unreleased_Demos/" and I guess when you get around to it you'll link to these files from the related HOL pages?

What I was thinking though in terms of the EAB File Server cleanup, it might be better to have a central location (not under a ~Uploads/<user> directory) that is easy to find for all. Am thinking about moving all your files to the following location (before you start updating HOL pages / links):

I or anyone else can also start adding other files / bits and pieces there as well... Does that sound ok?
Sure, but you'd have to arrange with the sysops for the directory to be publicly accessible for uploads. AFAIK users with accounts can only upload to their own personal directory and nowhere else.
Old 12 August 2016, 21:45   #95
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Sure, but you'd have to arrange with the sysops for the directory to be publicly accessible for uploads. AFAIK users with accounts can only upload to their own personal directory and nowhere else.
Yeah sure, we can do either of the following:

a) Ask Turran to give all members upload rights to this "Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]" directory.

or

b) A member can upload to their usual place and let me know. I will then move into the "Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]" directory (since I'm now an EAB File Server admin)
Old 12 August 2016, 22:36   #96
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
Not that I'm unappreciative for having access to an [unreleased] game but...

...what a mess both files linked above are; even when installing to a hard drive

Issues are as follows:

a) With both directories there are no icons to start the game or view the related readme files.
b) You need to copy certain files to your "SYS:Libs" directory.
c) With "Dent A Wolf" the "dentawolf.readme" cannot be double-clicked as it's "not an executable".
d) With "Dentaku-26" you need to make a specific assign.
e) With "Dentaku-26" the "Read_This.txt" cannot be double-clicked as it's "not an executable".

Anyway; in my usual fashion I've spent a bit of time creating a single bootable "HD install" --> "ADF":

I'm sure "Amiganiac73" will be happy after his recent post in another thread because indeed you needed to mess around with files / libraries on your hard drive... Not required with this "HD install" --> "ADF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganiac73 View Post
I prefer to use DamienD disk images because, it does not install anything on your hard drive, it only uses the Ram Disk and the floppy for saving the games.

It's better that way because it doesn't overwrite, the Amiga Workbench Specific versions of the Libraries, Fonts and many other important, files that are required for the system to work properly.

Many times I had to Re-Install the workbench due to sudden resets and Guru Meditations and all because installing the games.

So.. these disk images allows me to play the game right away without any worries.
Use a "Quickstart A1200 - 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration"...

File now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"
Old 13 August 2016, 00:28   #97
Amiganiac73

You can bet, that not only me but many are happy with your releases

Thank you DamienD
Old 13 August 2016, 01:37   #98
DamienD
Banned

Sorry guys... after hours of hard work to get this working / looking good, I've just realised that I made a very small booboo with the text

Basically, for option 4 I had written "Type '4' to play "Dentaku-26 - Readme" when clearly it should have been "Type '4' to view "Dentaku-26 - Readme"...

Anyway; me being a perfectionist and all that, I've now updated the file

...so if you have downloaded already, please do so again; sorry
Old 13 August 2016, 11:24   #99
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Hello DrBong,

...was going to start updating the master list in post #7 (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1102979&postcount=7) but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Ok, all files have now been moved from "~Uploads/drbong/Games_Unreleased_Demos/" --> "Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]"
Old 13 August 2016, 12:06   #100
DamienD
Banned

I've also created a directory "[modified]" under "Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]".

Here you will find:

a) any modified unreleased .ADFs, for example:

... Universal Monsters: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82093
... Siegemaster & Son of Zeus: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80972
... Crime Inc: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=44
... Slez & Pot: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=45
... Our-Type & Outlander: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=91

b) any unreleased "HD install" --> "ADFs" packages.

Last edited by DamienD; 13 August 2016 at 15:35.