English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 April 2011, 21:28   #1
Quagliarulo

How to get an unstretched picture?

Hello.
With the current version of WinUAE, I am unable to get an unstretched picture in full screen (and in windowed mode too, if I don't use 720x568). It seems that I cannot disable aspect ratio correction: if I try, the result is the same as having aspect ratio set to 4:3. I hate this, as some lines and rows of pixels are doubled and some are not. With older WinUAE versions, I could get a centered screen, both in full screen and windowed modes. In windowed mode, I used to make the window very small, hiding the outer areas that weren't used, but now everything gets stretched inside. I also noticed that the "Centering" controls in the screen settings panel don't do anything in any mode.
Is there any way to get pixel-exact graphics in full screen? Can I get a centered picture instead of a stretched one when I change the window's size in windowed mode?
Thank you!
Old 28 April 2011, 21:32   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Set the filter to none. Otherwise choose the aspect ratio of your monitor (e.g. 16:10) and not the one you'd like to see (i.e. 4:3).
Old 28 April 2011, 22:37   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
as some lines and rows of pixels are doubled and some are not
Yup. When working with ancient WB versions, it sometimes does look "washed out" and tampered with.

Quote:
With older WinUAE versions, I could get a centered screen, both in full screen and windowed modes.
I know this "problem." Newer versions just require too much tweaking around, whilst older versions did not need that at all.
I bet it's roughly the same "problem" that I described here some weeks ago...
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56404

I must admit this is the reason why I too use older versions to work or play (if possible) since it's just too much fiddling around to get a centered screen with no filter, no enforced aspect ratio "correction" and 100% clean letters.
TCD told me a way to get this done on my system, but yet it's just too much tweaking needed every time (in my book). I discovered that I can just use an older version and have to adjust nothing at all.
Old 28 April 2011, 22:45   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
I must admit this is the reason why I too use older versions to work or play (if possible) since it's just too much fiddling around to get a centered screen with no filter, no enforced aspect ratio "correction" and 100% clean letters.
You only have to do that once though.
Old 28 April 2011, 23:57   #5
Quagliarulo

I just succeded: centered screen, no stretching, in 800x600 full-screen. It happened by chance, though. I will try to understand what I did!

Edit: Just select "no scaling" in the list box below the button labelled "reset to defaults".

Last edited by Quagliarulo; 29 April 2011 at 01:37. Reason: I found out what to do