English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 19 June 2003, 00:26   #1
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

Exclamation Unpack a MSDOS disk with DMS ???!!!

I have a bridgeboard card A2088 in my Amiga2000 and I found the MSDOS boot disk in DMS format.
But I can't unpack it
Of course I tried to mount pc0 to put the option PC in the command line but the archive can t start to unpack.

I tried to format a 360k PC0: but same result
HELP

Here is the file
Old 19 June 2003, 19:24   #2
thomas

DMS refuses to write the file to disk, don't know why.

xDMS can unpack it and YADI can write it to floppy (using PC0).

http://uk.aminet.net/aminetbin/find?xdms
http://uk.aminet.net/aminetbin/find?yadi

I would suggest tsgui instead, but I have problems running my own program
Old 19 June 2003, 23:24   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I don't have it loaded right now, but I thought DMS had a special switch for PC-DOS mode. I know I have DMS'd PC disks in the past using DMS (on a real Amiga) and expanded them back to disk with no problems. The switch is PC for reading and writing. There's also a HD option I have never tried.
Old 20 June 2003, 01:04   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

I downloaded the file you attached last night and tried to extract it using dms professional, version 2.20 without any luck. I could view the contents of the archive, and it seems that what you have is a PC formatted 720K diskette that was archived with dms using the PC switch that TG mentioned. My attempts to extract the file were done using WinUAE though, so it might have worked if I'd been using a real Amiga instead. I may have one other option for you though. If the boot diskette in the archive is a MS-DOS 3.3 diskette, you might want to snag the one I posted to the Zone a few days ago before it disappears. The one I posted is an image of the IBM PC-DOS 3.3 boot diskette in WinImage format, and presumably WinImage could be used to write it back to an actual diskette, though I've never tried that myself. Thomas subsequently posted a version of that which had been converted to an extended ADF that works with emulators running under WinUAE, in case you might want that as well. Both should still be in the Zone for about another day, but if you miss them I will be happy to repost either or both for you.