English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 17 August 2009, 00:17   #1
Ironclaw
Banned

Screenshots from different games from different systems

Hello,

My name is Kent, a.k.a Ironclaw and I live in Sweden. But this has nothing to do with the point of this thread, so I don't know why I typed it, and the backspace key is inconveniently too far away for me to use, and it's even more of an effort to use the mouse to select the unwanted text and delete it.

Anyway, I'm too lazy and cba to look for game screenshots for a new quiz. So, if you want to see a new cool quiz, this time being the "Ultimate Classic Game Quiz", or instead of "Classic" having "Retro" instead, I havn't decided yet.

What I need is 10 screenshots from different games, for different systems, retro stuff only please... nothing of today's games.

I will keep the original 320x256 display window I have for my Amiga quiz in this new one. I will also scale/stretch all screenshots (even going with negative-aspect-ratio) so they fit the display window perfectly, unlike the amiga quiz where many game have lots of black, due to different resoutions in games, and that I didn't want to resize them to improper aspect size. I will be less of a perfectionist for this new one and have them all stretched, so no black space this time.

So, anyone care to look up 10 screenshots for each gaming system (10 different games per system)? And also name the screenshots or type the name for each game.

I cba to add too many screenshots to the game, as it's a slow process actually... so, maybe just 8 systems, or 4 systems and 20 games per system instead.

Well, just thought I'd make this thread incase someone would look up the screens for me :P...... and a new quiz will be born.

Thanks in advance... even if you just decide to look and do nothing :P

Edit, it's easy to quickly get 10 screenshots from C64 games, as there is this c64 lemon place... just like we have an amiga place (hol or lemon amiga)... but don't know of good places for other systems....
Old 17 August 2009, 00:37   #2
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Here's a few good for a start:

Arcade, Speccy, Atari, SMS, SEGA, PC-DOS

Old 17 August 2009, 16:19   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

K, thanks..... was hoping someone would pick the images for me :P

oh well... will go to each place and save 10 images.... already saved some and too bad many of the pictures are in lower resolution than the original ones, some are just pictures taken from a tv screen with a camera, others are low quality jpgs.... meh, cba to find good ones..... so will take random here and there.

And they don't have top-xxx... so have no idea what might be good to take for some systems.. I know I want to include Sonic for Sega at least
Old 17 August 2009, 16:30   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I don't think you should do this quiz, you really don't sound that enthused by it
Old 17 August 2009, 16:47   #5
Ironclaw
Banned

I want to do it flawlessly like the amiga quiz.... but cant be arsed to look for good screenshots.... and as no one finds them for me... and I have to pick them myself.. then I take whatever I find :P....

+ they will be scaled this time to remove blackness.... meh.... maybe I should stop... saved 60 pictures so far

But I've had requests from people wanting me to do this quiz, and I really do want to make a quiz including ALL systems.... but if I have to collect all the screenshots.. then I take what I find.. cba to put down too much effort into finding.....

So... will put it on pause.... maybe someone sooner or later reads this thread and finds those quality screenshots.
Old 17 August 2009, 16:56   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
I want to do it flawlessly like the amiga quiz.... but cant be arsed to look for good screenshots.... and as no one finds them for me... and I have to pick them myself.. then I take whatever I find :P....

+ they will be scaled this time to remove blackness.... meh.... maybe I should stop... saved 60 pictures so far

But I've had requests from people wanting me to do this quiz, and I really do want to make a quiz including ALL systems.... but if I have to collect all the screenshots.. then I take what I find.. cba to put down too much effort into finding.....

So... will put it on pause.... maybe someone sooner or later reads this thread and finds those quality screenshots.
Sure, sure you do