English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 05 February 2022, 21:13   #1
pngcan

ATX to A5/6/1200 Adapter

Hello Friends
Is there anyone out there that still sells ATX to A5/6/1200 adapters. I have been searching frantically and only found one dealer in France who wants 69euro to ship the 12euro cable to the US. YIKES. I realize that there are plenty of references on how to build one yourself, but I don't trust this old fart to do that. Thanks for any info
Old 06 February 2022, 00:46   #2
Aardvark

I can highly recommend a.mi.gouns stuff on Amibay https://www.amibay.com/forum/want-to...-amp-Adapters= No idea about his shipping cost to US though.
Old 06 February 2022, 01:50   #3
pngcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
I can highly recommend a.mi.gouns stuff on Amibay https://www.amibay.com/forum/want-to...-amp-Adapters= No idea about his shipping cost to US though.
Thanks Aardvark, looks like the site is undergoing maintenance and they are not accepting new registrations at this time. Darn. I'll keep looking
Old 18 February 2022, 13:42   #4
Pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngcan View Post
Hello Friends
Is there anyone out there that still sells ATX to A5/6/1200 adapters. I have been searching frantically and only found one dealer in France who wants 69euro to ship the 12euro cable to the US. YIKES. I realize that there are plenty of references on how to build one yourself, but I don't trust this old fart to do that. Thanks for any info
just build it. I have made several ATX adapters from old defunct power supplies. it's nowhere near as hard as you think. And maybe it's me, but the image seems to be brighter and more steady/clearer with an Amiga powered by an ATX PSU, but it could all be in my head.

it's a really easy to make adapter, all you have to do is make sure the appropriate 12V, 5V, and the minuses etc are on the right pins. i's pretty simple. The colour coding on the wires should be the same for most PSU's, but again, check it, as i can't take any responsibility if its's not. I can happily post pictures of one i have made, if it helps.