techguruuk
Dan Wood

Playing Amiga Games At Christmas

New video

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 December 2015, 23:57   #2
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

I'm not feeling very Christmasy this year, but this really cheered me up, thanks. I'd love to see more of these short-burst co-op play-throughs. I'm convinced there's mesmerising black magic bubbling beneath the surface of Captain Planet; it's an awful game, yet like you I gave it plenty of my attention as a kid. I still have no idea why. It has something.

Something else I'd like to see in 2016 is more coverage of late-era Amiga games that many of us have never heard of because we'd moved onto PCs and stopped buying Amiga mags by then. There's very little commentary on this kind of thing on YouTube; it's all silent gameplay footage if anything at all.
Old 19 December 2015, 00:28   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks for the video . There aren't many videos of mates playing games like we used to back in the day.
Old 05 January 2016, 22:34   #4
fluff79

Great video, I really enjoyed watching this. I remember playing micro machines with my mates when I was a teenager! Chaos Engine looks really cool, but I didn't get a chance to play that.

Old 06 January 2016, 04:30   #5
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
I'm not feeling very Christmasy this year, but this really cheered me up, thanks. I'd love to see more of these short-burst co-op play-throughs. I'm convinced there's mesmerising black magic bubbling beneath the surface of Captain Planet; it's an awful game, yet like you I gave it plenty of my attention as a kid. I still have no idea why. It has something.

Something else I'd like to see in 2016 is more coverage of late-era Amiga games that many of us have never heard of because we'd moved onto PCs and stopped buying Amiga mags by then. There's very little commentary on this kind of thing on YouTube; it's all silent gameplay footage if anything at all.
Completely agree with you on Captain Planet 110%.
Old 06 January 2016, 09:31   #6
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

I have long standing tradition (dating back to the early 1990's) of playing James Pond II at Christmas.

Anyway, nice video!
Old 06 January 2016, 13:35   #7
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
I'm convinced there's mesmerising black magic bubbling beneath the surface of Captain Planet; it's an awful game, yet like you I gave it plenty of my attention as a kid. I still have no idea why. It has something.
Damn, same here - I keep going back to it (finished it again last year for the... Nth time!) even if I know that it's an awful game after all