Datastorm ++.rar
Death Trap ++.rar
Gauntlet 2 ++.rar
Iss +.rar
James Pond 2 - Codename Robocod.rar
Jupiters Masterdrive.rar
Soccer Kid Preview ++.rar
Zool ++ b ++.rar

I couldn't open them because they were reported as corrupted, but I just thought this was a limitation of EasyZip 2000, that maybe a newer compression algorithm was used on these files, so I stashed them away. Somehow, they ended up decompressed and looked OK, but none of them are any good. It's that old bit reversal thing again, when a browser doesn't recognize the extension. I wish I'd kept the original rar files because I now know how to fix them, but the adf's from within (which is all I have now) are not fixable. Nor are the files still online at Amiga Forever.

Any chance somebody else downloaded these and still has them?

BTW: Jambo still reports that these are available from AF, even though they aren't...
Old 20 November 2001, 17:41   #2
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I am not quite sure what you request, but I have upped Jupiter Masterdrive. It works perfecly in WinUAE 8.17. use A 500 config.
Did this help? The others I'll have to dig deeper for
Old 21 November 2001, 00:46   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks, Fred. See, I had those downloaded from that site, but just wanted to run them through TOSEC to see if they were different versions than I already had. I never could un-RAR them to find out. I finally installed WinRAR and used it, then deleted the RAR files, but I shouldn't have. It's the rar files that had the bits shifted and if I'd just kept those, I'd be able to get to the adf inside.

I noticed on your upload description, you said to use Power Archiver. Well, EasyZip 2000 is the same program, just an earlier version. The new name makes more sense, but I didn't care for the program itself. Can't remember why. Isn't is crippled in some way due to being shareware? EasyZip 2000 is fully functional, so I prefer it. But anyway, the archive is fine, just the bits needed fixing. I'll download adz, rar, etc. files in the future with Opera and won't have that problem anymore.
Old 21 November 2001, 01:53   #4
Amigaboy

Power Archiver used to be free
Now, it's trying to emulate Winzip, and has become shareware. I think it's trying to be an exact clone. Even the "Enter your registration info" screen is the same. I haven't looked at Powerarchivers code, so I can't tell if it uses the same registration routine, but I wouldn't be surprised

Old 21 November 2001, 02:18   #5
DPainter

I recommend Ultimate Zip, which is free and even does batch extraction and compression. It also support .RAR extraction.

UltimateZip
Old 21 November 2001, 04:04   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'll give Ultimate Zip a spin. As I was reading the Features list, I was all ready to fire back that it doesn't have a converter feature (zip to lha, etc.) but it has that covered and much more. Can't wait to get home and try this thing out!

Thanx for the tip, DP!