English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 August 2017, 07:57   #1
theshinyknight

Convert FC card with multiple drives, to singe harddrive file for WinUAE

Hi guys; I am using my real 1200 with a 8 GB FC card, which I did divide in different partitions to use it under WB3.1

Now since I am putting away my amiga for space issues, I would like to make a harddrive file for WinUAE, so I can continue to use it if I want to, on my desktop PC.

I am a bit rusty on the Amiga OS; but I recall that I can just make a 1:1 copy with Dopus on a newly created empty HD file, although is there a way to make different partitions, like I did with my CF? It has been probably more than 7 years since when I did install WB on the CF card, I am not sure what would be the best way to get the card ported to HD file for WinUAE.
Old 20 August 2017, 10:06   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Easiest way is to create 1:1 image file, winuae add harddrive panel has button for this purpose. Even if you don't want to duplicate your partitions 1:1 (for example if you want to use directory harddrive), it is still good idea to have 1:1 image backup. (8G file is nothing today!)