English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 November 2021, 18:26   #4621
Rissol

Genshin Impact and FF14
Old 16 November 2021, 19:42   #4622
Muadebe

Original Diablo, Doom, Doom64, Sensible Soccer.
Old 17 November 2021, 11:34   #4623
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Minecraft... colleague setup a server so it was time to go all out again with a group of people. Minecraft works best when it is not a lonely experience.
Old 17 November 2021, 13:26   #4624
Fiery Phoenix

Playing Kick Off 2 Online when I can

I love my old skool point and click adventures and giving Sam & Max a go. Thing is - and probably will be in a minority here - I don't like wacky or really out there puzzles / games (like Sam & Max / Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle)

Prefer Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis (for me, still, one of the best games ever and defo the best adventure game ever) Monkey Island is decent and not as "out there" as the others above (imho)

Also been setting up Singe 2 emulator to play the light gun games, recent HD versions of Mad Dog, WSJR, Space Pirates, etc, available. All enjoyable to play still (prefer using it via here than WinUAE)

Also giving a few pinball games a go via Future and Virtual Pinball - do love the colourised dot matrix displays - bit of a pain getting to work, but when they do - WOW!
Old 17 November 2021, 15:16   #4625
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
I love my old skool point and click adventures and giving Sam & Max a go. Thing is - and probably will be in a minority here - I don't like wacky or really out there puzzles / games (like Sam & Max / Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle)
Yeah then Sam & Max is pretty much the opposite of what you would like as it is more looney than looney tunes...

Most of the puzzles are pretty alright though, there were only a few with cartoon logic behind them. I often play the game just to listen to the music, it is an awesome usage of iMuse. The tune of the carnival especially is quite catchy. If I could whistle, I'd whistle that all the time.
Old 23 November 2021, 04:46   #4626
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Finishing Mongol Campaign in AOE4.
Old 29 November 2021, 12:08   #4627
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Death Stranding. Best movie I've ever played!

That is only half a joke, Kojima turns each subsequent game more into a movie and Death Stranding really is an interactive movie. As such the game is absolutely not for everyone as it has a really unorthodox gameplay loop. There is some combat in the game but most of the time is spent collecting and lugging packages from A to B (to C) while trying to maintain your balance, keep your packages from breaking, sneak past baddies and building structures while gaping at the stunning environment and wondering what the heck happened to that world. A lot of that is spent on foot, but you also have vehicles available to you to speed it up.

What I love is that the game borrows exactly the right elements from Dark Souls to make the lonely experience far less lonely. Players can leave messages on the floor and as soon as you have "enabled" a certain area structures built by other players become available for use by you as well. Bridges, ladders, postboxes, etc. You can collect resources and build those structures yourself as well, much like the Fallout 4 building mechanic but then not restricted to residential zones. You're playing the game solo... and yet you still cooperate with other people in this way. Genius.

I mean, it's a Kojima game. In what other game do you have to lug the body of your dead mother to an incinerator within the first half hour of play because otherwise it'll change and cause an explosion that levels a city?

Or in what other game are grenades crafted from your blood, urine and poo? Yeah. Kojima. This game is wonderfully weird. But boy those cutscenes, they last forever.
Old 29 November 2021, 12:24   #4628
drHirudo
Amiga user

Recently, I've starting playing old Amiga games again. I did playthrough videos and finished Lionheart (bad ending), Crazy Sue, Crazy Sue II, Saint Dragon, R-Type, R-Type II, RoboCop and RoboCop II.

Now playing RoboCop 3...
Old 29 November 2021, 13:38   #4629
Fiery Phoenix

Just completed Black Sect - great English remake via AGS site as original Amiga game is French only.

Interface really good and unlike other Lankhor games (Maupiti Island and Mortville Manor) no annoying interviewing or being in a specific place at a specific time.

Nothing too taxing either - well recommended for adventure game lovers
Old 29 November 2021, 15:53   #4630
CaptainPlanet

Not much, mainly tinker with my A1200, trying bits of new and old software and programs. Though, I do have a shortcut to Arkanoid II on my desktop (such windows-words, what are the Workbench words?) that I play very often! I'm rubbish at it.

Also, slowly going through Dungeon Master again...but I play the Atari-ST-decompiled-and-recompiled-for-linux version as opposed to the miggy one. Maybe I'll restart on the proper hardware...

..and and Minecraft because it's the best game ever :-)
Old 02 December 2021, 12:59   #4631
Fiery Phoenix

On a bit of a point and click run

After Sam & Max and Black Sect, decided to give Space Quest a go. Again, never played these (crazy I know)

Just completed the first VGA remake one and also the 2nd via the fan made remake by AGS. Shout out as absolutely superb with voice acting too - for a fan made game 10/10. However just a pity no remake done for the 3rd (or a Sierra version using the point and click interface) it's still using a text based parsar (AGS did a point and click of Larry 2 which was excellent - makes a huge difference)

So presently in the middle of SQ3 - enjoyed all 3, no absolutely ridiculous puzzles, just the normal frustrating sudden deaths and dead ends if objects not picked up (as is normal with most Sierra games)

So I suppose will stick at them and do 4, 5 and 6 afterwards

Fate of Atlantis is still the definitive point and click adventure for me, but did enjoy the SQ ones so far
Old 06 December 2021, 22:13   #4632
Baselet

I loaded up a Civilization save I last played 1992... and should really go to bed instead :-)
Old 07 December 2021, 11:48   #4633
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
So I suppose will stick at them and do 4, 5 and 6 afterwards
Be aware that SQ6 was made by different people and thus might not tickle your fancy as much.
Old 07 December 2021, 14:05   #4634
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Played bit of Frogger (arcade) and Pinball Fantasies. (on minimig)
Old 09 December 2021, 15:13   #4635
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I completed all AOE4 campaigns and now doing 1 mastery per day match.

After a long pause, played Witcher 3. It was easy to get into the game where I left off and at the moment I am doing bunch of secondary quests.

I've also installed Control and want to get back to finish that game, but first I have to check if those graphical glitches I experienced are gone.

Scared to install ESO, it would mean - end of time - kind of thing. I will not have much time for anything else and it is hard to stop playing MMO.

Last edited by Anubis; 09 December 2021 at 15:19.
Old 18 December 2021, 01:31   #4636
HEXWALKER
Better In Mono!

I played the newest quest in Warframe as of late, which was incredible! Along with that, I have been playing some Minecraft with friends. I've gone back and started a new playthrough of Gunman Chronicles during DOOM Mapping breaks.
Old 18 December 2021, 14:38   #4637
Nobby_UK

Plot of the Druid: Nightwatch
Old 22 December 2021, 16:17   #4638
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Skyrim... as a passive character. Read: I don't kill living things. Which means I do allow myself to kill undead things, which basically implies Draughr and ghosts but not vampires or werewolves. Otherwise the game becomes a huge slog, you wouldn't even be able to kick off the mages guild quest line. I still don't really full on attack anything because a character like this you don't pimp weapon and armor skills, so you have to get creative. I invest all my level ups into mana, health and stamina be damned.

Pretty much the most fun I've had playing Skyrim yet to be honest. All of a sudden the illusion and alteration magic skill trees have become my bread and butter where in previous playthroughs I didn't touch it at all - calm, fury, muffle, courage. I'm actually using wards now. Traps are no longer an annoyance, they are a weapon (I don't kill anything, but if someone is stupid enough to step on a pressure plate... that's natural selection). And contrary to what you might think, a character like this levels like crazy.
Old 22 December 2021, 21:45   #4639
freehand

Back on DCS World been away for a while looking for another gfx card.
Old 22 December 2021, 22:22   #4640
Havie

Being thrashed by my teenager on Mario kart 8 Deluxe!