English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 October 2021, 22:37   #121
UnnamedCourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Nice page! I remember playing that demo (and falling in love with the game); I can remember that when you get to the door leading to the outside area it takes forever for the score to count up compared to the release version.

Don't know if you care, but there is a minor textual problem in there:

Should be either "This is odd" or "These are odd".

Nah that's good thanks, I always make stupid typos like this and you tend to automatically correct them in your head when it's your own work so you don't notice it, I'll fix it.
I noticed all the rude comments are removed from the console ROMS of the game.
Old 24 November 2021, 15:51   #122
UnnamedCourier

Apologies for the bump, but wondered if anyone knew the history of this. I was looking on the old "Gods Country" page via archive.org and noticed it had downloads of a few tracks from the PC version's in-game soundtrack.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080605...cr_frames1.htm

Nothing that surprising there, but a) the implication they came from John Foxx and b) the sound quality of the recordings (clearly off of a tape, not just recorded from the game) raised some questions. Where did these come from, are they actually the original J Foxx compositions released by him? What happened to the rest of it (the files are numbered 1, 2 and....5?)? It's also quite confused as to who composed the songs in the first place, from reading on Youtube comments it's asserted Foxx did actually compose the in-game songs, and that's why the later console versions list him as the musician (along with Jason Page and David Whittaker) because it literally was written by him, and the Nation XII tune is removed from those versions.
I just wondered also if anyone has any reliable sources on any of this, it's yet another of those Amiga mysteries that seems to have been solved at one point, only to promptly be forgotten once more...
Old 26 February 2023, 21:30   #123
Suthriel

Was way to long since an update from my tiny project, mainly because way to little progress, thanks to Unreal not really liking 2D games and me having no clue about everything ^.^

Many things are still missing, but some basics are running pretty stable... most of the time...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 February 2023, 21:37   #124
DisasterIncarna

very nice, and looking pretty damned good to boot, whats the audio glitch btw? or have i got some weird tinnitus thing going on?
Old 26 February 2023, 21:50   #125
Suthriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
very nice, and looking pretty damned good to boot, whats the audio glitch btw? or have i got some weird tinnitus thing going on?

There is one of those spinning mace deathtraps on the right platform (right ladder), its just hard to see in those light conditions, but it is fully operational

Yeah, i need to install levers/switches to get rid of that thing Currently it explodes once yo go further right, just for testing.
Old 26 February 2023, 22:12   #126
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

The audio glitch is that these are PC adlib sounds and not the Amiga sounds
Old 26 February 2023, 22:32   #127
Suthriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
The audio glitch is that these are PC adlib sounds and not the Amiga sounds

Oh, yeah, i recorded the sounds from the DOS-Version with DosBox because i only had PC, never an Amiga
But its on the list to integrate options for switching graphics to the original graphics, that Amiga HUD and whatever sounds Amiga played.
Old 27 February 2023, 14:46   #128
BigD

@Thread

If God really had lost His blueprints for life in the universe then I don't think He could logically or truthfully be called 'God'! Reverse engineering is for those excluded from the master coder's knowledge and sources!