English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 13 May 2022, 22:53   #1881
lilwshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
With that description I'm 99% sure that card is probably buggered
This guy relists the same stuff over and over again at eye watering prices with a huge list of lunatic ramblings attached to each one, and mentions EAB a lot so is probably on here. I wonder who it is.
Old 14 May 2022, 00:42   #1882
Leon Besson
Banned

Jees Mang! How much have recapped A1200 motherboards going for!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165420531...mis&media=COPY

I know EBay take a fee off sellers! But this takes the cookie!
Old 29 May 2022, 15:37   #1883
amigang

Amiga addict issue 12, https://ebay.co.uk/itm/134132007975?...mis&media=COPY don’t know weather to resub, or try zzap Amiga mag or go back to Amiga future mag? Hmmmmm didnt think there ever be so many English Amiga magazine out their!
Old 29 May 2022, 16:16   #1884
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigang View Post
Amiga addict issue 12, https://ebay.co.uk/itm/134132007975?...mis&media=COPY don’t know weather to resub, or try zzap Amiga mag or go back to Amiga future mag? Hmmmmm didnt think there ever be so many English Amiga magazine out their!
There are Bromigo! The Amiga is still live and kicking!

Crewe! Eh! Is that Crewe, Cheshire? If so been there for a client. Don’t they call it Little Poland these days?
Ended up speaking all sorts of dialects. A lot of Bruno Marrs look-a-likes as well
Old 07 June 2022, 21:13   #1885
RichL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Jees Mang! How much have recapped A1200 motherboards going for!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165420531...mis&media=COPY

I know EBay take a fee off sellers! But this takes the cookie!
Still for sale, nobody bought them.
Old 11 June 2022, 20:06   #1886
Malakie

ommodore A2000 Restored/Upgraded huge w/68030, 68882, MMU, SCSI SD Boot, MORE!.

C (Amiga 2000 Rev 6 Restored/Upgraded RARE w/68030/68882/MMU, SCSI2SD WB3.2, MORE!! | eBay)[/size] https://www.ebay.com/itm/363866587323

PLEASE watch the attached video so you can see a full live showing of this machine, what I did, upgrade and more (the video explains the temporary tin foil shield)!

Part #1: [ Show youtube player ]

Part #2: (camera battery died) [ Show youtube player ]

Unit has been restored and repaired completely and is fully functional. Fully tested and repaired so that external ports all function properly. Upgraded the system to a 1 MEG ECS Agnus chip. Upgraded the Kickstart to 3.2. Replaced/repaired the battery backup clock to a 2032 coin cell battery. (NOTE: Sale is AS IS so please read carefully and watch the included video showing the unit fully and in operation)

NOTE: The current system is still set to PAL and has a 220volt P/S HOWEVER you can easily change this to NTSC either using the 3.2 OS option or a simple hardware fix to make it permanent. I decided to leave that option to whomever buys the unit.

Likewise with the power supply, I am in the USA so I had to use a step up transformer to allow the 220 power supply to work on our 120 volt power. They are inexpensive, around $40 to get. So your option is to do what I did or to even replaced the power supply with a standard USA version and save the current 220 volt as a backup. Again I chose to leave that figuring it would let whomever buys it make their own decision.

** Note the linked Video below as I show the entire system piece by piece AND fully operational so you can see exactly what you get.

I have upgraded the machine to include the following, all fully tested and using the latest drivers:
  • GVP 68030/68882/MMU and INCLUDES the daughterboard with an additional 4 MEG ram!
  • I have also attached a mini flow cooling fan to the unit to help with the temps these cards produce!
  • Motherboard REV 6
  • A2052 - 2 Meg Ram card
  • GVP Series Impact II card connected to a SD2SCSI card that uses a 4 GB SD card to boot the system lightning fast.
  • Included on the SD card is 3.2 installed fully. ALL drivers for the GVP cards (68030 and Impact II), a some utilities including Workbench Management System v3.0 (MY own personal designed and released best seller from back in the day) as well as DOPUS and ADF file utilities.
  • Kickstart and Workbench 3.2 Installed (Original CD ROM included)
  • 1 MEG - ECS AGNUS upgrade
  • New replaced battery backed up clock w/2032 flat cell battery
  • Fully working A2000 original keyboard and original tank style A2000 mouse, cleaned and tested!
  • All current drivers included on SD card boot drive
  • Additional useful utilities and programs also installed on SD card boot drive
  • Replaced DF0: Original floppy drive with same. Tested for read and write
  • Added Gotek USB drive as DF1:. Tested fully
  • Available empty 5 1/4" drive bay for expansion

NOTE: Case has a couple small glue spots on the front. I cleaned things but did not want to attempt to remove the glue as I was afraid it would damage the case doing so. You can see them in the front shot. The rest of the case is in good shape.

I have also created a short video at the included link where I show you all the updates, all the included hardware and the specifics of the system you are getting. You can see it fully running and active as I walk through everything completely.

Part #1: [ Show youtube player ][/size]

Part #2: (camera battery died) [ Show youtube player ]

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Amiga 2000 Rev 6 Restored/Upgraded RARE w/68030/68882/MMU, SCSI2SD WB3.2, MORE!! | eBay[/font] https://www.ebay.com/itm/363866587323
Old 13 June 2022, 16:32   #1887
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Amiga A Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike UK View Post
Has anyone got an Amiga button for an Amiga 600?
Any Good here fella?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142515646...iABEgJIO_D_BwE
Old 18 June 2022, 13:39   #1888
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

A4KT in California

Just over three & a half days to go at the time of posting....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125370015...EAAOSwEuxiqRJw
Old 18 June 2022, 18:46   #1889
kriz

Woah $5000 ?
Old 25 June 2022, 10:49   #1890
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
Just over three & a half days to go at the time of posting....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125370015...EAAOSwEuxiqRJw
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
Woah $5000 ?
WOW ! !

She finally went for $8,600.99......
Old 25 June 2022, 16:09   #1891
Leon Besson
Banned

Anyone got a time machine?!
Old 29 June 2022, 11:08   #1892
dreadnought

Here in Poland the latest trend is trying to sell "sets/bundles" , as in, an Amiga + some stuff = heavily marked up price. This guy has one of these too, but it's his auction for Pi400 with PiMiga SD card that really takes things too far. He's asking ~190E for it, which considering that you can get a Pi400 for about 100E here makes that SD card a real bargain...
Old 29 June 2022, 17:03   #1893
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Here in Poland the latest trend is trying to sell "sets/bundles" , as in, an Amiga + some stuff = heavily marked up price. This guy has one of these too, but it's his auction for Pi400 with PiMiga SD card that really takes things too far. He's asking ~190E for it, which considering that you can get a Pi400 for about 100E here makes that SD card a real bargain...
Yea but the problem is, good luck finding things that have become rare, especially in working condition. That's why I listed my listing as I did. For someone to buy the parts separate and build the system I did, would cost more than what I listed it for if they did it, not counting the cost of the work put in to it.

And finding systems like what I listed, is not something you find anymore.

In fact, I am considering removing my listing because the only reason I did list it was to get some funding to finish restoring three more systems I have here, two more A2000's and one A1200 desktop upgrade.

You have to consider that parts are not something that is easy to come buy in many situations now. Especially working parts.
Old 08 July 2022, 03:22   #1894
Ami_GFX

Here's an interesting A2000. Three hard drives, a Video Toaster and an AD516, all from a working environment. Workbench 3.1 that has the 1.3 colors. Untouched with original 90s hardware and software. Prices are absurdly high these days after being absurdly low for the longest time. I once bought a similar A2000 Toaster for $65 from an electronics recycler. Now they're aware of what Amigas go for these days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165567583048
Old 08 July 2022, 19:39   #1895
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
Here's an interesting A2000. Three hard drives, a Video Toaster and an AD516, all from a working environment. Workbench 3.1 that has the 1.3 colors. Untouched with original 90s hardware and software. Prices are absurdly high these days after being absurdly low for the longest time. I once bought a similar A2000 Toaster for $65 from an electronics recycler. Now they're aware of what Amigas go for these days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165567583048
I can tell you the minimum sell amount is a lot higher than that is listed as.

If you look at other auctions with toasters, they are double that in most cases.

The system I listed (see below in the thread for my post) is a system that I tried to list for close to what it cost to restore and upgrade it in most ways possible. And the amount I listed it for, covers basically all the costs for that system when you consider the rarity of what I put in it and the costs of each item.

Mine probably won't sell at this point. The market has dried up huge. Last year you were lucky to even win a built working system. This year with inflation and all the other bullshit going on, no one is buying.

Once this auction is ended for my item, I am pulling it and it goes into storage. And once again it will sit unused. Sad, because I have 3 other systems I need parts for to restore, which is what I decided to sell it for.. money to complete those other systems. Now they too will be on hold.. Maybe someday people will again be interested.. but I am getting to the point, I wonder if the Amiga has seen its best days even with its current users and interest.

Oh well, if nothing else, I have my two main systems I use plus this one I am trying to sell.. so for decades, I should at least have one system that works and a backup now. lol
Old 19 July 2022, 17:59   #1896
Leon Besson
Banned

Jees Mangs! Is this seller on something?!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125423394...mis&media=COPY

Really!
Old 19 July 2022, 18:04   #1897
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Jees Mangs! Is this seller on something?!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125423394...mis&media=COPY

Really!
Dang... and to think I was trying to sell a full system with an 030, CF booting 3.2, updated KS and other features for $2000... And this guy wants that for a basic card?
Old 19 July 2022, 18:29   #1898
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakie View Post
Dang... and to think I was trying to sell a full system with an 030, CF booting 3.2, updated KS and other features for $2000... And this guy wants that for a basic card?
I know right? Bromigo! And it’s not even a good accelerator card either!
Old 20 July 2022, 17:38   #1899
Ami_GFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakie View Post
I can tell you the minimum sell amount is a lot higher than that is listed as.

If you look at other auctions with toasters, they are double that in most cases.

The system I listed (see below in the thread for my post) is a system that I tried to list for close to what it cost to restore and upgrade it in most ways possible. And the amount I listed it for, covers basically all the costs for that system when you consider the rarity of what I put in it and the costs of each item.

Mine probably won't sell at this point. The market has dried up huge. Last year you were lucky to even win a built working system. This year with inflation and all the other bullshit going on, no one is buying.

Once this auction is ended for my item, I am pulling it and it goes into storage. And once again it will sit unused. Sad, because I have 3 other systems I need parts for to restore, which is what I decided to sell it for.. money to complete those other systems. Now they too will be on hold.. Maybe someday people will again be interested.. but I am getting to the point, I wonder if the Amiga has seen its best days even with its current users and interest.

Oh well, if nothing else, I have my two main systems I use plus this one I am trying to sell.. so for decades, I should at least have one system that works and a backup now. lol
The A2000 sold for minimum bid. I think that the demand for rebuilt and refurbished Amigas isn't as great as that for untouched vintage ones like this. One thing is that a lot of the buyers really want to do the rebuilding themselves. Another is that some people will buy an Amiga like this that had been maxed out back in the day just for all the cards inside of it. They can take what they want out of it and sell off the rest.

I wasn't paying much attention to what Amigas were selling for for the last four years, so I'm unaware of last year's market but this year's market seems crazy enough, especially for A4000s. The A4000T that went for $8600 is just the most extreme example. The same seller sold his A4000D for $2700. I get the impression that those who made insane profits from crypto before the recent crash are looking for other things to put their money into and high end Amigas have joined real estate as one of their preferred investments. I really can't think of any other reason an A4000T would sell for that much money. I own one and admit they're the one of the best Amigas out there but I wouldn't even look at one for that kind of price.
Old 20 July 2022, 21:09   #1900
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
The A2000 sold for minimum bid. I think that the demand for rebuilt and refurbished Amigas isn't as great as that for untouched vintage ones like this. One thing is that a lot of the buyers really want to do the rebuilding themselves. Another is that some people will buy an Amiga like this that had been maxed out back in the day just for all the cards inside of it. They can take what they want out of it and sell off the rest.

I wasn't paying much attention to what Amigas were selling for for the last four years, so I'm unaware of last year's market but this year's market seems crazy enough, especially for A4000s. The A4000T that went for $8600 is just the most extreme example. The same seller sold his A4000D for $2700. I get the impression that those who made insane profits from crypto before the recent crash are looking for other things to put their money into and high end Amigas have joined real estate as one of their preferred investments. I really can't think of any other reason an A4000T would sell for that much money. I own one and admit they're the one of the best Amigas out there but I wouldn't even look at one for that kind of price.

I figured once I updated the rev 6 board and built the system out with some nice specs, it would be appealing instead of selling the parts I had one at a time.. which I could make more money doing actually. GVP 030 cards don't grow on trees.. :-)

Sadly, I also owned a really nice A4000 system... But while serving military after leaving Commodore, it was put in storage and even though it was supposed to be climate controlled, apparently not as the boards were destroyed by condensation and decay. The only thing that survived out of all the systems I had from my days at Commodore, was an A1200 and one A2000 basic machine and one 1084s Stereo monitor.

I still actually have all the parts and pieces.. but the corrosion pretty much makes it unsalvageable. Eventually I may sell the power supply, case and a few other things that came out of it but the mainboard and daughter board are not repairable.

My 2000/030 build auction is near an end so I will probably pull it and either let it sit or tear it down to parts and sell it that way maybe. I want the funds to get the parts for the 3 final machines I want to restore fully, two more A2000 HD's and another A1200.