English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 September 2021, 04:17   #41
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Im with no9. I looove SID chip but the main difference is that a Paula can sound like a SID, but a SID cant sound like a Paula.
He tries pretty hard, though
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 September 2021, 04:30   #42
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
FUCK OFF, Nishicorn. Admins, how can I Ignore this sample-hating LOSER!?!
Ok i see he got in your nerves too, he is really the one that likes to orinate in the punch at the party - discrediting retro development, bashing paula and so on - albeit in a polite and extensively detailed way but still pretty mercilessly

However paula has its personality - the way an Amiga plays its four channel samples is better than when a PC does it, and i know since i work in retro and first thing i do when i visit home is to load my mod files in my A1200 because it sounds THAT better
Old 26 September 2021, 04:36   #43
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
musicians seemed quite happy to use the same sounds over and over again, a bit like if an Amiga musician decided the ST-01 samples disk was the only set of sounds they ever needed to use.
In a way it happened, but for completely different reasons that we may think - it was about having decent samples at all to play since even a cheap sampler was still a bit expensive for some and so they did prefer to use sample rippers or 'borrow' from other mod files like i did at the beginning...
Old 26 September 2021, 05:10   #44
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Ironically i had people complaining that my music feel too 'chiptune-y', well am trying to use simple waveforms reduced samples and looping microsamples to reduce memory footprint and have in some cases a cleaner sound or a more 'duttile' one, that i can manipulate with tracker effects like here:
[ Show youtube player ]