English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 21 September 2021, 00:03   #81
quantum8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses13 View Post
Looking good!

Not sure F11 is a good choice for opening the onscreen keyboard, as on a Mac that's a default system-wide shortcut to show the desktop...

I get around this by using an app called Fluor. I've set it to when certain apps are in focus, the keyboard is switched to standard function keys and it automatically switches back to special keys when not in focus.
Old 09 October 2021, 04:26   #82
MrDBUG

Audio too fast ? i3-4170@Linux Mint 19.3

And no save for editing configs ? :-D
Old 09 October 2021, 15:38   #83
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG View Post
Audio too fast ? i3-4170@Linux Mint 19.3
I would not expect audio to be too fast unless you run a PAL game with an NTSC model or something like that. Or possibly that vsync @60Hz is forcefully enabled somehow (?) Do you have any way of checking the latter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG View Post
And no save for editing configs ? :-D
Will return

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 09 October 2021 at 23:37.
Old 17 October 2021, 05:48   #84
MrDBUG

Turning off Vsync completely instead of "Auto" did it ! :-D
Old 29 October 2021, 00:10   #85
cmunk

Hi, my very first post here

I'm trying out Launcher 4.0.104, and I cannot get UAEGFX to work. After Amiga bootup the Amiga screen goes white with a large black square in the top left part, and I then have to quit FS-UAE. If I choose, say, Picasso IV Zorro III, graphics work (just in PAL/NTSC).
I tried creating a profile from scratch, but that didn't help.

I've been using FS-UAE for years and have 3.0.5 running just fine. This is on a Mac Pro with MacOS 10.14.6.

Does anyone have an idea about this, or can lead me on how to figure it out?

Christian
Old 31 October 2021, 18:52   #86
MartinW

Apologies for what is probably a dumb question, but where are the log files on MacOS ? I'm just doing a search for `FS-UAE.log.txt` now as per the docs on GitHub but at the moment it's coming up blank on my home folder - I'm just waiting for the root search.

I'm just trying to set up my environment again after a long time away and have migrated from 3.x and nothing is starting. This is undoubtedly me not having configured something correctly yet. I get the message that warnings have been logged, hence trying to find where they have been logged so that I can investigate.

Thanks.

PS: I love the new UI - really good work.

[EDIT] So I found the log by running FS-UAE from the command line. I managed to get a config up and running that allows me to test my development project but I still can't get any of my other setups to work and I'm not really any the wiser as to why at the moment. I'll keep at it though.

Last edited by MartinW; 01 November 2021 at 03:16. Reason: Added further info
Old 01 November 2021, 23:21   #87
Marmotta

I the this new version 4.x the ppc emulation stop working... the qemu plugin is correctly installed but I have this error on my log, why?

Code:
[UAE] [000] PPC: uae_ppc_cpu_reboot
[UAE] [000] PPC: Loading QEmu implementation
[FAE] [   ] [PLUGINS] Looking up "qemu-uae"
[PLUGINS] Checking "/Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher/macOS/x86-64/qemu-uae.framework/qemu-uae"
[PLUGINS] Checking "/Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/CAPSImg/macOS/x86-64/qemu-uae.framework/qemu-uae"
[PLUGINS] Checking "/Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/QEMU-UAE/macOS/x86-64/qemu-uae.framework/qemu-uae"
[UAE] [000] DLOPEN: dlopen(/Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/QEMU-UAE/macOS/x86-64/qemu-uae.framework/qemu-uae, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Users/runner/work/qemu-uae/qemu-uae/fsdeps/_prefix/lib/libintl.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/QEMU-UAE/macOS/x86-64/QEMU-UAE.framework/QEMU-UAE
  Reason: tried: '/Users/runner/work/qemu-uae/qemu-uae/fsdeps/_prefix/lib/libintl.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libintl.dylib' (no such file)
[UAE] [000] DLOPEN: Failed to open /Users/marmotta/Documents/FS-UAE/System/QEMU-UAE/macOS/x86-64/qemu-uae.framework/qemu-uae
Error loading qemu-uae plugin

PPC: Error loading qemu-uae plugin
Edit: I run the app on macOS Monterey
Old 02 November 2021, 11:00   #88
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmunk View Post
Hi, my very first post here I'm trying out Launcher 4.0.104, and I cannot get UAEGFX to work. After Amiga bootup the Amiga screen goes white with a large black square in the top left part

Hi I'll try to see if I can easily reproduce. But it is a good idea anyway to send log files to frode@fs-uae.net (https://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
I'm just trying to set up my environment again after a long time away and have migrated from 3.x and nothing is starting.
There are some things that are not supported in FS-AE Launcher yet. Maybe that's why. See the initial posts for more information. Presumably, the problem is in the Launcher and not in FS-UAE. I recommend that you try again the latest version again in a few weeks, and if it's not sorted then, please send me the log files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmotta View Post
I the this new version 4.x the ppc emulation stop working... the qemu plugin is correctly installed but I have this error on my log, why?
... : Library not loaded: /Users/runner/work/qemu-uae/qemu-uae/fsdeps/_prefix/lib/libintl.dylib...
This is a building/packaging mistake. libintl was supposed to be linked statically, but it's not. I'll take a look at it and post an update here when I've got an updated plugin with this problem sorted!
Old 02 November 2021, 12:38   #89
MartinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
There are some things that are not supported in FS-AE Launcher yet. Maybe that's why. See the initial posts for more information. Presumably, the problem is in the Launcher and not in FS-UAE. I recommend that you try again the latest version again in a few weeks, and if it's not sorted then, please send me the log files
So, I've basically worked out that none of my machines will boot that have hard disk files. Some try to but come up with various errors in workbench that may or may not be me, but others just sit there on a black screen.

This is the same whether I run from the command line with the --config option or through the launcher. Using the command line was the only way that I could find or see any kind of logs.

If I use a folder on the host as a hard drive it will work.

I'm using an M1 Mac Mini if it matters.
Old 02 November 2021, 14:38   #90
torturedutopian

OH ! Just stumbled upon this thread and glad I did !
Gave it a try (Linux x86) and so far so good.
It seems input lag for the mouse is better than before. Still visible on the gamepad side though (on a 60 Hz screen with no VSYNC ; was definitely better with a 144 Hz screen).
Really glad to see you're still maintaining the project -- actually, it's way beyond maintaining :-)

My dream is being able to run it on a simple Raspberry with no input lag and some nice CRT-like shaders -- yeah, for this use case, I still use FPGAs but I'm sure I won't have to eventually :-)

cheers
Old 02 November 2021, 15:08   #91
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@marmotta Please try the updated https://fs-uae.net/files/QEMU-UAE/St..._x86-64.tar.xz

@MartinW It's probably just broken during rewrite. I'll post here when I've tested and fixed the problem

@torturedutopian It works quite nicely on Raspberry Pi 4 - especially when overclocked to2 GHz (the Pi 400 is great for this, allowing 2 GHz with built-in passive cooling). I haven't tested with shaders yet (since FS-UAE 4 does not support it at the moment), so I'm not sure if the Pi will be powerful enough for fancy shaders in addition to running the emulation at full speed. I can create a new thread with links a build for Raspberry Pi 4 + some additional useful information.
Old 02 November 2021, 19:35   #92
MartinW

Quote:
@MartinW It's probably just broken during rewrite. I'll post here when I've tested and fixed the problem
No problem - it does what I need for now anyway and I'll give the 3.1 release a try later.

Nice work as always.
Old 03 November 2021, 00:08   #93
Marmotta

Quote:
Ok! Now QEMU work

But... UAEGfx is on not working state, or is only my issue? I have a guru loop on boot
Old 03 November 2021, 02:17   #94
MartinW

OK, I finally worked out my issues and as expected they were all on me! It's what happens when you copy your HDF back from a MiSTer system. You forget that for the graphics MiSTer != UAEGFX and also after resolving that one, it was trying to mount the mister internal SD card as a share which was making it look like it had crashed / hung.

So with that out of the way I have a couple of observations which you may or may not already know about. Neither are a real problem particularly for me at the moment.

1. On RTG, if I try to go above 1024x768 (4:3) or 960x540 (16:9) resolution the display becomes a corrupt white square towards the top left. I think someone else mentioned this as a symptom some posts back but may not have realised that lower resolutions work just fine.

2. OS4.1 - QEMU (or something) doesn't appear to work for me on Apple Silicon M1. This doesn't just apply to v4, I couldn't get it to work on the updated v3.1 either. It's been a long time since I've tried to use this setup so I could easily be at fault again here.

OS4.1 would be really nice to see how that performs when it eventually works as it always used to stress my old machine (a 2017 MBPro) so much it was a horrible experience and I didn't end up using it. Maybe with the M1 chip and the almost silent fan it might be a usable system, that would be very cool.
Old 12 November 2021, 14:08   #95
cmunk

Quote:
Hi I'll try to see if I can easily reproduce. But it is a good idea anyway to send log files to frode@fs-uae.net (https://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed)
Thanks. I have sent you log files via mail.
Also, I like the new GUI very much!

Christian
Old 04 December 2021, 23:18   #96
redmelons

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1
FS-UAE Launcher 3.1.59 detects my generic USB joystick (gamepad).
FS-UAE Launcher 4.0.109 does not detect any joystick.
Old 04 December 2021, 23:57   #97
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmelons View Post
Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1
FS-UAE Launcher 3.1.59 detects my generic USB joystick (gamepad).
FS-UAE Launcher 4.0.109 does not detect any joystick.
It will probably work when I push a new FS-UAE 4.0.x build (soon); then it gets the same updated SDL version as the latest 3.1.x builds
Old 06 December 2021, 03:51   #98
remowilliams

Was just trying out FS-UAE 4.0.66 on Ubuntu 21.10 on my retro NUC with its eGPU and it seems to be working quite nicely

Two questions:

- Is there a way to enable scanlines or shaders? I've been trying scanline and shader parameters in the config file I have for an A1200 and I can't seem to get either to work.

- Is there a way to turn off the borders with six led/indicators?
Old 07 December 2021, 03:05   #99
MrDBUG

Any chance Floppybridge with Greaseweazle gets support soon ? :-D
Old 30 December 2021, 13:05   #100
OlafSch

Quote:
It will probably work when I push a new FS-UAE 4.0.x build (soon); then it gets the same updated SDL version as the latest 3.1.x builds
Hi

I have just uploaded my distribution (based in Aros 68k) and get answers how to run it in FS-UAE. Up to now I have not managed it myself. I read that it is working with FS-UAE 4 but not with FS-UAE 3 as long JIT is activated. How is the situation? When will 4 be ready for public?