English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 February 2015, 02:06   #1
grhmhome

[Solved] Issues running James Pond 2 OCS-ECS on NTSC A500

Hello, I bought a copy of James Pond 2 for my Amiga 500 (512k + 512 slow ram), but it wont work (corrupt), so I copied a Skidrow cracked version instead. The problem is that the Skidrow version of Jamespond 2 works; well sort of. I'm unable to use the fire button. I can press the esc key to reset, but only that. I can play the cracked version with out any issues on Amiga Forever (with NTSC screen settings). I don't know what to do. I tried finding different cracks, but with no avail. I don't know what to do.

Were you able to get James Pond 2 to run on a NTSC Amiga without issues, and what version/settings did you use?

Thanks,

grhmhome.

Edit:

Specs: NTSC Amiga with 1MB of total ram. 512k + 512k slowram (trapdoor ram). I also have a Commodore 1084 Monitor (RGB).
I have a few controllers. Spectravideo and a genesis controllers (6 buttons). I've tested both, but I also have a 3 button genesis controller.

What happens when I load the floppy image:

The trainer screen pops up: I click to continue, then the screen flickers with blue and orange lines on a black screen. Afterwards, the screen will play the intro, but I cannot press the fire button. I can press esc. I can watch the game, but I cant play it. There is sound, but I cant do anything, but press esc. I'd like to enjoy this game on my A500, but I cant since I'm having these issues.

Last edited by grhmhome; 09 February 2015 at 07:57.

Old 08 February 2015, 09:01   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

try to plug second mouse in joystick port, you will know if it s game
or joypad problem
Old 08 February 2015, 10:15   #3
grhmhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
try to plug second mouse in joystick port, you will know if it s game
or joypad problem
Will do. I just need to fire up my Amiga.

Edit: I'm trying a flashtro cracked version, but when I tried using the mouse, I had the same problem with not getting passed the intro. I'm going to try the genesis controller now.
The cracked version is taking ages to load, so I'm going to assume no, that it wont work. Odd, because I'm able to run James Pond 2 with the same settings on Amiga Forever and play with no problems.

Last edited by grhmhome; 08 February 2015 at 10:50.

Old 09 February 2015, 00:39   #4
clenched

James_Pond_2_-_Codename_RoboCod_(1991)(Millennium)[cr_SR].zip works fine on my A500 using Wico bat handle joystick. Swapping mouse and joystick was sufficient to skip screens but LMB won't lift Pond that way.
Old 09 February 2015, 07:26   #5
grhmhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
James_Pond_2_-_Codename_RoboCod_(1991)(Millennium)[cr_SR].zip works fine on my A500. Swapping mouse and joystick was sufficient to skip screens but LMB won't lift Pond that way.
I'll try that.

Edit: I got it to work. I was using a Amiga/Atari Mouse port that I had connected to one of my joystick ports, and I was using that for mouse/joystick, but I plugged directly to my Amiga, and I was able to get it to work. Thanks.

Last edited by grhmhome; 09 February 2015 at 08:26. Reason: added content