English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 29 November 2016, 00:16   #61
RussDCA

Again, that advice was just the ticket. I had the bsdsocket option checked (Disabled, but checked). Unchecking that gave me a clean successful install.

Thank you.

I guess I have one final question, without the use of directory hard drives & the bsdsocket; do you have any hints for getting my other software onto there?

Kind regards, Russell.

Old 29 November 2016, 21:42   #62
TenLeftFingers

Last time I checked, it wasn't possible for the PPC emulation on linux. Has that changed? I would likely buy a copy of OS4.1 FE if I could be confident it would work via emulation.
Old 29 November 2016, 22:41   #63
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Last time I checked, it wasn't possible for the PPC emulation on linux. Has that changed? I would likely buy a copy of OS4.1 FE if I could be confident it would work via emulation.
It worked on Linux from the start (when FS-UAE first supported it). I run AmigaOS 4.1 FE via FS-UAE on Linux myself.
Old 29 November 2016, 22:46   #64
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussDCA View Post
I guess I have one final question, without the use of directory hard drives & the bsdsocket; do you have any hints for getting my other software onto there?

Kind regards, Russell.
Easiest way is probably to create a .hdf (formatted with OFS/FFS), use it as a second shares files HD, and share it with a classic WB configuration (where you can for example copy files between a directory hard drive and this .hdf).

(Alternatively, you can use A2065 emulation and set up networking)
Old 30 November 2016, 02:46   #65
TenLeftFingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It worked on Linux from the start (when FS-UAE first supported it). I run AmigaOS 4.1 FE via FS-UAE on Linux myself.
Amazing news, thank you!
Old 30 November 2016, 15:22   #66
TenLeftFingers

Just the classic version runs on UAE or the 'standard' version too?
Old 30 November 2016, 23:13   #67
RussDCA

Worked a charm. Thanks again Frode

Old 11 December 2016, 14:27   #68
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Just the classic version runs on UAE or the 'standard' version too?
Yes, you need AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic
Old 29 January 2017, 09:48   #69
Fabbe112

Some questions from a newbie (I left this platform in the late 90's).

I own a mid-2011 iMac (16 GB RAM) and I'm thinking of installing OS 4.1 if possible.

How do I get the necessary ROM-files - are they available on Amiga Forever?

Can I run old 680x0-software using CyberstormPPC-emulation?

Old 29 January 2017, 12:43   #70
amigafreak68k

For classic amiga roms, you can buy Amiga Forever. For the Cyberstorm ROMs look at the Zone for expansion roms
Old 29 January 2017, 12:46   #71
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The most recent Amiga Forever version(s) also include the CyberStorm PPC ROM and Picasso IV ROM, so will get everything you need from that package (Plus or Premium, not Value).
Old 25 February 2017, 04:27   #72
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Is the config needed? As options set in GUI .iso images/ hard drives and kickstart are all selected/done anyway.

Or is the config still needed due to restart ?

I can't get to Welcome screen, after i set SCSI options as screenshot. I restart and it boots directly to AmigaDOS, almost like its booting directly to empty hard drive, or falling back.. due to not bootable cd mage image or something, ( this i cannot believe either as I bought Amiga 4.1 FE from website). Perhaps i'm over looking something ?

I set as per the screenshot exactly and reset FS-UAE. and no "welcome screen" (attached log)

Quote:
The most recent Amiga Forever version(s) also include the CyberStorm PPC ROM and Picasso IV ROM, so will get everything you need from that package (Plus or Premium, not Value).

Actually Value does include these... perhaps it's not on the disc ? (i havan't got the physical package yet but i did purchase the value edition) and the rom is included in the downloadable plus file. (villagetronic-picasso-iv-74.rom)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fs-uae.log.txt.zip (12.7 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by amiga_Forever; 25 February 2017 at 05:40.
Old 08 March 2017, 00:32   #73
cmsj

Has anyone run into issues with 4.1FE not properly responding to mouse clicks in FS-UAE?
Old 10 May 2017, 19:10   #74
methodman

I am installing Amiga OS4 with Krzysztof Radzikowski's book anhd everything goes fine until I get to page 80 where I am supposed to have an accelerator card option. I do get a scuzzy which causes the RDB Scsi-2 option to appear but I don't get a choice of an accelerator card. Is the QEMU an additional download or am I missing something. Is there a way to send config files up to EAB?
Old 10 May 2017, 19:12   #75
methodman

When I get to running the OS I get an error one of the following roms is required Cybersrotm PPC and it continually gives me that error. Thanks
Old 10 May 2017, 19:15   #76
methodman

Then it follows with please insert Volume Amiga OS 4.1 in any drive. I thought I had set it up to read a cd disk drive. What am I missing?
Old 14 May 2017, 13:54   #77
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodman View Post
When I get to running the OS I get an error one of the following roms is required Cybersrotm PPC and it continually gives me that error. Thanks
You need to rename to Cyberstormppc.rom and take out of rest of the file name.

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au/20...-uae-2529.html ..

Instructions are no longer on FS-UAE website, but linked to above one, from there I found
Old 31 May 2017, 08:46   #78
julianfitter

Quote:
Easiest way is probably to create a .hdf (formatted with OFS/FFS), use it as a second shares files HD, and share it with a classic WB configuration (where you can for example copy files between a directory hard drive and this .hdf).

(Alternatively, you can use A2065 emulation and set up networking)
Hi,

After many years I am hoping to be an Amiga user again. I have managed to install Amiga OS 4.1 in FS-UAE on my Mac, but I am having some problems.

Installation is complete and WB is working well, my next job is networking. I cannot for the life of me work out how to transfer the files required to the Amiga. Every time I try to use a folder HDD, the system boots to shell instead of WB.

Can you help point me in the correct direction???

Thanks in advance

Old 31 May 2017, 09:08   #79
cmsj

Hey

I can't remember if FS-UAE exposes boot priority options, but look for that stuff and make sure you're shared folder isn't marked as bootable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianfitter View Post
Hi,

After many years I am hoping to be an Amiga user again. I have managed to install Amiga OS 4.1 in FS-UAE on my Mac, but I am having some problems.

Installation is complete and WB is working well, my next job is networking. I cannot for the life of me work out how to transfer the files required to the Amiga. Every time I try to use a folder HDD, the system boots to shell instead of WB.

Can you help point me in the correct direction???

Thanks in advance
Old 31 May 2017, 16:39   #80
julianfitter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried booting up with both mouse buttons and changing the boot order, but I then get an error (something like will not work with UAE).

I am totally confused by this shared hard drive. I just pointed FS-UAE at a directory instead of a file, maybe I am doing this wrong. I could do with an idiots guide if anybody knows where one exists??

Thanks again