English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 04 March 2023, 19:51   #1
svabos

Retroarch support

Recently I've been playing with retroarch emulation of Amiga on my android phone Samsung S10 and on Nintendo WiiU and I can confirm that both work great with it's PUAE core! I've tested few WHDLoad games, namely:
Banshee AGA
Fire and ice CD32
Realms

emulation needs some adjustment but after not so hard setup they all work flawlessly on both devices

Now the problem:
touchscreen on both devices can't be used as mouse

Is here anyone who knows how to program and is willing to look into the support to solve issue of using touch screen as mouse? My wish is that it should be solved to work same as in SCUMMVM (sliding over touch screen pushes mouse cursor in the direction of sliding)

Here's the link to the issue on github:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/11191

help?

Last edited by svabos; 05 March 2023 at 06:47.
Old 05 March 2023, 05:16   #2
giantclam

Not retroarch's jimney really ~ that input layer support needs to be added to libretro-puae first =)
Old 06 March 2023, 13:16   #3
sonninnos
Commodork

Nope, not a core issue. Touch as mouse works on Android here without doing anything.
Old 06 March 2023, 22:36   #4
svabos

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantclam View Post
Not retroarch's jimney really ~ that input layer support needs to be added to libretro-puae first =)
After contacting PUAE tim, they have confirmed that PUAE supports touchscreen to mimic mouse and it works fine on my android phone but it doesn't on WiiU (reason why it didn't work on android before was that the Retroarch from google play store is old and haven't been updated fir a while)

So, touchscreen works in PUAE core, only thing needed now is that someone with programing skills enable WiiU touchscreen in retroarch.
Any good soul with those skills here who could try to solve it? Here's the thread:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/11191