English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 03 January 2023, 14:40   #1
jmulder88

Launching games from Launcher using command line

Hi guys, I guess it's easy enough to boot games from the command line using FS-UAE's own exe, but can it be done with the launcher? Specifically for the game configs that are pre-made from the OpenRetro database? I found something online about using the UUID but this would be quite tricky to do with a front-end like emulation station. If I pass the file name on the command line to either fs-uae or the launcher exe will it use the configs? Or do I have to have my own config file on the local machine?

EDIT - further question, from looking at some of the game pages on OpenRetro it seems that the UUID for all the variants of a game are the same - at least they all have the same "parent_UUID" which makes sense. Are there unique UUIDs for the variants? If not, which variant is chosen by the launcher when passing the UUID over the command line if more than one is available?

Never mind I worked this last bit out, the variant ID is in the page URL :-D

Last edited by jmulder88; 03 January 2023 at 14:55.
Old 03 January 2023, 16:38   #2
jmulder88

Just in case I wasn't clear in my question (little worried I may not have been!), basically I would just like to know if the relevant config from the OpenRetro configs is used when booting a game using the Launcher from the command line with its filename (NOT the UUID). I am trying to use FS-UAE and the Launcher from a frontend and if the relevant config file is not loaded then I would need to get tricky.
Old 06 January 2023, 13:36   #3
ztronzo

Interesting.. would need to specify version and variant somehow too.. maybe Frode has already an option for this?
Not everything is documented for FS-UAE but you can often dig in the open source code and discover cool things like this.. another way in theory would be to build your own front end to fetch the configuration of first available match from the open retro database.. I hope you get a response on this