English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 February 2023, 12:03   #1
Ariath

Problems mapping keys and buttons to gamepad

Hi, i'm configuring FS-UAE in the Playnite launcher and some of the mappings i set in the command line options doesn't seem to work.

For example, i have this set in the emulator launch command line:
"{ImagePath}" --fullscreen=1 --joystick_0_lstick_button=action_mouse_0_right --joystick_0_rstick_button=action_mouse_0_left

What i want to achieve is mapping the mouse right click and left click to the specified joystick buttons, but when i launch a game, and the cracktro appears, i'm unable to pass it pressing the mapped buttons (pressing the real mouse left button works).

Also, i want to map the gamepad start button to the F12 key in order to open the emulator menu with that gamepad button, i have not found any F12 or "menu" action in https://fs-uae.net/docs/input-actions .

I'm using the latest FS-UAE build (just downloaded it).

Any clues?
Old 24 February 2023, 13:12   #2
Ariath

No idea? Nobody? :|
Old 29 March 2023, 17:20   #3
Jerry

For me mapping joystick events to keyboard events only worked after the joystick was correctly detected. Look out for something similar to this in your log.

Code:
[INPUT] Config name "xbox_360_controller_11_6_1_0_windows"
get system config for device: xbox_360_controller_11_6_1_0_windows
read config for xbox_360_controller_11_6_1_0_windows for universal (from C:/Users/XXX/Documents/FS-UAE/Controllers\xbox_360_controller_11_6_1_0_windows.conf)
For me, there was no correct mapping available (using PS3 pad over Bluetooth simulating a XBOX 360 pad). So I copied a different XBOX 360 pad config and renamed it according to the name searched for in the log.

Also I needed to copy it to my user directory: C:/Users/XXX/Documents/FS-UAE/Controllers
Old 04 May 2023, 08:12   #4
ztronzo

I suggest using an .fs-uae configuration file instead of stuffing all options in a command line, this would be more practical and efficient for future modifications.

Now to understanding the following syntax: joystick_0_rstick_button=action_mouse_0_left
This would allow the 1st found controller on your computer (no matter what is selected in FS-UAE) to use the Rstick button to move your mouse cursor left (not the left mouse button).

Left button for mouse is the primary button of port 0, same as joystick primary fire button for 2nd player.
Most cracktros also need to see a real mouse device on port 0, so port 0 may also need to be set to mouse mode.

joystick_port_0_mode=mouse
Using this row in your configuration would set port 0 to mouse mode - needed for most cracktros,
alternatively you can map an extra key or button to the action: action_joyport_0_mode_mouse
and then bring it back to joystick mode (for 2player games) by mapping a key or button to action: action_joyport_0_mode_djoy

joystick_0_lstick_button=action_joy_0_fire_button
joystick_0_rstick_button=action_joy_0_2nd_button
These would map only the 1st found controller on your computer to mouse port click left and mouse port left/right buttons
As an alternative, you can map only the controller set on the emulator port 1 (will read only player 1 joystick) using:
joystick_port_1_controller_lstick_button=action_joy_0_fire_button
joystick_port_1_controller_rstick_button=action_joy_0_2nd_button

Now if you need to be able to fully control the mouse with one of the sticks of the dual stick controller, this is also possible and I have done it for settlers, cannon fodder and lemmings in my front-end for FS-UAE