English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 14 October 2020, 01:06   #21
ransom1122

Yes afaik the box was not branded oziosft, it was that original black looking box that is shown in boxcovers in hol. Well that's how I remember buying it
Old 15 October 2020, 15:46   #22
Fiery Phoenix

If you need this testing - happy to help. Have to set up my Amiga though - been a while as emulation all the way at present

Last edited by Fiery Phoenix; 02 February 2022 at 14:51.
Old 15 October 2020, 16:28   #23
Radertified

I'm happy to test every version, just in case it's the right one. That said, I don't want you having to setup your Amiga just for this. It's honestly probably the exact same version that was previously uploaded
Old 15 October 2020, 17:15   #24
Fiery Phoenix

No probs, any change let me know buddy.
Old 18 October 2020, 21:22   #25
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
As for the existence of a standalone Ozisoft release, I can 100% confirm there is one. I owned it. Well, I own it. It's at my parent's place, stashed somewhere along with all of my other games. Unfortunately it's all inaccessible at the moment which is why I'm turning to the Internet for assistance
I don't think it was a custom Ozisoft box though. I think it might've just been an Ozisoft sticker put onto a regular box. That's where my memory becomes hazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Yes afaik the box was not branded oziosft, it was that original black looking box that is shown in boxcovers in hol. Well that's how I remember buying it
Yes, there was no dedicated standalone release of Karate Kid 2 by Ozi Soft (as per Test Drive) AFAIR. I probably have an original copy of KK2 distributed by Ozi Soft packed in a box somewhere, but the one I have on the bookshelf atm is unknown in origin and may well be from the U.S. or UK....so best to stick with the copy from the Ozi Soft Winners compilation.

Anyway, I have just upped an extended ADF of KK2 from the Winners compilation to the Zone. Happy playtesting!
Old 18 October 2020, 21:36   #26
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
I have an IPF of Karate Kid II. Simply PM me.
Old 18 October 2020, 22:08   #27
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Denis
Thanks mate, I'll send you an email when I get a chance. BTW congrats to you & your wife on the birth of your first child!
Old 18 October 2020, 23:38   #28
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
@Denis
Thanks mate, I'll send you an email when I get a chance. BTW congrats to you & your wife on the birth of your first child!
Thanks !
Old 19 October 2020, 17:48   #29
Radertified

Quote:
Yes, there was no dedicated standalone release of Karate Kid 2 by Ozi Soft (as per Test Drive) AFAIR. I probably have an original copy of KK2 distributed by Ozi Soft packed in a box somewhere, but the one I have on the bookshelf atm is unknown in origin and may well be from the U.S. or UK....so best to stick with the copy from the Ozi Soft Winners compilation.

Anyway, I have just upped an extended ADF of KK2 from the Winners compilation to the Zone. Happy playtesting!
Thanks DrBong!

I've tested it and unfortunately the ADF is broken. Same as "Karate Kid Part II, The (1987)(Microdeal)[b startup-sequence, type kk][extended adf] (CRC: 0xE25D0013)". Once you get to the final encounter, the game freezes.

That said, I know my way around this game in WinUAE's debugger so I managed to get the game to load the final encounter and, same problem as all other versions. Regardless of whether or not you do the drum properly, you get "Just in time - you saved the day".

I'm willing to mark this as my memory being wrong and there was no fixed version.

Thanks to everyone that helped!
Old 19 October 2020, 18:01   #30
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Radertified
Mystery solved, I guess! Even though it was one of his early Amiga games, it's surprisingly sloppy of Steve Bak that the game cannot be finished in normal circumstances. Maybe Ross or Galahad can knock up a bugfixed ADF and/or bugfix the Karate Kid 2 WHD installer.
Old 19 October 2020, 18:29   #31
Radertified

Quote:
@Radertified
Mystery solved, I guess! Even though it was one of his early Amiga games, it's surprisingly sloppy of Steve Bak that the game cannot be finished in normal circumstances. Maybe Ross or Galahad can knock up a bugfixed ADF and/or bugfix the Karate Kid 2 WHD installer.
It can be finished, just with the incorrect ending when you lose

My WHDLoad slave is almost done. It solves the text problems (I've outlined them here), has trainer, etc. I've just been lazy and it's been sitting there for months. One of these days I'll finish it.
As for an ADF, maybe one day I'll add trainer and fixes to that too, but if I'm too lazy to finish the slave, I doubt I'll ever get to this so if anyone else wants to tackle it, go for it
Old 19 October 2020, 19:50   #32
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Radertified
Yes, I saw your original thread about the WHDLoad version. I'm sure Bert would welcome your bugfixed + trained update of the KK2 patch! If you finish it, I could easily one-disk your WHD version and knock up a usable bugfixed ADF that way. Think about finishing off the WHD update when you get a chance....obviously there are a few peeps in this thread who'd love it if you did!
Old 20 October 2020, 00:34   #33
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
It can be finished, just with the incorrect ending when you lose

My WHDLoad slave is almost done. It solves the text problems (I've outlined them here), has trainer, etc. I've just been lazy and it's been sitting there for months. One of these days I'll finish it.
As for an ADF, maybe one day I'll add trainer and fixes to that too, but if I'm too lazy to finish the slave, I doubt I'll ever get to this so if anyone else wants to tackle it, go for it
No need for that. I have used the cheatcode on the IPF i made. It appears that all the stages works on my version .
Old 20 October 2020, 03:04   #34
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
No need for that. I have used the cheatcode on the IPF i made. It appears that all the stages works on my version .
I've tested the IPF. It has the same "bug" that I've outlined. Always "Just in time - you saved the day" at the end when the drum appears.
Old 20 October 2020, 19:22   #35
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
I've tested the IPF. It has the same "bug" that I've outlined. Always "Just in time - you saved the day" at the end when the drum appears.
what bug is it ? I never met it during my test. Can you explain more ?

This game is CRAP'n'RUBBISH st port, and it has NO ending. Just the sentence "Just in time - you saved the day", and then the game load the hiscore page, so that you enter your name. And that's it.
Old 20 October 2020, 22:01   #36
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Denis
Read the last bit of Radertified's first post in this thread:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97735
Old 20 October 2020, 22:18   #37
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
@Denis
Read the last bit of Radertified's first post in this thread:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97735
I did. Karate Kid II has no ending. Just the sentence Radertified wrote.

Simply Press 'P' to pass the levels as cheat. You'll pass all of them, and in the end, you'll got bring to the highscore page.

and that's it.

Now any whdload coder can prove me wrong by searching checksums protection on this game failing.

*EDIT*

1) KarateKid II is a game made to run on Amiga 500 KS1.3 512kb of chip.

Here are the points given by Radertified :

Karate Kid II is missing the following:

- The first opening screen (before the loading screen) is not there. This one: https://i.imgur.com/eAXKYAP.png

=> present in my IPF and in my CTRAW file

- Before each level, you're supposed to see the level name. This is missing. Example: https://i.imgur.com/byrfgTF.png

- After each level, you're supposed to see how many bonus points you scored. This is missing. Example: https://i.imgur.com/FDt6Qdi.png

- After the second round of the ice breaking bonus level, you're supposed to see how many points you scored. This is missing. Only the first round is shown. Example: https://i.imgur.com/LSE5McK.png

=> present in my IPF and in my CTRAW file, on each bonus round.

And one more which I'm not sure is a bug or not.

After the final encounter when you beat Chozen, the drum begins. Regardless of what you do, you will always get the message "JUST IN TIME - YOU SAVED THE DAY", even if you don't do anything.
I tried various ADFs and they do the same thing. I can't recall if my original did that (it's been decades), so I can't say if this is how the game always was, or if it's a bug, but I feel like it should say something else if he ends up punching you before you punch him.

=> you need to beat the shit out of the last guy, however, there is something incredibly stupid done by BAK : the game requires you to quickly press left and right alternatively, there is some luck going on.

So all the missing things reported, i wonder which file you use, and which Amiga config in Winuae ?

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 20 October 2020 at 22:35.
Old 20 October 2020, 22:32   #38
Radertified

@dlfrsilver:

What you see is a bug in the game. There's no failing checksums (I've looked).

Regardless of whether or not you do the drum properly at the end, it says "Just in time - you saved the day". It's meant to say "You lost everything but your score" if you don't do the drum properly. I've verified this on the ST version.

There's nothing wrong with your IPF or most of the ADFs that are circulating. The game simply has that bug.
Old 20 October 2020, 22:52   #39
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Here are the screenshots in archive :

https://we.tl/t-TZEn2L4sug

If you don't get those with the IPF, then your winuae config has something wrong.

I'm using cycle exact config.
Old 20 October 2020, 23:03   #40
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
@dlfrsilver:

What you see is a bug in the game. There's no failing checksums (I've looked).

Regardless of whether or not you do the drum properly at the end, it says "Just in time - you saved the day". It's meant to say "You lost everything but your score" if you don't do the drum properly. I've verified this on the ST version.

There's nothing wrong with your IPF or most of the ADFs that are circulating. The game simply has that bug.
What are you supposed to get ? I don't have the ST version handy.