English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 03 October 2003, 02:17   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Smile Block Out (published by Rainbow Arts!)

Hi!

Does anyone happen to have this?

No, I'm not blind. There are NINE similar versions now in TOSEC.
And guess what, none of them is published by Rainbow Arts! Trust me ... albeit the TOSEC name says so: it's incorrect.

*ALL* the TOSEC versions are versions by California Dreams/Electronic Arts. And they are non-European, or at least, non-German versions.

But there must exist an Amiga version with an originally GERMAN manual: you can see it in this "Legacy" goodies screenshot.
I also think that RA always use the RA logo in their games when it's published by them. The RA logo isn't anywhere in the cracks, nor in the CAPS version.

The german version ONLY was published by Rainbow Arts.
Also the covers are different.
The CAPS release too is only the original representative of the non-RA version.
Old 06 October 2003, 15:12   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

What makes you think that the Rainbow Arts release is a German-only release? I thought possibly it was a European release including the UK (although if you or anyone else has evidence to suggest otherwise, then I would be curious to know). Here in Australia I've only ever seen the California Dreams release.

I've seen Block Out advertised in Rainbow Arts catalogues I've got here in English. The box front pictured is simply the California Dreams version rebadged. It could be that the Rainbow Arts and California Dreams disk releases of Block Out are identical, with the docs and rebadged box being the only differences.
Old 06 October 2003, 16:16   #3
fiath

Interesting... Although other contributors dumped it, that CAPS release was dumped from the original I have - I am pretty sure the box/disk says Rainbow Arts... Perhaps they just didn't put their logo in the game on that version?
Old 06 October 2003, 18:15   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
I am pretty sure the box/disk says Rainbow Arts... Perhaps they just didn't put their logo in the game on that version?
That's my hunch.....
Old 07 October 2003, 17:17   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Interesting... Although other contributors dumped it, that CAPS release was dumped from the original I have - I am pretty sure the box/disk says Rainbow Arts... Perhaps they just didn't put their logo in the game on that version?
Perhaps ... but that would be sort of a strange coincidence!
Whereas they did this in each and every game.

In any case, thanks for your reactions.
Methinks (strongly!) that California Dreams and Rainbow Arts are two different things.

But again: DO TAKE a look at the different box covers!
There *must* be at least two different boxes out there!

Box 1 : (Exotica) (*NO* RA logo on the box!)

Box 2 (The Legacy) (*WITH* RA logo on the box!)

Hah!

Last edited by andreas; 07 October 2003 at 17:27.
Old 07 October 2003, 17:44   #6
fiath

Well that solves it then

I have The Legacy (Rainbow Arts) box (but not all of the contents is seems ), and since the CAPS release is from that...

(You know, I would be interested to see the California Dreams version, so if anybody has it...)
Old 07 October 2003, 18:04   #7
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
(You know, I would be interested to see the California Dreams version, so if anybody has it...)
I have a cracked version of the California Dreams version just say the word and i'll upload it to the zone
Old 07 October 2003, 20:21   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

LOL
If you read the first post in this thread, you'll see that I mentioned that there are dozens in TOSEC, therefore I bet no one needs them
It's the ORIGINAL BOX of the California Dreams version that's sought after, no ugly cracks puhleeze
Old 07 October 2003, 20:43   #9
haynor666
retro maniac

... besides California Dreams version is already in Tosec.
Old 07 October 2003, 23:12   #10
fiath

Yes, I meant the original - so we can get an image.
Old 08 October 2003, 00:44   #11
andreas
Zone Friend

Evil grin

@haynor everybody knows
you too didn't read the first post in this thread
Old 08 October 2003, 06:15   #12
haynor666
retro maniac

Old 08 October 2003, 12:30   #13
plasmatron
Zone Friend

If i remember was the RAINBOW ARTS release just a low budget release.
I think the RAINBOW ARTS version was also released for an AMIGA FUN Cover Disk around 1992.
Old 09 October 2003, 12:25   #14
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally posted by plasmatron
If i remember was the RAINBOW ARTS release just a low budget release.
No, otherwise it would have been released on their(?) budget label, Highlights, like a number of other Rainbow Arts games.

The catalogue I have clearly shows that they released Block Out in Europe and that it was exactly like the California Dreams box except for their logo in the corner (as shown on The Legacy web site- see link above).
Old 04 May 2011, 22:18   #15
s2325
Zone Friend

translated with translate.pl

Conversation news with miroslaw Zabłockim about firm retro Karen and we wrote case (together; time) game already BlockOut. Conversation plays with one of framer today it game. Foreign enterprise has started activity in poland in 1983 year " " Karen. There was firm for necessary < belong > Logical Design Works, Inc. With headquarters (seat) in (to) in california san jose, was owner which (who) daniel Lucjan Wencel, american businessman of polish origin. Firm is associated (is joined) for many with 8 bit computers mainly Karen Atari. So, there was official distributor of this equipment in our country Karen. But it game too Karen. And it in this firm exactly, it has emerged BlockOut, it plays in poland first make, which (who) has carried giant how (as) on time, progress on west " ".
You worked in (to) Karen, about which (who) on early firm 90. Each madcap of informatics heard almost. Firm ask remember that occupy (deal with) and tell as you hit (occur) for she (it) and it occupied in (to) that her (it). In computational center of institute of informatics already studios (studies) warsaw university (wroclaw university) near the end begin working. I was in troop later year. I have returned in 1984 year on warsaw university (wroclaw university), but there work cause , though appealing, it did not allow to survive in warsaw. It scanted on apartment wynajem and feed has become . Colleague cause from studios (studies), wojciech Kosmalski, it has suggested conversation in (to) Karen. Two basic sections had in this time Karen production of game and it cause serious " ". Serious cases included import of computer Atari, but later informatization of enterprise. Games were made access for american firm California, then it worked towards it greatest producers and distributors, mainly SSI. Imputed sheet was built (created) in gun of (section of) production of game too, I worked for computers from start at production of game standard ST. ATARI. First, if I remember be on postage of (harbors of) games " " 800 ( Phantasie Atari and relational ). You are co-author of game BlockOut, games written lasted with thought about edition (issue) on west first polish " ", and which (who) has carried great progress how (as) it on west „ ”. That it take decision in (to) Karen, try (taste) in creation of game in order to? It dealt with from start games Karen. Then, professional labor force was cheapest in poland considerably than I earned in (to) on USA warsaw university (wroclaw university) ( below $ 10, in (to) near $ 43 ) Karen, in spite of cultural differences and transmitting (rescheduling) game on other platforms other problems pay commission we. Dealt with collection of order access California. There was owner of firm Lucjan Wencel. We transmitted (reschedule) games on other platforms initially only. Orders of first-night makings of versions after some (certain) time begin obtaining (getting). First was invented idea it at we alexandra (alexander) ( ) Blockout Ustaszewskiego and idea ( ) Tunnels of Armageddon Jarka Achingera. Where from idea on game, as process of project design (projection) looked production of game and? Then, games were relatively simple. They did not compete on basic for " our " game market Karen RPG and MRPG, greatest acquaintance of literature would be wanted for such writing of script (scenario) fantasy. Now creation of game looked so as, on smallest scale only. Prototype emerged after contention of idea, if expectations work grant start. At first first-night version emerged, if effect was promising, work was begun before premiere over other versions else. There were basic platforms initially II Apple, Commodore and 800 Atari, later PC, Amiga, ST. Atari, II Apple GS. Occasionally other also. Free atmosphere reigned in our gun (section) enough, modern type Google. Who wanted, it worked in house, meetings of groups proceeded case (together; time) on week-days. When there deadlines (dates) on former headquarters (seat) gun (section) pursue group almost < law (as of right) > live ( ) Podstarościch. Former bathroom in house, couch in cellar. Both took place take advantage. What persons were to whole process involved (become involved; engaged) was what (which) distribution of task and? It worked over at cooperation of diagram (graphic artist) long enough < self-service store > ( Blockoutem Olek and sound film ), I cooperated by reason of threat of deadline (date) with (from) later them. It is important in such case of (accidentally of) game ( ) grywalność feel, whole firm worked over it. They played games on period of production not only already testerzy. In this respect worst former version in case (accidentally) on Blockouta Amigę, it has run out by players " polish ". Tests lasted from early period of production, including with (from) near the end USA testerzy, among others, it cause cultural supervising. Then, we had completely great deal foreign legal games, could compare our results with competition that (in order to). Groups were great at more complicated (elaborate) games, but majority people did not work upon game by its (her) whole period of generation. Programer was allocated on constant (solid) - Project Leader and leading diagram (graphic artist; graphics). Programer worked over one version of game simultaneously, diagram (graphic artist; graphics) over several different games. One person was from sounds. How looked promotional in that (those) times of operations? We did not deal with promotion. Games were made access for California, which (who) was sometimes subexecutive also. If it issued games independently, they dealt with also promotion, with different result. Then, for we proportions of promotional expenses and it was productive shocking. On many game platforms issued < issue (seem) >, but if commercial progress went behind (for) it, which (who) has been rearranged (has been translated) on concrete increments of firms authors and? Play < game >, if I remember, it was made versions on PC ( 3 diagram (graphics), in (to) it ) Hercules, Amigę, II Apple GS and Handy. I made version on < self-service store > Handy, it was in my opinion fairest for playing from all, but it emerge whole other history completely Handy. Distribution has been blocked in my opinion completely, at least in europe. Then, I was in paris on conference deweloperów Amigi, all when they informed , where from I am, they were wanted to inform, as buy Blockouta. It was known game, but hard available. We earned how (as) on polish conditions in (to) always well < goods (right) > Karenie, we obtained decent bonuses for participation (quota) in imitated (managed) projects. But had it with that from games common nothing percentage of profits if (or) in kind tantiem. Affectation emerge in (to) solidarity else play < game > BlockOut Karen, and probably, there was end of adventure with creation of game. Why? We worked upon games many, some was hinged (suspended) from they, if they were not promising. Near the end of such formerly great deal. Differences of cost of work have fallen off also. Problems were in second (other) gun (section) definitely too Karenu. Probably, section of production of game has been closed in year 1990. For (after) several transformations begin trading in laptop Karen. Lat (summer; year) beguile in spite of passage so many (so much), game is glad interest still. Competitions proceed for today in (to) in the world BlockOut, in lats (summers; years) else 90. complicate carry on research University of Vienna, which (who) have proven, that game considerably corrects abilities three-dimensional (spatial) wizualizacji, at children in century (age) from 10 for 14 lat (summer; year). Has managed to make game how (as) you on good truth or. There was curious firm meet (face each other) for today part of people for year 2 cases (together; times) ( ) Karen. Part of people has made big career due to experience ( e.g. tomash Sielicki if (or) bogdan ) Wiśniewski, part has left for USA ( principally ). I dealt with later many scrap of informatics, less or more curious. However, I think (consider) continuously, that making of game is pretty (beautiful) and pożyteczniejsze than they complicate economic programs. There was game play to which (who) too most any longer Blockout. Last time < last > I do not play on computer, because I spend at before and so much time. However, it beguile familiar, which (who) play for today Blockouta.

http://retrogames.pl/index.php?mod=txt&id=7201
Old 06 May 2011, 06:44   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

LOL, that's a nice lump of gibberish!

Why on earth didn't you try with Google Translate first ??
They're doing a fine job with polish now...(except for nail polish and car polish, which are still in alpha stage)

http://translate.google.com/translat...xt%26id%3D7201