English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 21 September 2007, 02:07   #1
exoticaga

WHDLoad GUI

Is there a frontend GUI for whdload ?

I installed it, bamboozled with html files that wanted web access and don't show me the web page offline. Why not a whdload.guide instructions ?

Then i asked for english install, and it went off and loaded help files for every single language, whdload has help files for.

Now i have whdload installed, i'm needing to run a frontend gui to interact quickly with whdload. To make slaves of original games disks. I run whdload tool, no use at all. No gui interface interaction.

Does there exist a whdload frontend gui for slave making et all ?

I searched all over but no frontend gui found for whdload.
Old 21 September 2007, 02:12   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

there was some talk about that, have you tried Game Base Amiga? or perhaps download the SDK from www.whdload.de

I hope its some help
Old 21 September 2007, 02:28   #3
exoticaga

GBA i though was for running the game slaves, after they are made. I will look again, just incase.

GBA Site says this
Quote:
This is the GameBase Amiga project. GameBase Amiga is a collection of data and scripts to be used with the GameBase emulator frontend. It allows you to browse games with screenshots and a lot of extra information and run them with the WinUAE Amiga emulator with ideal pre-defined settings for a hassle free playing experience.
A front end for running the games slaves after they have been made. Not a gui for the making of them.

SDK did you mean whdload dev package. If so yes nothing in them, but some script thingy that needs constant attention, i see in the read me file. Not a frontend gui at all.
Old 21 September 2007, 02:52   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Why would there be a GUI for creating WHDLoad slaves?

It's not a simple task to create a slave, you need a lot of 68k ASM experience, and to be honest if you can't get along without a GUI then you are likely to struggle to create a whdload slave.
Old 21 September 2007, 03:08   #5
exoticaga

I did it in the past have some slaves i made, but thats many eons ago. I did think then a gui would be great for whdload making.

Now i have to get to grips with it again. Will leave it until i have more time to read up on it. Unless there exists recent documentation in guide format. For the current whdload, as the html help files don't seem to work.

Or is there a way to make them work, which one is the menu page to start with. Menu page that does not need an internet connection to read them.
Old 21 September 2007, 05:21   #6
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

These romans are crazy! (tap tap tap!)
Old 21 September 2007, 08:54   #7
exoticaga

tappity-tap GUI for WHDLoad please tap-tap-tappity-tap
Old 21 September 2007, 09:54   #8
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

LMAO!

okay..... lets see if i have complete got lost here, when you mean slave install, do you mean using existing installers to create the slaves? or as KG suggests a GUI that creates them from scratch (I.E. creates installers) ?

the former wouldn`t be that hard surely ? the latter..... hmmmm.... might take a smidgeon longer
Old 21 September 2007, 21:32   #9
exoticaga

Well i forget how whdload works over the ages. And seeing as i cannot read any manuals as the html ones are of no use, need inet connection.

What i have is whdload installers, and original games. Now i need to marry them up to work. Whdload tools and all have been installed, do i need a gui for this. Or is there something i do not know. No manuals again, a guide file manual would be nice, if you have no time to explain. I did try click on whdload page docs, but that link did nothing. Didn't go anywhere from the main whdload page.

Moan: I need more time to everything i need to do. Why do we all get tired and need to sleep. It's just a time wasting life event every day its needed. Someone please make invent a cure so tiredness goes away. Then we all will have 24hrs every day, to do things needed to be done.
Old 21 September 2007, 21:41   #10
Graham Humphrey

So you have the installers for the specific games you want to install? Well run the installer script for the game you wish to install, and just follow the on-screen instructions.
Old 22 September 2007, 00:41   #11
exoticaga

Oh crap easy as that is it. I thought they were for after the game had been ripped from the disk. To put them onto hd if chosen. I keep fallin asleep, i will wait until my energy levels recover a bit. Will load the installer into multipad or other to see what its does. Gui not needed then, thats good to hear. I'm so tired ging back for some Zzzz's burned out.

Thanks for listening and putting me on the correct path. Just found it wierd no gui to begin with.

Those bloody Romans, what did they ever do for us, besides...
Old 22 September 2007, 02:07   #12
pbareges

you may consider avoiding such a pain-in-the-ass job! most of whdload available slaves in their latest version are available in pre-installed form (including image disks) in packs (to get all of the m in one shot - http://guildserver.co.uk/kgwhd/) or in single installs (http://www.whdownload.com/)...don't bother...we have a slave here dedicated to this task!!

THE ONLY REAL ENHANCEMENT YOU MAY CONSIDER : REGISTER WHDLOAD!!!
Old 22 September 2007, 11:33   #13
exoticaga

Thanks i came across the kgw one and now have them all. I realised this maybe the case after downloading them. Sure like it when others help us all out. Registered years ago, but if i cannot find that. Like i cannot find my custom made DiskMaster2 start script. NP i'll just re-register again if cannot find it, Ah! PP accepted.

btw i'm on WHDLoads Documents page cannot see a pdf, or a guide manual for download. Does a recent one exist anywhere, for downloading, for offline reading.
Old 22 September 2007, 12:58   #14
Graham Humphrey

Well, like you I would prefer a .guide file as well as an html one, but what you could do is install a web browser on your Amiga just for this purpose, or read them on your PC.
Old 23 September 2007, 03:22   #15
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
btw i'm on WHDLoads Documents page cannot see a pdf, or a guide manual for download. Does a recent one exist anywhere, for downloading, for offline reading.
The exact same documents that are on the website are in the distribution archives inside the docs folder. You don't need an internet connection to read them!
Old 23 September 2007, 09:10   #16
exoticaga

I'll have a look over on aminet for an html2guide converter. Unless i can get these html's to show their contents to me. More with it today, shouldn't take long to find out whats wrong.

Ah got it staring at me from the center of the screen. WHDLoad/Docs/en/index.html.

Next time i'm burned out i'll just go to bed and forget about everything else. Its so much easier when the body has energy, to do simple things, like looking for an index.

Last edited by exoticaga; 23 September 2007 at 09:20.
Old 23 September 2007, 16:00   #17
Dexther

http://igame.amigahellas.gr/index.html
take this e live happy
Old 23 September 2007, 20:44   #18
exoticaga

Theres a lot of front ends to choose from for cataloguing, sorting and running the games. It seems the best sollution, will have to test them. To find the one i'm happy to use. Having abilty to edit tooltypes is a big must have with these frontends. As i see the igame one can do this.

Do these front ends stay in the background during game play. If so does it impact on the game resources during gameplay. Or do they quit before gameload then restart again on game exit.