English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 08 October 2022, 12:38   #1
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Retroarch PUAE and Setting Core Option to Model CD32

How can I set the Model CD32 without the GUI, I am using RA 1.7.0 so can not use the GUI, it has a bug in it, if your using SDL1, it does not work, I can not use a different version of RA, its running on THEC64, I am trying to enable CD32 games on it, I can load games in Classic Workbench GAAE 1.3 to, it uses a uae file to load the Workbench and works fine.

Most UAE config options work in a uae file with PUAE, some options it dose in reconise but it would its not a complete emulator like WinUAE and Amiberry is.

How do I set the model to CD32 in Core Options, at the moment its loading the A1200 Floppy Disk Screen (see image below), I have added the CD32 3.1 and CD32.ext roms, I had to use a uae file to add them, I am guessing I can not added the model to the uae file...?

The problem with PUAE is, its not Workbench friendly so can not run every Workbench in it and if the Workbench uses P96(RTG, Zorro 3 Card, Expansion) like Classic Workbench Advanced 3.9 and AmigaSys4 does, they don't work properly, Expansion is disabled so it can not add Expansion Slot Cards.

Its a shame it not a complete Amiga Emulator like WinUAE is, it has somethings disabled in it cause it like a Arcade Emulator so only meant for ADF games and loading games in the GUI, or from a Playlist so like they are mp3 music files, weird... m3u, properly that part comes from Apple and there iPod and how it loads music, thats where Playlist came from, Music files.

I do wish it worked like how WinUAE works, but it don't, it should be a complete amiga emulator and nothing should be disabled in it and everything thats in WinUAE should be in it and working.

The Amiga is more than just a games machine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-08 142824.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	76782  

Last edited by spannernick; 08 October 2022 at 15:30.
Old 12 October 2022, 04:49   #2
sonninnos
Commodork

Just use a more current version of the core, and everything is automatic when launching CD images. Such an old version of the core that won't launch automatically won't be working properly anyway, since there is no code for CD audio etc.