English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 29 December 2021, 00:59   #1
coriolis1986

Cross development

Hi all.

Are there any OS X cross development systems for development Amiga software? C compilers, 68k assemblers etc?

Ready to use distributions or, maybe, instructions for setting development environment on Mac.
Old 29 December 2021, 01:31   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Bebbo's GCC will build from source on a Mac. It comes with an Amiga Hunk compatible binutils also that builds from source. It's hosted on GitHub.
Old 29 December 2021, 10:28   #3
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolis1986 View Post
Are there any OS X cross development systems for development Amiga software? C compilers, 68k assemblers etc?

It's probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I'm using Christian Voglgsang's "vamos" to cross-build on Linux. It is essentially a python-emulation of the dos and exec.library such that you can run an Amiga shell and Amiga build-tools on Linux (or, actually, anything that has python and can compile the vamos source). Thus, vamos enables you to run the native amiga built chain on alien systems.
Old 29 December 2021, 20:53   #4
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolis1986 View Post
Hi all.

Ready to use distributions or, maybe, instructions for setting development environment on Mac.
It's not that hard to achieve that. First create an FS-UAE config with a harddrive that points to some folder on your Mac. This folder should have an 's' directory with a startup-sequence running some file, e.g. test.exe ! :-) Now grab your favourite editor, in my case Sublime Text, and configure a key, e.g. F2, to run this config (make sure your Mac knows how to handle an fs-uae config file so that it opens it directly with FS-UAE when double clicking it). Now get e.g. vasm or vbcc and the desired syntax highlighting plugin for your editor, configure a key, e.g. F1, to run this assembler/compiler with your code in the editor -> outputfile will be 'test.exe' in your fs-uae development folder. Voila, you can assemble/compile with F1 and run with F2. Or in my case, do both of them with F1. :-)
Write me a pm if I can help with the setup.