English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 February 2015, 19:26   #281
werdy

Dezz wrote some new information (progress update) on Amigaspirit forum (hungarian), here: http://forum.amigaspirit.hu/index.ph...pic=59&page=30

Roughly: at the end of November he found a serious bug which could make brick from the card after an update - this is why he didn't send out the cards to the owners. He is hoping that in this month (Februar) he could finally fix this bug and dispatch them. Couldn't earlier as he ran out from his money he had to break development and accept some other job.
Old 12 February 2015, 19:33   #282
roy bates

maybe he should send this info to the people who paid and have no news....
Old 12 February 2015, 20:29   #283
springycz

He did so through the emails. At least I feel sufficiently informed.
Old 13 February 2015, 22:56   #284
jcarvalho

I NEVER got that info. No email recieved, and I was the second or third guy to pay the card. But, I don't expect nothing from him... As I said before, for me, that money is lost, but, a good lesson was taken from the hard way. Always buy from someone with name in the market like Individual Computers or some online stores like amigakit, vesalia etc
Old 14 February 2015, 13:03   #285
werdy

@jcarvalho: don't go too far based on your experience (not receiving email from him). It could be a unfortunate coincidence (like somehow your email address is not in Dezz list or a spam filter got his emails) too. On the end if you are interested you can find relevant information on the net. He is not hiding or wants to run away with your money.
Old 14 February 2015, 14:07   #286
BarryB
Amigaholic

It shouldn't be up to individuals to have to go 'chasing' information for themselves though! If money has been paid and an email address provided then any updates should be sent to that email address automatically. You only need to set up an email group and add paid customers email addresses to it then send out an update, it's inexcusable to not update customers when an order is delayed!
Old 14 February 2015, 14:26   #287
werdy

@BarryB: sure, you are right. It would be in an optimal world with professional business partner. But Dezz is a developer tech guy in the first place and he can't afford to hire someone who can deal professionally with the business / communication part.
Old 14 February 2015, 16:07   #288
BarryB
Amigaholic

Mate, it's the 21st century, no excuse for not informing people! There's Facebook and Twitter he could use to inform people, has he even considered this? I'm sure @noscanjuggleryet would be a good start!!
Old 14 February 2015, 16:17   #289
werdy

@BarryB: it is not technological question but human. You can point to many possible communication form, but a human required who will communicate with the other(s). In our case Dezz is clearly not the easy to communicate with people type person.
Old 14 February 2015, 17:15   #290
BarryB
Amigaholic

You mean like Con Artists and Swindlers who don't want to communicate with people they've taken money off, or do you mean that he's just shy
Old 14 February 2015, 18:21   #291
werdy

Not shy, simple more closed, not very communicative person.
Old 14 February 2015, 22:17   #292
roy bates

did his paid account put the bill of the payment some have paid into a spam folder as well?,lol
some people are so naive...
Old 14 February 2015, 23:07   #293
BarryB
Amigaholic

Some people are naive roy, paying for a product and actually expecting to get it
Old 15 February 2015, 11:48   #294
jcarvalho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Some people are naive roy, paying for a product and actually expecting to get it
Yes, like I said in my previous post. Was a lesson learned on the hard way. BUT, when you buy in online store, you pay first and wait for the goods to be delivered, on amibay, you pay first and get the product after also, and there is no store or so. I was a sucker, thinking that everyone is like me. If I sell something and get the money, the item is sent to the buyer, yes, I can be blamed for being honest
Old 15 February 2015, 16:46   #295
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarvalho View Post
Yes, like I said in my previous post. Was a lesson learned on the hard way. BUT, when you buy in online store, you pay first and wait for the goods to be delivered, on amibay, you pay first and get the product after also, and there is no store or so. I was a sucker, thinking that everyone is like me. If I sell something and get the money, the item is sent to the buyer, yes, I can be blamed for being honest

it wasnt your fault this happened to you
Old 15 February 2015, 17:18   #296
Marmes

There is a thing also, called pre-order. There are photos of a product, a promise that it will be out next week (this makes me laugh).
I have 2 email adresses for Dezz, I sent mails to both of them. I am not a spammer, so I guess he's running away or hidding. I just want my money back, I can sell my postion to other people (joking, no one will buy it). I don't want this scamjuggler anymore.I have my lesson learned. Pay with paypal for pre-order products and open a dispute that will be closed after I receive the product ...
Old 07 March 2015, 16:08   #297
eXeler0

While I sympathize will a bunch of you, who wants to throw away money on vapoware right, you all need to realize that these kind of projects are almost impossible to do for a single guy.
And that is true regardless if he's a con artist or a guy who is under a lot of pressure and desperately trying to fix this thing that he sees as his saviour.
Lets face it, the classic Amiga has been dead for the best part of the last 20 years. It takes a miracle to get any kind of economy in such an endeavour.
While I dont defend lack of communication as much as the next guy, people going into this as buyers need to weigh the risk too.
Maybe he should have started a kickstarter or something similar.

Anyhoo, the Amigans I know are used to ridiculously long dev times. (How many years between amiga os 4.1 and 4.1 FE again? )
If I were one the guys who preordered I ptobably ask the guy to post a video on youtube of the device to see if he has something, and if he does, have patience and hope for the best.

If theres no evidence that the products actually exists and runs then you should provably huddle up and find a legal way to formally request a refund.
Old 07 March 2015, 18:58   #298
Reido

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Lets face it, the classic Amiga has been dead for the best part of the last 20 years.
I'm amazed how much this comment comes up! No offence intended, but when I read this it seems like the poster is embarassed by their hobby!! I'm not....

Sorry for being off topic but had to say it, and I'm not trying to take your post out of context because your point about solo developers is a good one.
Old 08 March 2015, 00:45   #299
eXeler0

@Reido, thanx for your reply. Allow me to clarify a few things. I own an A600, higly pimped up A1200 running OS 3.9 and 2 CD32s.
And thats just the Amigas, still have my fully operational c128 & c64 etc...
Anyhoo, my definition of "dead" is that is extremely thin nische market. And practically no developer could make a living on producing stuff for the classic Amigas alone.
You see the same people attending Amiga shows year after year.
The 68k Amiga scene is attracting very few new users that didnt use it lovingly in the late 80s or early 90s.

Its the financial part that defines it for me. Even raising "pocket change" for modern "next gen" projects like AmiDark have severe problems finding funds. Compare that to all those crazy kickstarter projects that raise $10.000 in a day...
So yea, Id say the classic Amiga has ben *commercially* dead as a platform for 20 years.
It has absolutely nothing to do with what *I* think of this hobby.. which btw I love but when reality knocks on the door I dont look the other way. ;-)
Old 08 March 2015, 17:07   #300
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdy View Post
@BarryB: it is not technological question but human. You can point to many possible communication form, but a human required who will communicate with the other(s). In our case Dezz is clearly not the easy to communicate with people type person.
<br />
<br />
Werdy, he should post a Youtube video about the progress. He doesn't have to be seen in it, he doesn't have to speak. Just show what he has running at this moment in time.