English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 September 2021, 21:43   #1
ZEUSDAZ
Registered User
ZEUSDAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: England
Posts: 572
Back to The Future II, ANOTHER crud movie tie-in cash quick game.

Oh look, guess what, yep surprise surprise another crappy movie tie-in game that digraces the film It's modelled after and insults the format It's played on, I'm talking about Back to The Future II on the Amiga.

Welcome to another Shit Game Time review, this is a paid request by youtuber "Ray C", I'm certainly not shocked this has been picked

BTTF II Shit Game Time Review: [ Show youtube player ]
ZEUSDAZ is offline  
Old 03 September 2021, 22:07   #2
Foebane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cardiff, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 2,871
Do you have a Gotek on your A500, or are you still somehow (?) using floppies?
Foebane is offline  
Old 03 September 2021, 22:13   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 40
Posts: 4,681
Yeah the skateboarding sections can be fun with a LOT of practice, but the other levels are just low effort.
gimbal is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 12:49   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 44
Posts: 9,194
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Oh look, guess what, yep surprise surprise another crappy movie tie-in game that digraces the film It's modelled after and insults the format It's played on, I'm talking about Back to The Future II on the Amiga.

Welcome to another Shit Game Time review, this is a paid request by youtuber "Ray C", I'm certainly not shocked this has been picked

BTTF II Shit Game Time Review: [ Show youtube player ]
An horrible ST port.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 13:22   #5
Seiya
Registered User

Seiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Oh look, guess what, yep surprise surprise another crappy movie tie-in game that digraces the film It's modelled after and insults the format It's played on, I'm talking about Back to The Future II on the Amiga.

Welcome to another Shit Game Time review, this is a paid request by youtuber "Ray C", I'm certainly not shocked this has been picked

BTTF II Shit Game Time Review: [ Show youtube player ]
totally agree with you. this is really bad game. About this game i love only the intro
Seiya is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 13:47   #6
rabidgerry
Registered User

rabidgerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: N.Ireland/Belfast
Posts: 1,154
Completed it a few times. Deemed shit, but I always go back once and a while and give it a go. I think the fact it infuriated me as a kid soo much that I busted myself just to make to the 2nd level. I then managed to complete the dam thing. For me now the game actually become something I am fond off and enjoy so can no longer call it shit
rabidgerry is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 16:33   #7
Fiery Phoenix
Registered User
Fiery Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bury, Lancs
Age: 45
Posts: 401
Yeah remember the first level demo on a coverdisk (CU Amiga maybe?) and I do come back to the game every so often. Defo worse out there and over time I have come to appreicate it a bit more
Fiery Phoenix is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 17:39   #8
Foebane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cardiff, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
Completed it a few times. Deemed shit, but I always go back once and a while and give it a go. I think the fact it infuriated me as a kid soo much that I busted myself just to make to the 2nd level. I then managed to complete the dam thing. For me now the game actually become something I am fond off and enjoy so can no longer call it shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Yeah remember the first level demo on a coverdisk (CU Amiga maybe?) and I do come back to the game every so often. Defo worse out there and over time I have come to appreicate it a bit more
You two CAN'T be serious.

This is part of the reason I don't like most Amiga games: they SUCK.
Foebane is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 20:47   #9
rabidgerry
Registered User

rabidgerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: N.Ireland/Belfast
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
You two CAN'T be serious.

This is part of the reason I don't like most Amiga games: they SUCK.
Good for you.

Yes that's right McEnroe...................and as Fiery Phoenix said there are a lot worse on Amiga, there really is. I'm not sure what points make it bad necessarily but I know it wasn't an amazing/good game, but I got enjoyment from it once I got good at it and I think that is easy to understand. Once you get good and something you get enjoyment from over coming the challenge and beating it. Another shit one Terminator 2. Got good at that also and completed even if it is another crappy movie tie in multi genre game with puzzle, shooting and fighting all rolled into a short game.

BTTF2 I went to a good deal of trouble to actually get working on my Amiga as it would freeze with WHD load. However it plays fine using JST. Occasional crash. Might play it later on now just for the hell of it
rabidgerry is offline  
Old 04 September 2021, 23:57   #10
ZEUSDAZ
Registered User
ZEUSDAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: England
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Do you have a Gotek on your A500, or are you still somehow (?) using floppies?

Good'ol floppies, ADF's written on floppies.
ZEUSDAZ is offline  
Old 05 September 2021, 01:37   #11
Foebane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cardiff, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Good'ol floppies, ADF's written on floppies.
They don't make floppies anymore, you'll have no choice soon when they all run out.

(atleastihopeso)
Foebane is offline  
Old 05 September 2021, 01:58   #12
ZEUSDAZ
Registered User
ZEUSDAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: England
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
They don't make floppies anymore, you'll have no choice soon when they all run out.

(atleastihopeso)

I have around 600 spares in my cupboard
ZEUSDAZ is offline  
Old 06 September 2021, 12:06   #13
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 40
Posts: 4,681
Did we ever do a poll on best movie tie-in game? Back to the Future 3 would actually be on my list of contenders. It's still not a great game but it definitely had some fun gameplay value to it.
gimbal is offline  
Old 07 September 2021, 14:17   #14
ZEUSDAZ
Registered User
ZEUSDAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: England
Posts: 572
Big grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Did we ever do a poll on best movie tie-in game? Back to the Future 3 would actually be on my list of contenders. It's still not a great game but it definitely had some fun gameplay value to it.

Maybe Robocop on the Spectrum would win that or even possibly Platoon even though its stupidly hard, or even Rambo III on the Megadrive if we're crossing over into the console world but still remaining retro.
ZEUSDAZ is offline  
Old 07 September 2021, 21:28   #15
Radertified
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Did we ever do a poll on best movie tie-in game? Back to the Future 3 would actually be on my list of contenders. It's still not a great game but it definitely had some fun gameplay value to it.
Batman: The Movie
Radertified is offline  
Old 07 September 2021, 22:38   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 40
Posts: 4,681
I like the platforming sections of Batman but the car and especially flying section are pretty daft.
gimbal is offline  
Old 07 September 2021, 23:09   #17
rothers
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
Batman: The Movie

Very solid game, it was the game which made me want an Amiga.
rothers is offline  
Old 07 September 2021, 23:30   #18
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 48
Posts: 8,277
Just to clear up a minor script error by Mr.Zeus, the developers of the game were Images, the PUBLISHERS of the game was IMAGE WORKS, two entirely separate entities.

Yes Image Works published the Bitmap Brothers early work like Speedball, Xenon 2, Melbourne House published Xenon.

And yes, David Whittaker phoning his stuff in as he did from time to time, really poor effort.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 08 September 2021, 01:55   #19
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: los angeles,ca
Posts: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
And yes, David Whittaker phoning his stuff in as he did from time to time, really poor effort.
One of the cases where he either needed the cash or was given a ridiculous deadline or both
saimon69 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another shitty Schwarzenegger movie tie-in game :-( ZEUSDAZ Retrogaming General Discussion 42 20 June 2021 10:52
The Fan Game - Back to the Future Part III AMIGASYSTEM Amiga scene 30 28 February 2019 13:07
Back to the future 3 Arnie support.Games 8 07 January 2016 21:42
Back to the future... ehm.. 80's? PanikSpreder Nostalgia & memories 15 23 September 2005 18:49
Back to the Future 2 Unregistered support.Games 5 23 September 2002 22:38

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09598 seconds with 13 queries