English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 16 January 2023, 09:11   #21
ImmortalA1000

Not really noticed any bugs that I can remember but I did remove a few for the first release of Skidmarks as a game tester for them. Still have the test disk they sent me somewhere.
Old 23 January 2023, 14:02   #22
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Alright, the first one in the category "graphical glitches".

[ Show youtube player ]

7:23

Guy is drawn on top of the box for a brief moment Whoopsie!
Old 23 January 2023, 14:41   #23
Torti-the-Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Not really noticed any bugs that I can remember but I did remove a few for the first release of Skidmarks as a game tester for them. Still have the test disk they sent me somewhere.

Thank you for that !!

I love Skidmarks AND i bought the Original back then

Same for Super Skidmarks but i find Super Skidmarks is so freaking difficult

@gimbal

Well,, this is a little bug in a Game filled with literal Bugs

Hmm; could be a Emulation Glitch.. I will watch this Guy carefully next time i visit him

Thanks for reporting these

Last edited by Torti-the-Smurf; 23 January 2023 at 14:50. Reason: Made the text a bit shorter :)
Old 23 January 2023, 15:03   #24
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I would very much doubt it is an emulation glitch since it is exactly as long as the scripted sequence is playing out. The moment the game switches to the next sequence it corrects itself again.
Old 23 January 2023, 15:12   #25
Torti-the-Smurf

Yup, i think you're right .

I will still watch this Guy carefully next time i visit him
Old 23 January 2023, 17:21   #26
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Easy to miss though. You have to either catch him calling you right at the start of the game, or make a call to him yourself and then visit. If you fail to do that, that entire animation sequence is missed.

I've always wondered what's in the boooooooooox since it is something that is dangled in front of you with this very deliberate and unique animation sequence but it doesn't really seem to go anywhere. The only thing that it seems to do is that when you join him on an interview you can ask him about it and then he tries to knife you out of nowhere. Whoever wrote the story for that game is quirky.
Old 30 May 2023, 00:08   #27
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

When you do a jump attack in Wrath of the Demon... the sword goes behind the clouds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wrathbug.png
Views:	61
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	79190  
Old 30 May 2023, 02:30   #28
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
When you do a jump attack in Wrath of the Demon... the sword goes behind the clouds.
Giana goes behind the clouds as well

Old 30 May 2023, 03:03   #29
capehorn

I must have missed this thread first time around.

Here is my video of a major glitch in SotB II, yet the game is still completable!

[ Show youtube player ]

Use of the 'L' key on the keyboard, to jump forward 10 seconds is advised, as I left all of the loading in the video!

The graphical glitches in this video are quite extreme, they do not always occur to this extent this when exploiting this bug, but usually appear to some extent.

Here is my commentary on this video, from 2019

Quote:
Incidently I discovered a glitch-bug today that allows you to collect endless money and complete the game without doing the entire dog pit/Ishran section of the game. I obviously won't use it but it is surprising what can happen when you push a game to it's limits.
Quote:
The first part of this glitch I discovered after somebody posted about it here a few years ago (although I forget who and I can't find the post). This very glitchy glitch results in the game thinking you are a lot 'lower' in the map than you actually are, and transports you to Barloom's lair when you approach the bridge over the jumping fish.

Once in Barloom's lair you can make the chest appear repeatedly, allowing you to gain as many coins as you want. The parchment doesn't appear automatically, although there is something you can do to make it appear. I haven't work out what exactly, and in a previous attempt at a video I was jumping around for 10 minutes trying to make it materialise. In this vid it appeared early thankfully.

After leaving Barloom's lair the game returns to normal, and you have the parchment without having to trouble Ishran at all.

I did try milking this, collecting 72 coins and visiting the snail twice. The snail didn't mind, he was happy to take my money twice and return me to Karamoon both times .
Old 30 May 2023, 09:18   #30
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Giana goes behind the clouds as well

I find the wrath one particularly funny because the cloud goes behind the mountains in the far background as well so that sword really lives in its own dimension
Old 30 May 2023, 09:25   #31
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I find the wrath one particularly funny because the cloud goes behind the mountains in the far background as well so that sword really lives in its own dimension
Yeah trying to make 3D too 3D backfired a little

Or maybe that cloud is a chemtrail lol
Old 30 May 2023, 10:41   #32
kremiso

in Shadow of the Beast (1) i have discovered a crazy main sprite gfx garbled MJ moonwalk like effect, with the legs movement frames going into the opposite direction of the scrolling one, and the arm punches instead correct, a mess

https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=22

i would like to know if the original is also affected, but the castle i have never reached to stay alive too much there
Old 30 May 2023, 11:13   #33
Torti-the-Smurf

Great stuff !!.. well, you know

Keep them coming
Old 30 May 2023, 11:21   #34
A500

In Wayne Gretzky Hockey II, there is a bug where the goalie freezes to a position where he is lying on the ice on his side. Needless to say, this makes scoring a little easier for the opponent but luckily the goalie goes back to normal if you pause the game or a goal is scored. I don't know if this applies to the retail version, though

What's fun about the bug is that the goalie will also magically slide on the ice to the bench in this position if you take him out while the bug is going on
Old 31 May 2023, 23:33   #35
Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Yeah trying to make 3D too 3D backfired a little

Or maybe that cloud is a chemtrail lol
I know of people who will actually believe that. THEY KNEW ABOUT CHEMTRAILS IN 1990, IT'S ALL JOHN MAJOR'S FAULT.....

I think Skidmarks was still pretty bugged and crash-prone on release, even Super Skidmarks which I had wasn't perfect.
Old 01 June 2023, 03:29   #36
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
I must have missed this thread first time around.

Here is my video of a major glitch in SotB II, yet the game is still completable!

[ Show youtube player ]

Use of the 'L' key on the keyboard, to jump forward 10 seconds is advised, as I left all of the loading in the video!

The graphical glitches in this video are quite extreme, they do not always occur to this extent this when exploiting this bug, but usually appear to some extent.

Here is my commentary on this video, from 2019
It was likely me; I mentioned these glitches before- I played Beast 2 for a year straight when I was a wee lad--obsessed!!. You can indeed enter a kind of underworld and skip certain parts of the game. The ground to the right of the spear throwing natives is one area. You jump from a particular point marked by a flower i think and you then fall down. If I recall theres no enemies and you can get to barloom etc
Old 01 June 2023, 03:44   #37
ransom1122

We can safely add Transylvania ANTLER Bug to this list now

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=114645&page=4
Old 01 June 2023, 14:25   #38
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Wait what? That was a copy protection issue wasn't it?
Old 01 June 2023, 14:33   #39
jotd
This cat is no more

I remember playing Magic Pockets to death a few years back and getting stuck in some levels.

If you use mega jump in worlds 1 and 2 in some places, you can reach rooms that belong to another section, hence not active, and you're stuck there.

Possible in world 1.2 (the huge world), you can reach the secret room made of stairs where the green jelly runs (weird). If you reach that room by jumping too high, you're stuck, no return (it's a teleport room with a timer but it's not enabled).

In the jungle you can do it too at some point, by launching a cloud super-high and jumping on it. You get to a platform of an section: nothing happens and you're stuck.
Old 01 June 2023, 15:23   #40
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Leave it to the Bitmaps to create magic bugs.