English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 June 2024, 23:25   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Prime Mover & Super Hang-on, two great Amiga Racers.

I really enjoyed Super Hang-on on the Amiga, it played far faster and smoother than the ST version but what made it really stick out to me was the awesome engine and tyre screeching noises,...far better sounding than the arcade vesrion imo.

Years later the closest we Amiga gamers got to a similar looking bike racer was Prime Mover, a game imo that was underated and deserved far more reviews, yes there was No Second Prize but Prime Mover to me was closer to Super Hang-on.

Overscan, fast smooth scrolling with a high sense of speed and lovely graphics, a game that surly deserved more recognition.Here is my "Lets Play" review of it along with the first ever longplay that finally shows the ending, to do this you must end up at at the top of the leader board after 12 seperate races across the globe, I personally don't think it can be done without being aided with a cheat which is what I have used and thanks to that the whole game on real A500 hardware can now be seen.

I hope you enjoy the video,...which again proves there are a load of games I really like and are not all "Shit Game Time" reviews

LETS PLAY: PRIME MOVER (REVIEW VIDEO): [ Show youtube player ]

PRIME MOVER - LONGPLAY VIDEO: [ Show youtube player ]

SUPER HANG-ON (REVIEW VIDEO): [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime_Mover.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	82452  
Old 11 June 2024, 02:47   #2
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Prime Mover was always very slick. Super Hang on is a game I rather enjoy too and loved at the time but I remember thinking it could have been just a tad better

I much prefer what they did to the music on the Amiga version of Super Hang on compared to how it sounds in arcade. The melodies are more condensed and identifiable here on Amiga
Old 11 June 2024, 10:21   #3
Dunny

Super Hang-On was the first Amiga game I saw having come from the Spectrum. Jaw dropped.
Old 14 June 2024, 20:54   #4
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

If only Prime Mover had gotten the height angle perspective correct.

But other than that it is a nice engine.
Old 14 June 2024, 21:03   #5
qupe

I was just looking at my copy of Prime Mover and it was from one of the testers. I'll take a look again tomorrow and see who it was and the message in the box.