English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 22 February 2020, 14:36   #1
keysoft

SignEngines for amiga for Vinyl CUT

Hi, I'm looking for the SignEngine friend software for vinyl cutting. created by Parallel Motion Graphics and sold by lasercraft unlimited. This program allows the editing of vector text and cutting with vinyl plotters. With the little information I have found it seems to be a good program that left no trace on the internet and something unknown. I would like to have a copy even if out of payment. If someone knows or has it I would like to know more.
https://web.archive.org/web/19970627...gnguy/soft.htm
Old 27 May 2020, 22:27   #2
stealthdeburgo

I have that software in my library. My ex wife and I had a sign shop and were bata testers for the software. the guy that funded the program worked in the film industry here in Toronto. You still need a vector graphics program like prodraw to create the art work. what Sign engine does is plots the graphics out and will do outlines on your graphics. at the time it was quite useful compared with the pc programs. We had a Graphtec plotter which signengine had the drivers for it. But you had to make a custom serial or parallel cable because the Amiga had slightly different pin outs on the ports. Ran it on the A4000. had done some stuff with it about 15 yrs ago making a sign for my second ex wife. by that time the pc were catching up and speed and power of the sign programs which were much better than sign engine. Still have that plotter but use it very little. Moved on to much bigger and better machines . if y ou want a copy of it send me you info and I'll see if I can find the disks and copy them off the floppies. I'll scan the manual as well.
Old 28 May 2020, 11:47   #3
keysoft

Hello Friend. I would be delighted to be able to get this program to preserve it and to be able to install it on the friend. It is a software unknown by the friendly community. If you could send a copy of the floppy disks, manuals, a photo of the box if you have it, and diagrams of how to make this serial and parallel cable, I would appreciate it. my email is ropageek @ gmail.com without spaces. Thank you very much, I have been looking for this software for years and it has been impossible for me. I even talked to a guy who created a Toronto user club, but he didn't know anything.
Old 28 May 2020, 18:56   #4
kriz

Please upload to the zone
Old 28 May 2020, 19:26   #5
keysoft

hello kriz, i want to try your program too. one question, you had to modify the parallel cable or serial cable for the cutting plotter to work
Old 25 August 2020, 00:27   #6
Ferry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdeburgo View Post
I have that software in my library. […] if y ou want a copy of it send me you info and I'll see if I can find the disks and copy them off the floppies. I'll scan the manual as well.
Hi, Sthealthburgo!

Any news on the SignEngine prog and manual? I'm very curious on it, on how it works on the Amiga. Would it be possible for you to put it on the "The Zone" here on EAB? If not, maybe Google Drive would be a good option.

In any case, thanks in advance

Saluditos,

Ferrán.