English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 21 January 2016, 22:35   #21
volvo_0ne

Anyone remember "Arachnoids BBS" based somewhere nr Leicester UK ?

That was a cool BBS
Old 10 September 2017, 21:53   #22
Anachronist

Hi all! I've been working constantly on my new board, "Absinthe BBS" that's about to go up. I'm using MaxPro2, which I love. I have everything pretty much how I want it, but there is one thing that's been killing me- getting those CNET Arexx doors to work! MP2 has support for them using function 45, and it boasts a "95% compatibility" rate. However, I have been unable to get a single one working, not matter *what* I do. I've tested Rexx on my system and it's working fine, so I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong. Amiga WB 2.1, 68060. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 17 April 2021, 13:56   #23
Flax

lol i ran skullmonkey bbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki Murkett View Post
Hi folks

It's been nearly 20 years since I first started working on Max's Pro, so I'd like to hear any thoughts, memories, or any questions you may have about it.

Would also love to hear from anyone who used Kewl Doors, or called Redrum BBS also!

Looking forward to your replies..

Niki
i think i was the last person ever to buy max pro as two days later or so you released it free but you did call my bbs and upload it usualy used sysop name s.n.s but woould be cool to have it on net , i did manage it once but for some reason ther mp3 uploads never worked on net that may of been magic file as i liked that program steve clack wrote me my own version that actually did my warez oops differently , loved running the bbs
Old 18 April 2021, 21:05   #24
XPD
Geek Kiwi

I was running Maxs 1.54 back in the day, but never tried Pro - what were the differences/changes ?
Old 02 May 2022, 03:51   #25
ozz

Hello Niki ! I hope You get this message, Ozz the hairy Scotsman here. Getting back into amiga goodies after way too many years away from the scene. Still have good memories of running the BBS, fluffynet and 'the Fluffy Meet' at the Kennet and Avon canal back in the days when I ran my BBS in Poole, Dorset. My memory is a bit fuzzy after all this time but some things have returned from the fog of old age. Steve Clack (total eclipse on the Isle of Wight) , DrX and Steven (also in Poole) were all having much fun with Max's BBS on the good il' 'miggy boxes. :-) Sadly no original Amigas in my life these days, but have been firkling with some stuff on various Amiga emulators on PCs and Andrioid devices recently and discovered this board! I wonder if anyone else out there remembers the Fluffy Net crew?. If possible I would love to have abash at getting Max's PRO up and running again. All the best from Ozz the Hairy..
Old 05 May 2022, 03:25   #26
XPD
Geek Kiwi

I'd love to see a Windoze (dont hurt me) version of Maxs Then I could just copy across my configs and run every locally rather than emulate

Dont fancy sitting down with Mystic or similar and redo everything.
Old 05 May 2022, 14:23   #27
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz View Post
Hello Niki ! I hope You get this message, Ozz the hairy Scotsman here. Getting back into amiga goodies after way too many years away from the scene. Still have good memories of running the BBS, fluffynet and 'the Fluffy Meet' at the Kennet and Avon canal back in the days when I ran my BBS in Poole, Dorset. My memory is a bit fuzzy after all this time but some things have returned from the fog of old age. Steve Clack (total eclipse on the Isle of Wight) , DrX and Steven (also in Poole) were all having much fun with Max's BBS on the good il' 'miggy boxes. :-) Sadly no original Amigas in my life these days, but have been firkling with some stuff on various Amiga emulators on PCs and Andrioid devices recently and discovered this board! I wonder if anyone else out there remembers the Fluffy Net crew?. If possible I would love to have abash at getting Max's PRO up and running again. All the best from Ozz the Hairy..
Ozz!!! I remember you! I ran Cranberry BBS back in the day, and was another one of the Fluffynet lot but couldn't make the meet unfortunately. I went by the alias Perk, if not my own name, Leigh. You actually sent me an Action Replay Mk2 once way back when (which i sadly no longer have). Good times. Glad to see you are getting back into it.

Last edited by Lemaru; 05 May 2022 at 14:29.
Old 05 May 2022, 14:25   #28
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPD View Post
I'd love to see a Windoze (dont hurt me) version of Maxs Then I could just copy across my configs and run every locally rather than emulate

Dont fancy sitting down with Mystic or similar and redo everything.
Niki was actually working on a MAXs successor called Mirage, but life gets in the way so it hasnt yet made it out into the open
Old 05 May 2022, 14:27   #29
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz View Post
You can also find a few of the old Fluffynet crew over on the Mirage BBS (successor to Maxs BBS that was in development) Facebook group. Mick from Mick's cupboard, Bradman, Steve/DrX, Steve Clack, BippyM (He's actually an admin here too), Dave Buckley (who sadly passed away a few years back)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mirage.bbs

Last edited by Lemaru; 05 May 2022 at 14:35.
Old 20 May 2022, 23:58   #30
Codetsu

I don't know if anyone cares but for information at the moment there should be
1 call MAX's BBS 1.54 and
2 MAX's BBS 1.54 online using telnet
of course mine which is MAX's PRO version.

we have also set up our own Fidon MAXsNET to continue the tradition
we hoping to get more members into our small community !
Old 21 May 2022, 03:44   #31
cloverskull

What are the telnet addresses?
Old 21 May 2022, 05:05   #32
XPD
Geek Kiwi

.:Amiga Telnet:.
g-point.tunk.org port:500

.: C64 Telnet :.
g-point.tunk.org port 1025
Old 05 June 2022, 07:06   #33
Storm
SYS64738

I used to run the Shoikan Grove on Max's BBS 1.54 in the day. If I had all my files I would try to set it up again on the Pro version. The board was eventually handed over to Sykoe who continued to run it for a while. I used to catch up with Sir Marty from Gremlin's BBS in the early 90's to help each other out and get File Lister Express by Peter Zeleny (Zed) sorted out so we could have all the file_id.diz displaying correctly.
Old 26 June 2022, 22:04   #34
XPD
Geek Kiwi

I had a fantastic (OK, maybe was just me thinking that) BBS with Maxs, had full file_id.diz support via a door (cant recall which), great door games, ever changing message base etc.

Unfortunately I lost it all over the years else I'd have made it available for nostalgia.
Old 24 July 2022, 12:34   #35
Codetsu

MAX's BBS are still online come and see

MAX's 1.54
https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/bbs/software/max-bbs/
MAX,s PRO
https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/bbs/software/maxs-pro/

if some one like to set up they own MAX's board we are happy to help
any way we can !