English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 May 2017, 16:24   #1
liviux76

Zany Golf and World Class Leader Board Golf - WHDLoad problems

Hello all!

Yesterday I received two original games but unfortunately they didn't work.
As I always do in these cases, I replaced the magnetic disks and I wrote on the floppies the original "images" of the games.

I used my kryoflux to write the ipf file of Zany Golf on the original disk and since I haven't found the ipf file of World Class Leader Board Golf I used for it an adf without cracktro.

Now both disks seems to work when loaded from floppy but they give me problems with WHDLoad.

1) Zany Golf
The WHDLoad installer seems to have an error, I had to delete the last ")" in order to successfully start it but at the end of the installation I received an error about the "sigfile" file. The error said that the file wasn't readable so I marked the "Read" flag of the file but now I receive a "block read error". I tried with more than one floppy and also on e-uae using directly the ipf file without success.

2) World Class Leader Board Golf
The installation finishes without errors but I can't load any courses. I just have an empty directory. I've tried the "already installed" package found on Internet with the same result. If I try to browse the directories "c1" and "c2" I receive error messages like "fatal exception" or "guru".

I am using an A1200 with OS 3.9 and a Blizzard 1260/66. My filesystem is pfs3, maybe World Class Leader Board Golf isn't able to read files on that filesystem? And what about Zany Golf? Could someone test the installer and the ipf file on their system and let me know?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by liviux76; 10 May 2017 at 18:07.
Old 11 May 2017, 00:36   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviux76 View Post

1) Zany Golf
The WHDLoad installer seems to have an error, I had to delete the last ")" in order to successfully start it but at the end of the installation I received an error about the "sigfile" file. The error said that the file wasn't readable so I marked the "Read" flag of the file but now I receive a "block read error". I tried with more than one floppy and also on e-uae using directly the ipf file without success.

"Sigfile" is part of the disk protection and not needed to play the game. The installer should skip this file. The patch probably needs an update if this file is not skipped during installation.
Old 11 May 2017, 10:04   #3
liviux76

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
"Sigfile" is part of the disk protection and not needed to play the game. The installer should skip this file. The patch probably needs an update if this file is not skipped during installation.
In fact I've noticed that it is not present in the "already installed" WHDLoad package that I've tried and that worked. Could you tell me how to modify the installation script in order to skip that file.
Old 15 June 2017, 14:24   #4
liviux76

Hello guys!
Can anyone help me for the issues I described?
I'm quite fine with Zany Golf (I can play it using the pre-installed whdload package) but I am stuck with World Class Leader Board Golf...
Thanks!