English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 16 March 2022, 20:15   #1
krusty

Could not find fs-uae executable.

Hi,

I'm having problems using fs-uae launcher. Whenever I try to open any game I get a pop up with the following:

Guru Meditaion
Task: Amiga Launch task
Error: Exception
See the log file for more details.

I've used the exact same configuration on another pc and it works perfectly. I have this problem on a HP Probook laptop running windows 10.

The versions of fs-uae and fs-uae launcher are 3.1.66 and 3.1.68.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16 March 2022, 20:54   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The most likely explanation is that FS-UAE isn't extracted alongside FS-UAE Launcher correctly on the one computer where it fails. When you say you have the exact same configuration, do you also mean that you have the exact same directory structure containing the FS-UAE & FS-UAE-Launcher application directories?
Old 16 March 2022, 20:56   #3
krusty

I have found a solution. I found the log files and it indicated it couldn't find the fs-uae executable within the C:\FS-UAE\FS-UAE-Launcher_3.1.68_Windows_x86-64\FS-UAE-Launcher\Windows\x86-64 folder.

I copied the contents from the C:\FS-UAE\FS-UAE_3.1.66_Windows_x86-64\FS-UAE\Windows\x86-64 folder into the previous folder and it now works.

Not sure if this is ideal or why it is needed but I can now play games.
Old 16 March 2022, 20:59   #4
krusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
The most likely explanation is that FS-UAE isn't extracted alongside FS-UAE Launcher correctly on the one computer where it fails. When you say you have the exact same configuration, do you also mean that you have the exact same directory structure containing the FS-UAE & FS-UAE-Launcher application directories?

I extracted both zip files into the c:\fs-uae folder.
Old 16 March 2022, 21:03   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, the problem is the "FS-UAE-Launcher_3.1.68_Windows_x86-64" and "FS-UAE_3.1.66_Windows_x86-64" directories. These should not be present and are not a part of the zip files either. But I know that the extract function in Windows/Explorer often creates them (based on the zip filename).

As the download page states: "Download the two .zip archives and extract the contained FS-UAE and FS-UAE-Launcher folders to wherever you like. You must keep these two folders stored alongside each other."
Old 16 March 2022, 21:22   #6
krusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, the problem is the "FS-UAE-Launcher_3.1.68_Windows_x86-64" and "FS-UAE_3.1.66_Windows_x86-64" directories. These should not be present and are not a part of the zip files either. But I know that the extract function in Windows/Explorer often creates them (based on the zip filename).

As the download page states: "Download the two .zip archives and extract the contained FS-UAE and FS-UAE-Launcher folders to wherever you like. You must keep these two folders stored alongside each other."

Gotcha. So a classic case of not RTFM!

Thanks for your help.