English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 February 2021, 01:13   #1
amifan
Registered User

amifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chiba, Japan
Age: 43
Posts: 80
Amiga 1200 CAPS replacement in Japan

I think my A1200 needs to have its CAPS replaced, I am thinking of sending it abroad but I thought I would check if there is anyone in Japan who would be able to do this. I do not trust myself since I have very clumsy fingers.
amifan is offline  
Old 24 February 2021, 01:45   #2
redblade
Zone Friend

redblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middle Earth
Age: 37
Posts: 1,761
Japan is the land of the robots, surely there are people there who work on retro machines that if you sent them the caps they will solder it?
redblade is offline  
Old 24 February 2021, 01:49   #3
amifan
Registered User

amifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chiba, Japan
Age: 43
Posts: 80
I am already asking around my local area/retro shops since I already have the replacement CAPS but I thought I will ask here since there are sometimes Japanese users here too. Hopefully I can find someone.
amifan is offline  
Old 24 February 2021, 02:03   #4
Radertified
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -
Posts: 557
There's a user listed on the recapping masterlist.
Radertified is offline  
Old 24 February 2021, 02:21   #5
amifan
Registered User

amifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chiba, Japan
Age: 43
Posts: 80
Thank you for that, I did not realise there was a list. I will contact him.
amifan is offline  
Old 17 June 2021, 08:38   #6
amifan
Registered User

amifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chiba, Japan
Age: 43
Posts: 80
Thank you Kinmami

Well I think I should update the thread, I have now my Amiga back from Kinmami, he has done a fantastic job of replacing the CAPS and found some other problems which he was quick to fix and for a good rate. The service he provided is first class and incredibly speedy. He had the Amiga fixed the same day it arrived and sent back the next day. Even after sending the Amiga back he has provided me with support to my questions, a first class repair job and friendly communications. Highly recommend even for people outside Japan My Amiga has been stable as a rock since the repair with a bright picture and loud sound. Thank you Kinmami!
amifan is offline  
Old 17 June 2021, 08:42   #7
kinmami
Golden Boy

kinmami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
Age: 44
Posts: 32
Send a message via ICQ to kinmami Send a message via AIM to kinmami Send a message via MSN to kinmami
Quote:
Originally Posted by amifan View Post
Well I think I should update the thread, I have now my Amiga back from Kinmami, he has done a fantastic job of replacing the CAPS and found some other problems which he was quick to fix and for a good rate. The service he provided is first class and incredibly speedy. He had the Amiga fixed the same day it arrived and sent back the next day. Even after sending the Amiga back he has provided me with support to my questions, a first class repair job and friendly communications. Highly recommend even for people outside Japan My Amiga has been stable as a rock since the repair with a bright picture and loud sound. Thank you Kinmami!
Thanks for the appreciation and +feedback.
It is always a pleasure to service original hardware and make it stronger and better.
Hope the community in APAC will grow in the coming years.
Enjoy your "brand new" A1200!
kinmami is offline  
Old 17 June 2021, 09:51   #8
apex
Registered User
apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amigaplanet
Posts: 574
Good to have users with a helping hand! And every recapped Amiga should be save for the next 30 years.
apex is offline  
Old 17 June 2021, 14:56   #9
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 44
Posts: 8,857
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinmami View Post
Thanks for the appreciation and +feedback.
It is always a pleasure to service original hardware and make it stronger and better.
Hope the community in APAC will grow in the coming years.
Enjoy your "brand new" A1200!
Welcome on EAB, good to have Japanese friends aboard !
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 17 June 2021, 16:04   #10
klx300r
Registered User
klx300r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 51
Posts: 1,046
always happy to hear another Amiga is repaired properly
klx300r is offline  
Old 18 June 2021, 00:31   #11
kinmami
Golden Boy

kinmami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
Age: 44
Posts: 32
Send a message via ICQ to kinmami Send a message via AIM to kinmami Send a message via MSN to kinmami
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Welcome on EAB, good to have Japanese friends aboard !
Italian living in Japan... more or less like Mario and Luigi
kinmami is offline  
Old 18 June 2021, 12:31   #12
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 44
Posts: 8,857
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinmami View Post
Italian living in Japan... more or less like Mario and Luigi
OK
dlfrsilver is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga 1200 Black Screen, Power LED Green, no Caps Lock LED tiim support.Hardware 4 28 November 2020 22:32
Amiga in Japan Echo Pox Nostalgia & memories 33 23 September 2020 14:34
Amiga 1200 motherboard replacement - Harddrive / CF card question twenty90seven support.Hardware 4 29 May 2013 23:51
Caps replacement in A4000 PSU (Skynet) Turran Hardware pics 1 30 April 2013 13:22
Lyra 2 keyboard replacement adapter for Amiga 1200 Codetapper support.Hardware 5 24 January 2012 22:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.12399 seconds with 13 queries