English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 19 April 2021, 23:32   #1
DaveInFL

Installing ClassicWB UAE on FS-AUE

Hi there,

I'd like to start off by explaining that I am really not that knowledgeable on WB as I have mainly been using FS-UAE to play games on, which has been great and brought back a lot of good memories.

I recently decided that I'd like to setup a nice WB environment under FS-UAE and maybe follow some tutorials on writing in Assembler, so I went ahead and followed this link on how to install ClassicWB on FS-UAE.

https://fs-uae.net/installing-classicwb-in-fs-uae

Everything went really well and I was able to save an A1200 and A4000 configuration. The one part that keeps screwing up is the keymaps, locale and regional settings section, but in specific the keymaps. The default is set to GB but I have a US keyboard. I follow the instructions to move out the GB keymap from DEVS/Keymaps to Storage/Keymaps and move the US keymap (Icon has a question mark in the bottom right corner and doesn't have a flag like the GB one does) from Storage/Keymaps to Dev/Keymaps. I also ensure the locale and regional settings are correct.

Sadly, when I reboot I get the following error message and I cannot move the mouse, use the keyboard or do anything. I have tried this install 3 times and each time with the exact same outcome. I suspect the keymaps maybe be bad/corrupt, but not sure. Is there anyway to fix this issue on the System_P96 boot drive or do I need to go through the installation again? I'd really appreciate any help on this, since I mentioned at the beginning, I'm pretty much a novice at anything Amiga WB related.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FS-UAE ยท Amiga 4000 2021-04-19 17-28-23.png
Views:	197
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	71645  
Old 21 April 2021, 15:51   #2
DaveInFL

Bump Bump...anyone? 83 views but no replies.

I will try to do the install again, but was hoping there might be a way of fixing it.