English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 January 2022, 11:32   #321
rabidgerry

Am I missing something? When I added to games to my WHD load collection, when I re-scan my game repositories the two new additions are not picked up, why would this be? When I tried to add one manually it didn't work either.
Old 06 January 2022, 13:02   #322
walkero

Are there .slave files in those games folders?
Old 06 January 2022, 14:05   #323
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
Are there .slave files in those games folders?
No there isn't. That's the reason then right?
Old 06 January 2022, 14:39   #324
walkero

The scanning process discovers only WHDLoad game. So, a .slave file is absolutely necessary
Old 06 January 2022, 15:21   #325
rabidgerry

Quote:
The scanning process discovers only WHDLoad game. So, a .slave file is absolutely necessary
Hmmm that's weird. That is a WHDload game. It's the new Petsciirobots game.

So we can't add non whdload games then like the old iGame? I used to have a few ST converted games added to my games list using the old iGame.
Old 06 January 2022, 15:31   #326
rabidgerry

told a lie there just one game doesn't have a slave from what I can see, Petscii Robots does have a slave but still undetected by igameV2
Old 06 January 2022, 16:00   #327
Aardvark

Non-WHDLoad games can be added manually by Add Game. Are you sure the Petsciirobots slave is in Game Repositories?
Old 06 January 2022, 17:17   #328
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Non-WHDLoad games can be added manually by Add Game. Are you sure the Petsciirobots slave is in Game Repositories?
So I have a A_N as 1 repository and 0_Z as my second game repository and naturally with this are drawers under each letter, and as you would expect Petscii went into P drawer with all other P games. Usually when I add stuff I just re-scan repositories.

Now this seems to have worked using an older version of igameV2 (v2.0 from 2020-10-16) in WINUAE with a HDF version of my main drive. But on my actual Amiga sporting the most recent version of V2 it hasn't picked up the game at all no matter how many times I re-scan.
Old 06 January 2022, 17:56   #329
walkero

I checked at http://whdload.de/games/P0-Ph.html and there is no WHDLoad installation of Petscii. Where is this coming from? Where can I find it?
Old 06 January 2022, 18:00   #330
walkero

Oh, right... I found the installer at http://whdload.de/games/AttackOfThePETSCIIRobots.html

Just for a confirmation. The latest version of iGame you are using is iGame 2.1b3 ???
Old 06 January 2022, 18:13   #331
rabidgerry

Quote:
I checked at http://whdload.de/games/P0-Ph.html and there is no WHDLoad installation of Petscii. Where is this coming from? Where can I find it?
When I purchased the game I got a WHD-a-fied version as part of the digital download

Quote:
Oh, right... I found the installer at http://whdload.de/games/AttackOfThePETSCIIRobots.html

Just for a confirmation. The latest version of iGame you are using is iGame 2.1b3 ???
Yes, this is the name of the lha I downloaded iGame-v2.1b3-20211204.lha.
Old 06 January 2022, 18:17   #332
walkero

Since you got the latest version of iGame, did you add other games? Did it work?
Is this the only game that this is happening?

There is always a possibility I broke something in the last release. Although that I always test the game addition before I do any release.

Does anyone else that got the game, have the same issue? Or with any other game?

I will try to replicate it and be back to you.
Old 07 January 2022, 11:13   #333
rabidgerry

Quote:
Since you got the latest version of iGame, did you add other games? Did it work?
Is this the only game that this is happening?

There is always a possibility I broke something in the last release. Although that I always test the game addition before I do any release.

Does anyone else that got the game, have the same issue? Or with any other game?

I will try to replicate it and be back to you.
So since I got the latest version (back in December) I have not added any games until the other day.

I forgot to mention when I tried to add it manually it crashed my Amiga as well. It added it to the list ok but clicking it crashed the system. When I tried to remove it then it also crashed. I had to go into the actual game list and delete out of the csv file manually.
Old 21 January 2022, 14:55   #334
rabidgerry

I thought I was being mental about the new iGamev2b not picking a WHD load game from my repositories but I can confirm it's true. Reason I doubted myself was because the name of the game was different from what I had thought so I was looking in the wrong place!!!!!

But even at that, when I look under the right letter the game is still not showing for me.
Old 23 January 2022, 18:24   #335
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I thought I was being mental about the new iGamev2b not picking a WHD load game from my repositories but I can confirm it's true. Reason I doubted myself was because the name of the game was different from what I had thought so I was looking in the wrong place!!!!!

But even at that, when I look under the right letter the game is still not showing for me.
I’d best hold off from upgrading then
Old 23 January 2022, 18:32   #336
wiz12

Quote:

Which game isn't showing up for you?
Old 23 January 2022, 18:58   #337
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

I don't think it depends on the update, this error usually happens when there are errors in the file name
Old 23 January 2022, 19:09   #338
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Which game isn't showing up for you?
It was Petscii Robots. Which is actually called "Attack of the Petscii Robots"

However I just changed the settings back to "slave" for contents from and it has now picked up the game!

However it doesn't pickup "Worthy" as it doesn't seem to have a slave despite opening in WHD load.

Right so it's been a combo of me not realising the full title of the game and not having the right setting on.

But then I originally did have the settings witched to "slave" but obviously when I scanned before I was looking in "P" rather than "A".

So just to clarify there doesn't seem to be an issue after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor View Post
I’d best hold off from upgrading then
No I think it is safe to upgrade now. Mind you screen shots I have for games look better in old iGame than the new one which I dunno why. But it is defo picking up game titles.
Old 24 January 2022, 00:46   #339
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
It was Petscii Robots. Which is actually called "Attack of the Petscii Robots"

However I just changed the settings back to "slave" for contents from and it has now picked up the game!

However it doesn't pickup "Worthy" as it doesn't seem to have a slave despite opening in WHD load.

Right so it's been a combo of me not realising the full title of the game and not having the right setting on.

But then I originally did have the settings witched to "slave" but obviously when I scanned before I was looking in "P" rather than "A".

So just to clarify there doesn't seem to be an issue after all.

No I think it is safe to upgrade now. Mind you screen shots I have for games look better in old iGame than the new one which I dunno why. But it is defo picking up game titles.
Will give it a shot
Old 26 January 2022, 12:50   #340
lineacero

KGLoad - Amiga Games Frontend (AGA Version)

Pack hdf dos ffs 2 gb please killergorilla photo amiga.org,,please