Old 28 February 2019, 18:44   #61
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
In the file scummvm.ini a line says:
(...)
fullscreen=true
(...)
If you set it as "false" scummvm starts in windowed mode.

I've already used the "false" option and it doesn't work, however you don't need to edit the scummvm.ini file, you can do the same thing from the options that you have the GUI)

--- Italiano ----

Ho già usato l'opzione "false" e non funziona, comunque non occorre editare il file scummvm.ini, puoi fare la stessa cosa dalle opzioni che hai sulla GUI)
Old 28 February 2019, 18:49   #62
jurassicman

I'm sorry, it works for me...
I have to modify the scummvm.ini file because if I start the program with "fullscreen=true" it hangs...
Once started I switch to fullscreen through the GUI and it works well.
Old 28 February 2019, 19:08   #63
AMIGASYSTEM

Are you using ScummVM RTG? what version? on OS4 ScummVM 2.0.0 works well in the window mode.
Old 01 March 2019, 03:17   #64
grelbfarlk

Alt-Enter should be working. Though I should note that I'm basically abandoning this version as Hedeon's 2.1 version is superior. The only caveat is that sometime after 1.8 they removed the sound rate selection in the menus, which might be problematic for some specific usage scenarios. Also I think MT-32 emulation seems to keep getting slower with later releases.
Old 01 March 2019, 09:16   #65
AMIGASYSTEM

However the RTG version is quite fast, in addition to the Windows mode problem you can not replace the Theme, I would like to use the Theme "scummmodern", in the PC version you can change the themes.

Old my video with ScummVM RTG 1.50 (in this version theme scummmodern it works):
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 March 2019, 23:09   #66
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
However the RTG version is quite fast, in addition to the Windows mode problem you can not replace the Theme, I would like to use the Theme "scummmodern", in the PC version you can change the themes.

Old my video with ScummVM RTG 1.50 (in this version theme scummmodern it works):

Ok? Both this and Hedeon's 2.1 version support themes and the full archive has the scummodern theme. There is an issue on real hardware, not >2GHz machines that themes are slightly slower to navigate, but not nearly as bad as the 68k RTG version.
Old 02 March 2019, 09:16   #67
jurassicman

Quote:
Are you using ScummVM RTG? what version? on OS4 ScummVM 2.0.0 works well in the window mode.

As you can see from the screnshot I use ScummVM for WarpOS version 2.1.0git.

As I said it works quite well on my A1200T with Blizzard PPC 1260/66 e603 180MHz but I have to start the program in windowed mode and without any themes.

Once started I can switch to fullscreen and it works almost flawlessly (I just had a few crashes playing some games). I don't use any themes because with them the GUI is really slow on my system.

Old 02 March 2019, 18:56   #68
AMIGASYSTEM

We are talking about two different things my is not a WarpOS system, but OS3.9 68k RTG, in addition to being a much older version of your (1.8.1). Even on OS4 ScummVM 2.0 with works well in the window and you can even change the skin

----- Italiano ----

Stiamo parlando di due cose diverse il mio non è un sistema WarpOS, ma OS3.9 68k RTG, oltre ad essere una versione molto più vecchia della tua (1.8.1). Anche su OS4 con ScummVM 2.0 funziona bene in finestra e si può anche cambiare lo skin.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 March 2019 at 08:44.
Old 02 March 2019, 19:45   #69
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
We are talking about two different things my is not a WarpOS system, but OS3.9 68k RTG, in addition to being a much older version of your (1.8.1). Even on OS4 ScummVM 2.0 with works well in the window and you can even change the skin
This is NOT an OS3.9 68k RTG thread. This is a WarpOS thread. For a version where you CAN do window and change the skin. Plus the version in this thread has been superseded (by 2.1.0) in a different EAB thread.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here.
Old 02 March 2019, 20:47   #70
AMIGASYSTEM

I probably mistranslated the subject of the discussion, your speech seems to me rude, there are more civilized ways to communicate.
Old 02 March 2019, 21:21   #71
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

I find it offensive that me being as clear as possible (as you didn't seem to understand the previous posts) is being declared by you as rude.
Old 02 March 2019, 21:26   #72
AMIGASYSTEM

I had no interest in getting into a discussion dedicated to WarpOS, as said I was fooled by the translation, however no one behaved like you.
Old 02 March 2019, 21:38   #73
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

You are again being offensive. Can a moderator remove the off topic comments?
Old 02 March 2019, 21:41   #74
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

The thing is, I emphasised certain words. It helped you understand. I did not call you names. You call me rude. So who is really....
Old 10 March 2019, 04:42   #75
grelbfarlk

Well anyway there's an exciting new development with Dosbox, will be just two more weeks till release.
Old 10 March 2019, 12:33   #76
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Well anyway there's an exciting new development with Dosbox, will be just two more weeks till release.

Great news, mate!
I can't wait to test it!
Old 23 March 2019, 00:38   #77
grelbfarlk

Just two more weeks... It's working and stable after it's working but just some too annoying bugs.
Old 17 April 2019, 01:52   #78
grelbfarlk

So here's some stuff to try, they work ok on Ragnarok, other stuff not so much.

Works on Rapture G4 though, but DisSigBounce must be turned off which is a pretty big performance hit. Ragnarok turn DisSigBouce on.

dosbox_gln5 uses an a buggy old MiniGL enabled version of libSDL, mouse handling is not good in fullscreen, but is ok in a window. Maybe adjusting mouse sensitivity could help. output=openglnb should work if you have a Warp3D enabled card. Otherwise it will fall back to surface.

dosbox_crcr2 uses the most recent Aminet release of libSDL but the mouse pointer has a small dot on it. Otherwise mouse and window handling works much better. This version has Timidity support, which seems to work with the Gravis Ultrasound Playmidi program. Will look for timidity.cfg in env: and devs:amidi. output=surface is recommended. overlay is in there too but it's just SW surface, mostly.

Put them in a directory and adjust the last few lines of dosbox.conf to point to your PC games directory.
setenv envarc:SDL_SWSURFACE=1

How much faster is it?

On a Ragnarok:
  • Master of Orion 2 runs ok with sound at 12000 cycles.
  • Doom runs not too terribly with sound and midi at 12000 cycles.
  • Syndicate runs just fine at about 7500 cycles.
  • Warcraft 2 runs tolerably but not great. Use Wrangler's Stratagus instead of this.
  • Windows 95 boots but is not good at all if you want sound to work, don't bother with this unless you have nothing better to do. It does work but sound skips unless cycles are about 3000 or so, which then the CPU is so slow that it's not useful for much of anything.
  • Magic Carpet 2 someone reported runs ok at about 12000 cycles with a little sound stutter.

DOS/4GW applications are far slower than non DOS/4GW applications.

The real kicker seems to be when using CD audio, the streaming I guess takes up too much 68k time, so try to use midi or adlib music when possible.

Other issues:
Using a real CDROM:

mount e /cd0: -t cdrom -usecd 0
This seems to work for me but doesn't work for other people that have tested it.

Using a CD Image:
imgmount e games:iso/mycd.iso -t iso

HDD Images work but you have to make them somewhere else, start with a blank 256MB image as this doesn't take any special parameters to get working.

Run via a Workbench icon (like Novacoder's Dosbox). If that launches for you, you can try in a CLI window to see the output.

If you try on a CSPPC, maybe set a large stack, like 4000000. It does not work for me on CSPPC. It definitely doesn't work on CSPPC under OS4.1, but I can't say more than that.

If it doesn't run, changing core=dynamic to core=normal might start it up, but it'll be significantly slower. core=auto will switch to dynamic if it thinks it needs it and if you can't launch with dynamic then it will probably freeze.

Audio will use AHI Unit 0: Paula 8-bit DMA recommended.

It uses gobs and gobs of memory. With CSPPC booted I have about 140MB available, with 8 MB allocated for Dosbox about 100MB gets used-before it freezes and doesn't launch.

Ragnarok has so much RAM that I don't really pay attention, and can set 31MB for Dosbox, but normally use 16MB.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 27 July 2019 at 04:18.
Old 17 April 2019, 05:55   #79
NovaCoder

Impressive work.

Did you do anything to try and improve performance?

I spent months playing around with my 68k port to improve the speed but didn't really get anywhere unfortunately.
Old 17 April 2019, 07:26   #80
jurassicman

@grelbfarlk

Thanks so much, mate!
I'll check this out as soon as I have a moment and I'll report here how it goes...
I haven't a Warp 3D VGA yet but I bought a Voodoo 3 3000 and I'm considering to use it instead of my Radeon 9200... if I do so I'll be able to test openglnb as well...

Great job!!!