English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 April 2022, 12:48   #21
Commodore_inc
Commodore Inc

Hello
we are changing the prices for the game jam to focus better on the community expectations: winners will also get games for c64/amiga from the psytronik catalog!
https://psytronik.itch.io/
Old 08 April 2022, 13:01   #22
Commodore_inc
Commodore Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
Wow!

Look at this answer:

"quick answers: You own the factory? yes The tablet is designed by you? yes"

That is an obvious lie! Directly into your face!

That's prove I got the right feeling right away - scammers.
This part is a bit more complex than you seems to picture here. Commodore Engineering does not control what is the aftermarket of a designed tablet, meaning that the factory in China will have the possibility to resell the concept after sometime, and we do not know what difference are in the final product anyway, compared to the one branded C=.
Owning a company in China is also a complex matter: you buy assembly lines whitin an existing factory... there are lot of administrative aspect and all this is OOT: Commodore Engineering is just proposing a jam for the community here, supported by commodorians like Allister Brimble...
this is the first jam and something need to be retuned (we took away the android games from prices and propose c64/amiga games instead)..
there is nothing bad here, and Commodore is not interested in making money by rebranding stuff or reselling licenses: 90% of all the tablets have been delivered in B2B market for universities and charity activities... I understand people are skeptical because the late history of the brand, but this is not relate to the Jam, and you can check in the FB page what Commodore Engineering is doing as concrete activities (a new magazine is coming, the games under development will be ported in linux in teh near future, and new hardware will be announced...)
Old 08 April 2022, 13:42   #23
Daedalus

Well, at least you've found the actual Amiga community now after pushing this game jam on an Atari forum for the past month I would also suggest promoting it in the main Commodore Amiga Facebook group, though I suspect the reception there will be similar.
Old 08 April 2022, 14:08   #24
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_inc View Post
This part is a bit more complex than you seems to picture here. Commodore Engineering does not control what is the aftermarket of a designed tablet, meaning that the factory in China will have the possibility to resell the concept after sometime,...

So you definitively DO NOT OWN that factory, because otherwise you would be able to control the whatever "aftermarket" or "resell"

"We do own a factory in China", was a big fat lie!

I do not believe you for a second, that you "designed" this tablet either.
You probably do not even know, what that means from the standpoint of electrical engineering and manufacturing.
You may have given a wishlist with some specs to some company in China ... that is not what we here regard as hardware design!

And if you really did:
it is the most generic, boring, lame, low entry level Android tablet I've seen for along time. If you goal was to produce something totally unremarkable you can also get from everyone else (cheaper and better) - you succeeded.

Quote:
and we do not know what difference are in the final product anyway, compared to the one branded C=.
So you have no clue what your own factory in China does

The branding looks like a simple white sticker by the way - and is totally oversized and badly centered on the device - even the brand design looks amateurish at best.

Quote:
Commodore Engineering is just proposing a jam for the community here, supported by commodorians like Allister Brimble...
To get games and pixel-art and music, for putting them in repackaged bundles on PlayStore ... right?

Quote:
this is the first jam and something need to be retuned (we took away the android games from prices ...
That were free downloads anyways ...

Quote:
and Commodore is not interested in making money by rebranding stuff or reselling licenses: 90% of all the tablets have been delivered in B2B market for universities and charity activities...
Because it is overpriced and so unremarkable and low end, that you had to give it away for free in the end?

Quote:
and new hardware will be announced...)
Finally someone announcing new hardware ....

Last edited by Gorf; 08 April 2022 at 14:19.
Old 08 April 2022, 15:27   #25
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_inc View Post
This part is a bit more complex than you seems to picture here. Commodore Engineering does not control what is the aftermarket of a designed tablet, meaning that the factory in China will have the possibility to resell the concept after sometime, and we do not know what difference are in the final product anyway, compared to the one branded C=.
Owning a company in China is also a complex matter: you buy assembly lines whitin an existing factory... there are lot of administrative aspect and all this is OOT:
Sorry, but no, it's not really "OOT". When some out-of-the blue entity tries to establish itself in a long standing community by claiming they're a new face of a beloved company, then these things matter very much.

And so far in response to simple questions you've produced only very sketchy and dubious replies. This latest one is no different and is only digging that hole even deeper. You really want me to believe that in 5 months between that failed Kickstarter in Nov 2021 and now (Apr 2022) you managed to design a completely new tablet, which then got copied by the Chinese vendors? Please. And even if this tall tale was actually true, it'd only prove that you should stay far away from any sort of hardware manufacturing, since it's all totally clueless.

I might be wrong, of course, and we'll see a glorious Commodore revival soon, but tbh there's so many red flags here that it makes my head hurt...and I'm a bit tired of watching similar trainwrecks all around the retro scene. You're welcome to prove me wrong, but for now I'll leave that topic be, it's just too irritating. Let's see where you're at in a few months.
Old 08 April 2022, 19:06   #26
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

"I own something in China" is really just shorthand for "the CCP is allowing me to use something in China". The best way to control "aftermarket" for things made in China is to not make them in China to begin with.