Old 10 July 2006, 01:24   #1
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Memory Leak on A1200 with CWB FULL

Help!!! This is a waffly post sorry...

My Ram is all leaking away....

On boot my RAM is C: 1,599,456 F:13,573,664

I use CWB full on an A1200 Apollo 040 25mhz 16mb Fastram.
I have 4gb 2.5 HDD partioned to DH0: and DH1: an IDE CDROM drive connected through a 4 way buffered IDE interface. No major changes to CWB other than IDEFIX97 and FBLIt and Ftext.

The system was fine and stable for 2 weeks...

My trouble began when I ran the IDEFIX CD32 emulator. I installed the startup-sequence that that can be invoked with a keypress. On using the emulator, I clicked on the Initialize button instead of the Boot button. The HD began spinning up and kept spinning but not booting WB. I RESET the system then.

After that the boot time was very slooow at least 1min. On WB startup it said that DH0: was not validated. Disksalv2 was used to validate it. No errors were found.

Boot time is now Ok but whenever I run and then exit a program, the RAM is not released.

Also VooDooX cannot find the XAD.Library anymore. I redownloaded the Library from Aminet, and it worked. However after reboot it is lost again... aaaarrrghhh

I uninstalled the CD32 Startup sequence, Fblit and Ftext, no help though...

I dont want to Format and Reinstall!!!
Old 10 July 2006, 09:07   #2
thomas

Remove the CD32 section from startup-sequence.

Copy all files to another partition, format this one and copy the files back.

Never run DiskSalv when the disk-validator is still running. Wait for all disk activity to finish and if you don't get an error message like "checksum error in block xy" or "block xy used twice" or something like that, the disk has repaired itself. Only after such an error message you should run DiskSalv.
Old 18 August 2006, 19:53   #3
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
A Salutory lesson....

After struggling with this for ages, I have it beat!

I had a Virus! Dont know how or where but my miggy had Fungus/LSD. The clue was when I closed my TCP stack (miami) and it said " Are you sure you want to quit? TCP still in use" This set me thinking about what would be using TCP... Virii I thought. Sure enough I had Fungus/LSD all over my miggy. This virus' peculiarity is that it performs:
run >nil: newshell TCP:1666

VirusZ scanned found and fixed all instances in my System!! Now I can enjoy CWB as it was intended.
Needless to say VirusZ is now in my WBStartup folder